Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Current Arno isn't 1984 Arno. The current one lives in the present day and is Tony's adopted brother, the original was 36 years in the future and thus was Tony's descendant (exactly what is unknown, his father was Morgan Stark) - and is dead (got killed off in Marvel Zombies 5 #4).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Current Arno isn't 1984 Arno. The current one lives in the present day and is Tony's adopted brother, the original was 36 years in the future and thus was Tony's descendant (exactly what is unknown, his father was Morgan Stark) - and is dead (got killed off in Marvel Zombies 5 #4).
    I know that, but even so, everything seems to indicate they are trying to merge the world of Iroman 2020 with the main Earth 616. They already said all the characters from the original Iron Man 2020 (Earth-8410) would appear through this year. And one of those characters is "Spider-Girl 2020", who is supposed to be the daugther of Peter and Mary Jane.

You can find her here:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/May_Parker_(Earth-8410)

Even if she can't exist as the real "daughter" of Peter and MJ, it could be "genetic engineered" like a clone or something. Maybe another dirty trick from Norman Osborn. Anyway, it would be interesting if they use her through 2020.

She's not from the original IM2020. She's from a later story partially set in the same universe.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's not from the original IM2020. She's from a later story partially set in the same universe.
    Pal, look at the designated Earth. Both the original Iron Man 2020 and this Spider-Girl 2020 share the same reality, so that means if they are going to make all the characters of this reality to appear, this Spider-Girl will have to be included.

Another Spider-character coming to 616? Come on...

We got two of those already, and we already have too many spider-people, and another Spider-Girl would just hurt Anya even more...

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Eh another one? Can't wait to see more threads titled like this involving Spider-Man's "place" in events about other characters and groups.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Another Spider-character coming to 616? Come on...

We got two of those already, and we already have too many spider-people, and another Spider-Girl would just hurt Anya even more...
    Anya should have kept her original name, "Araña".

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Eh another one? Can't wait to see more threads titled like this involving Spider-Man's "place" in events about other characters and groups.
    Honestly, I feel like Spidey shouldn't be too connected with other spiders, whenever they team up, it just feels so... Redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Anya should have kept her original name, "Araña".
    And her original powers, since now she's "Venom without the symbiote" in her powerset, and probably should remain connected with Spider Society, since without it she's just a hero with no rogues, her father shouldn't have died too... There's too much "should" and "shouldn't" with her lol.

But hey, if Spider-Girl 2020 happens, maybe Anya could go back to being Araña, I mean Betsy went back to her original body, even though most people didn't care for it, feels like anything is possible because of that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Pal, look at the designated Earth. Both the original Iron Man 2020 and this Spider-Girl 2020 share the same reality, so that means if they are going to make all the characters of this reality to appear, this Spider-Girl will have to be included.
    It's all the characters from the original series, not the reality.

Honestly, I feel like Spidey shouldn't be too connected with other spiders, whenever they team up, it just feels so... Redundant.
    This reminds me of how the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon handled Spider-Island where it felt like Peter was becoming more and more redundant on an island of people with spider-powers the more the arc went along.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Obviously Spider-Man's gonna start wearing giant gears on his shoulders. They're gonna be all the rage in three months!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of how the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon handled Spider-Island where it felt like Peter was becoming more and more redundant on an island of people with spider-powers the more the arc went along.
    Really? Because at least the original story had the decency to show that not anyone can be Spider-Man, so he looked redundant at first and then ended the story by saving the city.

Of course, it wasn't just him, other heroes helped, Kaine was even the one who killed the Queen, but point is that Peter was still a huge deal.

Really? Because at least the original story had the decency to show that not anyone can be Spider-Man, so he looked redundant at first and then ended the story by saving the city.

Of course, it wasn't just him, other heroes helped, Kaine was even the one who killed the Queen, but point is that Peter was still a huge deal.
    I mean, he still saved the city and was relevant to the endgame, and it's not like just sat on his butt, but he kind of felt like just another guy there at times with everyone in their mother having spider-powers and somehow being as proficient with them as he was with very little experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, he still saved the city and was relevant to the endgame, and it's not like just sat on his butt, but he kind of felt like just another guy there at times with everyone in their mother having spider-powers and somehow being as proficient with them as he was with very little experience.
    At least the original avoided making everyone in NY looking experienced with the spider powers, I think...

Probably the one case of someone who recently got powers and was awesome with 'em was MJ, I remember that she was good enough to have pretty good aim with the organic webs, was questionable... Although you can headcanon that MJ is good with them because there's some random comic where Peter did give web shooters to MJ, and while it happened when they were married, OMD probably didn't retcon it away, since Peter and MJ still lived together, but... While it's cool and all to headcanon with this, we did have Silk being as good/better than Peter with her spider-powers even though she was living in a bunk, so you can argue it's a Slott thing if he feels like it...

At least the original avoided making everyone in NY looking experienced with the spider powers, I think...

Probably the one case of someone who recently got powers and was awesome with 'em was MJ, I remember that she was good enough to have pretty good aim with the organic webs, was questionable... Although you can headcanon that MJ is good with them because there's some random comic where Peter did give web shooters to MJ, and while it happened when they were married, OMD probably didn't retcon it away, since Peter and MJ still lived together, but... While it's cool and all to headcanon with this, we did have Silk being as good/better than Peter with her spider-powers even though she was living in a bunk, so you can argue it's a Slott thing if he feels like it...
    Well, Dan Slott was also a consultant on the cartoon, so....