Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Dan Slott was also a consultant on the cartoon, so....
    Well, he isn't a writter though, so even if he suggested "Hey guys, make everyone in NY look awesome with the powers they just got", doesn't mean they'd have to do it.

Even then, it'd be weird for him to suggest for everyone else to look awesome when he avoided that in the original... Oh well, we'll probably never know who to blame for that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, he isn't a writter though, so even if he suggested "Hey guys, make everyone in NY look awesome with the powers they just got", doesn't mean they'd have to do it.

Even then, it'd be weird for him to suggest for everyone else to look awesome when he avoided that in the original... Oh well, we'll probably never know who to blame for that lol.
    To be honest I wonder how much creative control Slott had as a consultant, because there were a lot of Slott-isms that feel like stuff the writers would have gotten from him (Spidey needing help constantly to win fights, other Spider-Heroes, the event storylines, Grady Scrapps, Regent).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest I wonder how much creative control Slott had as a consultant, because there were a lot of Slott-isms that feel like stuff the writers would have gotten from him (Spidey needing help constantly to win fights, other Spider-Heroes, the event storylines, Grady Scrapps, Regent).
    Well, Slott is well regarded as a Spidey writer, he wouldn't be in ASM for so long if not, so having someone like that being a consultant in a cartoon, it's understandable if they decided to hear his suggestions more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, Slott is well regarded as a Spidey writer, he wouldn't be in ASM for so long if not, so having someone like that being a consultant in a cartoon, it's understandable if they decided to hear his suggestions more often than not.
    I get that. I guess I just don't feel like some of the ideas/suggestions they used came off very well .

Freaking Force Works is going to get a tie-in. Maybe either Julia Carpenter is involved in this event, or as Ursalink said, we might see some AU madness and Spider-Girl 2020 might be part of this team. Some random speculation I've seen is that this team might be Machine Man's rebel team from that time.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 10-18-2019 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Freaking Force Works is going to get a tie-in. Maybe either Julia Carpenter is involved in this event, or as Ursalink said, we might see some AU madness and Spider-Girl 2020 might be part of this team. Some random speculation I've seen is that this team might be Machine Man's rebel team from that time.
    If Julia is in, I wonder if Slott will give her her powers back.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Sorry, but I think that team is probably Vision, Wonder Man, War Machine, and Wasp. Those characters are all involved in the Ultron Agenda arc.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

It's a shame Otto appears to be reverting back to status quo Doc Ock, I would have liked a crossover between Superior Spider-man and Iron Man 2020 (essentially the 'superior' Iron Man).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sorry, but I think that team is probably Vision, Wonder Man, War Machine, and Wasp. Those characters are all involved in the Ultron Agenda arc.
    Julia could still appear in it, since she was part of the original Force Works.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It'd be funny if she did, considering that both of the women she subbed for in the 90s Iron Man cartoon (Pepper Potts and Bethany Cabe) are already involved. Have the three of them ever met?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It'd be funny if she did, considering that both of the women she subbed for in the 90s Iron Man cartoon (Pepper Potts and Bethany Cabe) are already involved. Have the three of them ever met?
    And they're all redheads . . . technically "strawberry blonde," in Julia's case, but still.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Either way, making the reality of Earth-8410, from where the original Iron Man 2020 came, somehow to be combined with Earth-616 sounds really interesting to me. And the idea of making "Spider-Girl 2020" surely would affect Peter and MJ deeply.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I know that, but even so, everything seems to indicate they are trying to merge the world of Iroman 2020 with the main Earth 616. They already said all the characters from the original Iron Man 2020 (Earth-8410) would appear through this year. And one of those characters is "Spider-Girl 2020", who is supposed to be the daugther of Peter and Mary Jane.

You can find her here:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/May_Parker_(Earth-8410)

Even if she can't exist as the real "daughter" of Peter and MJ, it could be "genetic engineered" like a clone or something. Maybe another dirty trick from Norman Osborn. Anyway, it would be interesting if they use her through 2020.
    Knowing Dan he probably meant modern version of the characters from Machine Man #2.

So probably Machine Man, Jocasta, Baintronics, the Midnight Wreckers, etc.
    "Cable was right!"

Is the actual Living Brain dead? Even if he is, Slott loves him so there's a chance he could show up for two seconds.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Looking at the tie-ins the story is getting, doesn't look like Spidey will be getting anything from it, unless one of the tie-ins is connected with Spidey that can lead to that Spider-Girl being used and I missed it lol.