Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Last time the X-men were split and a number of key X-men were on the avengers side from start to finish. Another fight with a united mutant race would be serious overkill.

Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, and Moira take a group photo when its all said and done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    So, schism? Nah.
    As I said, more likely. Not necessarily what will happen. If anything, I doubt there'll be an outright conflict of people beating each other.

We might, though, see some political strife, which might remind us a bit of Schism, but I'm thinking more about multiparty. Depending on how the machinations of Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse and Sinister go, we might or might not be headed to political conflict. Some mutants might identify better with the ideas of one or the other, after Krakoa is properly established as a country. Of course, we're assuming that the ideas of this four master schemers will go in more than two different directions. As far as we've seen, Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse are an unit. Sinister cares for none other than himself and he'll probably be built as the main threat of this phase.

Getting back to the politics subject. Once Krakoa is well and good, mutants might rise and take the lead in some aspects, independently of what the big wigs might think. How they'll handle mutant-human/mutant-universal aliens and so and so. How the X-Men should act in this brave new world. This kind of stuff that gets debates going, as we've seen from the fuckton of pages on the HoX #5.

Endless possibilities once you put your imagination to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    It’s Matthew Molloy

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

If we do get the Mutant/Human war, I want to see some non-mutants side with the X-Men and mutants, namely most of the Spiders and the Hulks (except Ross, he's vermin). Also, I would be down if Scarlet Witch be one of the major casualties in the war. It's past time the flatscans are knocked down a peg or a three thousand.
    Last edited by Wild Fang X; 09-24-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Hardly. A civil war between the mutants themselves is far more likely, should Xavier's actions take a darker tone. Or Magneto's actions, should Erik ever get tired of not icing flatscans for more than a week.
    Apocalypse is in the perfect position to take Krakoa, since the island would be more loyal to him.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Eva bell erarsed him.
    And she is one of the people who lead the rebirth. She could re-create him. Dun dun dun.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 09-19-2019 at 06:41 PM.

I hope not, I don't wanna see that again
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Has an encounter between the Scarlet Witch and the X-men ever gone well for the X-men?

BANNED

Schism 2.0
    Logan: This is not what X-men stand for chuck. I will kill you.
    Chuck: But I....
    Beast: I agree. I know. Becsuse I'm an avenger also an ally of Inhumans.
    Chuck: She never loved you, you know. Raven, she was afraid of you. You scared her.
    Logan : Screw you chuck. I'm opening a new school. R.D.S., in the name of Raven.
    Emma: Hahahaha.
    Scott: Emma!
    Jean, : Am I a joke to you?
    Beast: Not to me. Remember the kiss we shared on air?
    Jean(horrified): Lets get back together, phoenix.
    Kitty: Hey storm.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 09-19-2019 at 06:56 PM.

BANNED

Let's hope not.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I don’t think that he is and I would hate it if he was.
    agreed
    10char
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Short, final and only answer?
    No.

World War X? Great title but Moira had better die at the end of it to reverse everything... 'cause that would be taking the X-Men too far.
    Charles is going to sissy that walk across the globe.
    Attachment 87297
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Darkveil: yass house fathuh, sashayyy! Sashay that walk!
    Charles: Erik, honey, we just took northeastern US from the humans. We’re moving to Provincetown.
    While I'm preparing for the next episode of Dragula? Perfect timing!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The world vs the X-Men? Probably not. Wakanda vs the X-Men, maybe...
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member

I think it's gonna be most of the X-Men vs everyone else. Doesn't help that Apocalypse has brought a bunch of people who would happily side with him, many of whom have some defenses against Xavier.

And there are bound to be dissenters among the mutants, so, yeah, this is going to get ugly.

BANNED

They could turn out to be marvels Amazon's who create a segregate culture and live separate from the marvel universe who cannot enter the land unless Krakoa grants permission thus forever out of humanities hair expect for occasional contact for diplomatic and trade reasons. Then again the rest of the X-MEN may wake up from Krakoa dream and see poccy and co. and the gift receives a sequel where ultimately they end up killing each other after waking from those powerful drugs they have been ingested by Krakoa. Cue soldiers and humans looting their place after Krakoa falls and spitting on their bodies.