Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope it's more than one scene. I wonder if Welling insisted on that. Seems like he's still reluctant to be "openly" Superman on screen.
    I was hoping he'd have a decent role here, being the 'first' CW superhero show and all. But considering he's not even on the poster for this event, I think the rumor of one scene may be correct.

I'm just hoping his world isn't destroyed...spent too many seasons watching him save it, I'd hate to see it get wiped out. Perhaps he'll be the Superman (with his Lois) that gets saved in a pocket dimension. It's possible his "one day of shooting" involved doing endcaps, something near the beginning (to show Crisis has reached his world) and then something near the end (to show us they're ok). Who knows, though.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

This whole "he's only in one scene" thing is making the rounds, but a lot of the focus of Episode 2 going by the synopsis is about tracking him down and Berlanti has flat-out said there's a scene with all three Supermen (which doesn't seem to be the chunk on the Kent farm going by the promotional shots/synopsis again) so I'm pretty sure it's not quite accurate.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    This whole "he's only in one scene" thing is making the rounds, but a lot of the focus of Episode 2 going by the synopsis is about tracking him down and Berlanti has flat-out said there's a scene with all three Supermen (which doesn't seem to be the chunk on the Kent farm going by the promotional shots/synopsis again) so I'm pretty sure it's not quite accurate.
    Oh, really? That's really good to hear...I've been trying my best to avoid production photos and news after the pics of Routh came out, so I hadn't heard what Berlanti had said or read the synopsis for any of the episodes. I saw someone on twitter claim the thing about 1 scene, which seemed odd to even bother with. But Welling has been pretty adamant over the years about avoiding reunion stuff, saying that the point of the show was to see him become Superman and not to see him AS Superman...so agreeing to come back has to mean something, I would think. Something more than just 1 scene where they see red skies.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

(Does happy dance!)
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Oh, really? That's really good to hear...I've been trying my best to avoid production photos and news after the pics of Routh came out, so I hadn't heard what Berlanti had said or read the synopsis for any of the episodes. I saw someone on twitter claim the thing about 1 scene, which seemed odd to even bother with. But Welling has been pretty adamant over the years about avoiding reunion stuff, saying that the point of the show was to see him become Superman and not to see him AS Superman...so agreeing to come back has to mean something, I would think. Something more than just 1 scene where they see red skies.
    Didn't mean to post anything resembling spoilers if you were avoiding it, but glad you're glad to hear it. If it IS one scene, certainly my impression is that it's going to be something on the order of Superman/men and company coming to recruit him, him explaining he got Whatever Happened To The Man Of Tomorrow-ed and can't help, and giving and Lois a rallying speech, rather than twenty seconds of them peering up from farmwork at red skies the way that's probably the case for a lot of the other cameos.
    Buh-bye

Didn't mean to post anything resembling spoilers if you were avoiding it, but glad you're glad to hear it. If it IS one scene, certainly my impression is that it's going to be something on the order of Superman/men and company coming to recruit him, him explaining he got Whatever Happened To The Man Of Tomorrow-ed and can't help, and giving and Lois a rallying speech, rather than twenty seconds of them peering up from farmwork at red skies the way that's probably the case for a lot of the other cameos.
    Oh, no, no reason to be sorry. I appreciate the heads up on it, I've been pretty disappointed since I heard about the "1 scene' thing. The synopsis does make it sound like it might be a little bigger, so fingers crossed.

Retired

I think that the direction that the SMALLVILLE series took, the better outcome for that Clark Kent was never to hide the truth from the world, because all the lies just made his life worse. So putting on a super-hero costume and pretending to be someone else was never going to work for Smallville. If he's just living out in the open, I'd be fine with that.

Anyway, we know it was pretty last minute that Welling became available for COIE. Nobody's fault, that's just how the cookie crumbles. So I don't expect that much--might not even have a full costume, because those take a long time to make--and it's just nice to have him show up at all.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I hope he doesn't lose his powers in this version. That would suck. But Welling really seems to want to let this go and he may have forced them to pull a Han in Force Awakens if they wanted him back.
    Assassinate Putin!