Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

This just shows how ugly the Returns costume was. It really affected his overall look in the part negatively. This is probably the best Super costume the CW has produced yet. And that's saying something because I'm no longer a fan of live-action trunks. But for this particular Superman they are appropriate, I think.

Oops, sorry, I wasn't aware that each actor had their own thread, hadn't really kept up with the CW stuff till now.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-27-2019 at 01:19 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

He has the blue eyes and also grey hair! Looks nice. But Brandon has his own thread.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Guess this has switched over from the Routh one to the general Superman in Crisis thread for the moment?

It is for real embarrassing how much better this is than his costume in Superman Returns, a Blockbuster Film, was. Fix the colors, give his cape a decent texture, beef up the S a little bit, and hey, whaddaya know, the actual real Superman costume (the Kingdom Come cosmetic differences notwithstanding) still works perfectly fine in live action. Swap out the raised S for Hoechlin's and make the belt yellow and it'd be an ideal modern live-action Superman costume period. My only minuscule complaint is that the fabric connecting the belt to the underwear is clearly made up of different fabric than the trunks themselves.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    First look at Routh as Kingdom Come Supes:

https://twitter.com/DCSuperman/statu...30189997744128
    okay, now I'm hoping he's one of the supermen who live. He looks so awesome! TRUNKS BITCHES!!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    First look at Routh as Kingdom Come Supes:

https://twitter.com/DCSuperman/statu...30189997744128
    Ha! They brought back the trunks .

They also did a good job of making Routh look older. I'm glad t hey didn't give Routh those dumb cape claps they gave Hoechlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ha! They brought back the trunks .

They also did a good job of making Routh look older. I'm glad t hey didn't give Routh those dumb cape claps they gave Hoechlin.
    Oh yeah I agree!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    okay, now I'm hoping he's one of the supermen who live. He looks so awesome! TRUNKS BITCHES!!
    DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! That looks awesome! Trunks and all! Black belt and everything! I want an ongoing series with THIS Superman! First we get Spidey back in the MCU and now this! Today has been a good day!
    Assassinate Putin!

Wow that looks amazing for a TV show. Hope he’ll look that good in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wow that looks amazing for a TV show. Hope he’ll look that good in action.
    I kind of hope Hoechlin Superman isn't shown next to either Routh or Welling in the crossover.. he won't look good.

Still not a fan of bringing the trunks back in live action (or any medium for that matter), but it works fine for this version of Routh's Superman.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

From Routh’s Instagram.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    From Routh’s Instagram.

It's upsetting how on point he looks. The guy just looks like Superman. Full stop.

I'm physically shaking with anger at the thought of this being a swan song rather than a "look everyone, we totally found the guy that's gonna play Superman for like forever."

I've never said this sort of thing before about a modern film version of the character, but dude looks perfect. That's what Superman looks like.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 09-27-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    It's upsetting how on point he looks. The guy just looks like Superman. Full stop.
    He definitely looks like Kingdom Come Superman. To an uncanny extent.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He definitely looks like Kingdom Come Superman. To an uncanny extent.
    Sure there's that as a byproduct, but I'm just straight up saying that this is the most Superman lookin Superman I've seen since Christopher Reeve. My opinion obviously
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    From Routh’s Instagram.

Holy **** looks like he walked right off the pages.