Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Uh, isn't that just an in-joke? Think about who plays her in the New Mutants movie...
    Claremont's used that Easter egg before. In the End of Greys arc, Rachel sneaked out of the X-Mansion (passed all the security) to rent movies. The movies were all starring actors from the X-Men movies.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    There is no way Rahne would be reading Game of Thrones! John Bryne was right! Chris Claremont can't decide who these characters are!

The only way this would make sense is if it were the equivalent of a catholic schoolboy peeking at a copy of Playboy after lights out. I can imagine some genuinely funny moments of Roberto teasing Rahne about her enjoying the more risque passages. But I'm sure Claremont didn't give it that much thought.
    Good Goddess! Man...overthinking much?
    It's just a casual fun in-media reference...not an end-of-the-universe retcon. Lighten up!

Will Illyana watch The Witch (2015) or will that break the sliding time scale

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Good Goddess! Man...overthinking much?
    It's just a casual fun in-media reference...not an end-of-the-universe retcon. Lighten up!
    It is as you say. But I read Claremont's X-Men much longer than I should have and he has certain habits that drive me nuts! This sometimes happens when you are in a relationship for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Will Illyana watch The Witch (2015) or will that break the sliding time scale
    Illyana and Xavier will rent the dvd of split

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

This team (writer & artist & characters) will got me on my knees forever and ever, don't matter what they do. They're the best! <3<3<3

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Sienkiwicz art is the main reason why I dropped the New Mutants in those days.
    Sienki was one of the main reasons why I got hooked, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    I thought this was always meant to be a “New Mutants Forever” type thing set around the time of their original run?
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    When in the original run could this have happened? For some reason I can't recall Magma being on the team the same time as Karma.
    You're right. Warlock (and Doug) joined the team while Shan was missing, so this cannot be strictly 616 canon. I'm too taking it as kind of a 'Slumber Party Forever', in which CC wants to fill a lacuna but at the same time wants to tribute all of his characters without keeping anyone out.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Where's Bobby's Magnum P.I. body pillow?
    I thought exactly the same thing, LOL.

RE: Rahne & Game of Thrones.

I find perfectly plausible and compatible this detail being a in-joke AND a real possibility (apart from the fact that the former novel was written much later than 'Slumber Party'). Rahne was a tremendously repressed person because of her upbringing, and a teenager at the same time. These two factors are the strongest for driving a girl to read "dirty" and/or "gory" literature. Sneakily, of course. And with subsequent guilty feeling, of course.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 09-21-2019 at 06:40 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    It is as you say. But I read Claremont's X-Men much longer than I should have and he has certain habits that drive me nuts! This sometimes happens when you are in a relationship for too long.
    I completely understand.
    I've read Claremont since '83...so, yeah. In this relationship I've learned to just ignore certain habits and faults and concentrate on the good ones, that way he maintains a level of esteem in my heart eventhough the flames of passion are all but completely burnt out.
    Honestly speaking...I'm here mainly for the Sienkiewicz...Claremont is my "side piece".
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-21-2019 at 08:04 AM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

It seems that this finally takes place in some moment after the Asgardian Wars:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...ren-1-preview/

NEW MUTANTS WAR CHILDREN #1
    JUL191054
    (W) Chris Claremont (A/CA) Bill Sienkiewicz
    STRONG AND FREE!
    Don’t miss this momentous event as legendary creators CHRIS CLAREMONT and BILL SIENKIEWICZ reunite with Magik, Wolfsbane, Cannonball, Cypher, Mirage, Karma, and Sunspot to share this never before told story of the New Mutants’ past! When Warlock experiences a nightmare, he begins going haywire, and it’s up to his friends to save him! But as Warlock grows more frenzied, they should be worrying about being able to save themselves…and doubly so when Magik’s inner demon, Darkchylde, threatens to break free! Also, a special guest appearance by none other than Kitty Pryde!
    Rated T+
    In Shops: Sep 25, 2019
    SRP: $4.99