Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Sure there's that as a byproduct, but I'm just straight up saying that this is the most Superman lookin Superman I've seen since Christopher Reeve. My opinion obviously
    Well, how many Supermen have we had really since Reeve?
    Dean Cain - actually pretty good considering constraints for a 90's tv budget.
    Routh - Returns had more problems than the suit...
    Welling - never wore the suit.
    Cavill - Snyder's movies had more problems than the suit...
    Dude on Supergirl - I can't even be bothered to remember the actor's name, that's how much he matters in that show
    And now Routh again - So yeah, not a whole lot of competition

But yeah, he does look better than last time.

It's upsetting how on point he looks. The guy just looks like Superman. Full stop.

I'm physically shaking with anger at the thought of this being a swan song rather than a "look everyone, we totally found the guy that's gonna play Superman for like forever."

I've never said this sort of thing before about a modern film version of the character, but dude looks perfect. That's what Superman looks like.
    Yeah - this confirms (as already said) just how cheated he was by the SR suit. I'd style his hair differently, but other than that it's perfect.

Hey, maybe if everybody is crazy positive about Routh and never stops, they'll give *him* a show instead. I can dream, right? lol
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Dude on Supergirl - I can't even be bothered to remember the actor's name, that's how much he matters in that show

Tyler Hoechlin .

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Yeah - this confirms (as already said) just how cheated he was by the SR suit. I'd style his hair differently, but other than that it's perfect.

Hey, maybe if everybody is crazy positive about Routh and never stops, they'll give *him* a show instead. I can dream, right? lol
    A show? JAK, my friend, that first image we got made me sad that he didn't get a proper shot. That second image from his IG effectively ruined me for all future new Superman actors TV or film.

Am I being extra? *looks back at second image* Nah.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tyler Hoechlin .
    Still probably won't remember it. He's been no more than a glorified cameo, at best. Which is a shame, seems like he'd be able to do the role well if given the chance.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    From Routh’s Instagram.

WHY can't this Superman get his own series! I want that suit so bad! I really hope he doesn't die in this now just so we have a chance to see this suit again! They did not skimp on the budget here. This is a movie quality suit.
    Assassinate Putin!

A show? JAK, my friend, that first image we got made me sad that he didn't get a proper shot. That second image from his IG effectively ruined me for all future new Superman actors TV or film.

See, this is what happens when you cast a Superman actor who's from a Kansas-adjacent state. (I say, living in that state, lol)
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post

LOL, yup exactly.. Like I said, my faves are Reeve, Routh and Cavill. Lately I've realized Dean Cain looks better than I thought. Quite handsome just not my ideal look.

Brandon looks awesome so far and more mature which helps. He was too young in Returns.

But I also love Henry as Superman. And Chris Reeve. I like all 3 a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Brandon looks awesome so far and more mature which helps. He was too young in Returns.

But I also love Henry as Superman. And Chris Reeve. I like all 3 a lot.
    For liking all three: same.

But for the age thing, I think a lot of it had to do with the suit and the lighting. If you look at pictures of him from the time that aren't Superman-related, he looks perfect. That SR suit was just really bad at accenting him - usually covering up musculature, to be honest.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    For liking all three: same.

But for the age thing, I think a lot of it had to do with the suit and the lighting. If you look at pictures of him from the time that aren't Superman-related, he looks perfect. That SR suit was just really bad at accenting him - usually covering up musculature, to be honest.
    maybe you're right, but I still feel he looked a bit young, especially if you compare him to Reeve at the same age. Reeve was more mature looking. It's why Bosworth was not so wrong as his Lois since she was also so young.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    maybe you're right, but I still feel he looked a bit young, especially if you compare him to Reeve at the same age. Reeve was more mature looking. It's why Bosworth was not so wrong as his Lois since she was also so young.
    There's specifically one picture from a training magazine that made me think "yeah, he looks more like Superman out of that costume." I'll post it if I can find it. Another thing that doesn't help Routh is the hair. It's a lot more puffy looking, which most shows do to people now to make them look younger - so that might be where you're getting that.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

jr2n693sq7p31.jpg

Edited version making it look more like the traditional design

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

I find it fascinating how only Superman "fans" can both praise Kingdom Come and then be like "Man of Steel destroyed my childhood, Snyder is a hack". Really impressive level hypocrisy. A story built around death of a lead female character is suddenly "the most accurate live action Supermam". Every time I try to come back to Superman fandom I'm immediately remided why I left.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I find it fascinating how only Superman "fans" can both praise Kingdom Come and then be like "Man of Steel destroyed my childhood, Snyder is a hack". Really impressive level hypocrisy. A story built around death of a lead female character is suddenly "the most accurate live action Supermam". Every time I try to come back to Superman fandom I'm immediately remided why I left.
    This is wrong on so many levels, have you even read Kingdom Come? The story isn't built on Lois's death. Everyone at the Daily Planet dies, all of Clark's friends/co-workers like Perry and Jimmy...Lois actually goes down fighting the Joker and trying to stop him expanded material. And that's not even the thing that sends Superman into exile. It's the public refusal to punish the man who ends up murdering the Joker that finally leads to Superman turning his back on humanity, had they not turned away from his ideals of justice and chosen a murder as their new protector, he would've stayed and Kingdome Come wouldn't have happened. The major turning point of the plot, and what the story is built on, is the trial of Magog and the verdict that comes from it, not Lois's death. That's why Superman and the world end up the way they do.
    Last edited by Batknight; 09-27-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    This is wrong on so many levels, have you even read Kingdom Come? The story isn't built on Lois's death. Everyone at the Daily Planet dies, all of Clark's friends/co-workers like Perry and Jimmy...Lois actually goes down fighting the Joker and trying to stop him expanded material. And that's not even the thing that sends Superman into exile. It's the public refusal to punish the man who ends up murdering the Joker that finally leads to Superman turning his back on humanity, had they not turned away from his ideals of justice and chosen a murder as their new protector, he would've stayed and Kingdome Come wouldn't have happened. The major turning point of the plot, and what the story is built on, is the trial of Magog, not Lois's death.
    You’re right, but no one actually remembers that. It’s always Lois’ death that gets blamed. But it still relies on fridging her to kick off the story. It is her death that drives the narrative. Man, Kingdom Come is really a terrible Superman story though. His actions throughout are awful. It’s not supposed to be “good” take on Superman it’s a cautionary tale.

Routh looks great and that suit looks awesome. I like that it keeps the “s” texturing as well. He’s the Returns Superman. If Routh survives this I could see him ending up in the Paradise dimension with Lois and his son. Or maybe his Earth gets erased and when he dies fighting the Anti-Monitor he gets to be with them in the afterlife. This is a “coda” on Superman Returns, not a Kingdom Come adaption.