Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,246

    Default Implications of "Iron Man 2020" for Spider-Man

    2020 will definitely be an important year for Iron Man, but I'm worried about how it can affect Spider-Man. On the original world of Arno Stark (Iron Man 2020), we had a future daughter of Spider-Man and Mary Jane named May Parker. She wore a suit similar to the first one used by Jessica Drew, only with Spider-Man's classic colours, red and blue. (It matched with her red hair, probably inherited from her mom).

    How about if it becomes real here? How?, well, sha can be Peter and MJ's daughter, but she doesn't have to be born "naturally". I mean, how about another plot from Norman Osborn, where he uses Peter and MJ's DNA to create "their daugther" and use her to kill him?

  2. #2
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,298

    Default

    Arno will make Norman, Kindred, Jackal, and Prowler an offer... it'll be the Year... of the VILLAIN!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    That's what I have over Beelzebub now, Honoka-chan. He thinks he's a third-year school idol. I know what I am. And in this fight-- that makes me INVINCIBLE!

  3. #3
    Incredible Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    883

    Default

    please no more spider-kids
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    2020 will definitely be an important year for Iron Man, but I'm worried about how it can affect Spider-Man. On the original world of Arno Stark (Iron Man 2020), we had a future daughter of Spider-Man and Mary Jane named May Parker. She wore a suit similar to the first one used by Jessica Drew, only with Spider-Man's classic colours, red and blue. (It matched with her red hair, probably inherited from her mom).

    How about if it becomes real here? How?, well, sha can be Peter and MJ's daughter, but she doesn't have to be born "naturally". I mean, how about another plot from Norman Osborn, where he uses Peter and MJ's DNA to create "their daugther" and use her to kill him?
    Thought Iron Man 2020 was an alternate timeline (and probably no longer in 2020, due to the sliding timescale)?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  5. #5
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    2020 will definitely be an important year for Iron Man, but I'm worried about how it can affect Spider-Man. On the original world of Arno Stark (Iron Man 2020), we had a future daughter of Spider-Man and Mary Jane named May Parker. She wore a suit similar to the first one used by Jessica Drew, only with Spider-Man's classic colours, red and blue. (It matched with her red hair, probably inherited from her mom).

    How about if it becomes real here? How?, well, sha can be Peter and MJ's daughter, but she doesn't have to be born "naturally". I mean, how about another plot from Norman Osborn, where he uses Peter and MJ's DNA to create "their daugther" and use her to kill him?
    I thought that was from X-Men/Spider-Man: Time's Arrow, Book 3 --- The Future.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,933

    Default

    Slott said that INCOMING would be the event that sets the stage for 2020, including perhaps Iron Man.

  7. #7
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Thought Iron Man 2020 was an alternate timeline (and probably no longer in 2020, due to the sliding timescale)?
    It's an AU, so the sliding timescale doesn't affect it. The current Arno is not the one introduced in the 80s.

  8. #8
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Thought Iron Man 2020 was an alternate timeline (and probably no longer in 2020, due to the sliding timescale)?
    Ah, so this'll be Spider-Man and Mary Jane's 'Rachel Summers', essentially? :P
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  9. #9
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    please no more spider-kids
    THIS. Definitely this.

  10. #10
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    763

    Default

    I cannot forgive Iron Man 2020, for being the murderer of the original Blizzard, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #20.

  11. #11
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    I cannot forgive Iron Man 2020, for being the murderer of the original Blizzard, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #20.
    I remember when ASM's very own Nick Spencer brought back Gregor in Iron Man 2.0 but it was just a blue-ball with the reveal that he was an android double. Still though, people remember Jack Frost's legend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    That's what I have over Beelzebub now, Honoka-chan. He thinks he's a third-year school idol. I know what I am. And in this fight-- that makes me INVINCIBLE!

  12. #12
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    Spider-man was indirectly responsible for Iron man 2020 and as a result..., nothing came of it. Yeah I can't remember Arno ever facing Spider-man after that. Spider-man misunderstanding what's happening between Arno and the child version of the terrorist that Arno needed to disarm a bomb in his home time that exploded because Spider-man intervened and ultimately caused the situation in the first place. Nothing. A nuked facility which included Arno's wife and young son, this was never followed up on. At least not to my knowledge anyways.., and you'd think that would be the easiest thing to follow up on but Arno is just a dick now and screwing Sunset Bain. You'd think that would've been the blueprint for his current turn, but I guess screwing your brother's rival turns you evil.

    If there is any implications, it's superficial at best.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Spider-man was indirectly responsible for Iron man 2020 and as a result..., nothing came of it. Yeah I can't remember Arno ever facing Spider-man after that. Spider-man misunderstanding what's happening between Arno and the child version of the terrorist that Arno needed to disarm a bomb in his home time that exploded because Spider-man intervened and ultimately caused the situation in the first place. Nothing. A nuked facility which included Arno's wife and young son, this was never followed up on. At least not to my knowledge anyways.., and you'd think that would be the easiest thing to follow up on but Arno is just a dick now and screwing Sunset Bain. You'd think that would've been the blueprint for his current turn, but I guess screwing your brother's rival turns you evil.

    If there is any implications, it's superficial at best.
    Any version of the future seen in 616 is an alternate timeline so of course it was never going to have consequences.

    Though I guess that sort of thinking might have inspired Slott to do Iron Man 2020

  14. #14
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    635

    Default

    If I recall correctly he made a appearance in the 'Legacy of Doom' mini.

  15. #15
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Any version of the future seen in 616 is an alternate timeline so of course it was never going to have consequences.

    Though I guess that sort of thinking might have inspired Slott to do Iron Man 2020
    Well of course, but for awhile this was just as possible as any other future timeline and Arno had since come back for adventures in mainline continuity even when Gillen introduced 616 Arno. To my knowledge they don't ever cross paths after this moment which is weird when you consider he's also a time-traveler. So nobody using an obvious story thread (especially as it ties into his origins) is especially odd.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •