Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Pretty sure this is leading to a civil war, not a Pax Utopia.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Pretty sure this is leading to a civil war, not a Pax Utopia.
    It'll be a Civil War and some of the anti-Krakoa mutants will probably try and go to the Avengers for help.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    link the source of this rumor.

Could it be your own earlier post, in which you offered it up as speculation? Because that's not a rumor.
    hahahaha you busted him.....

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is easy money big event no doubt but storywise Magneto and Xavier know mutants lose a fight against Marvel. I don't think Hickman that silly to forget a plot point that big. Now X-men is set up as nation and has Captains who are basically generals and they have a CIA so at some point the Mutants are going to fight someone but mutants and the new status quo are no way as antagonist as some fans think.
    I saw this Avatar and wondering when I posted in this thread. LOL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Has anybody heard of the rumor surrounding Marvels next big event "World War X" or should I say World War M which features all of the mutants on Krakoa taking on the rest of Marvel Earth ?.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Link the source of this rumor.

Could it be your own earlier post, in which you offered it up as speculation? Because that's not a rumor.

Reading both Powers and House of X suggests something along the lines of the mutants v the Marvel Universe; World War X.
    When you have Magneto, Apocalypse, the Hellfire club, Mister Sinister etc, etc it is only a matter of time before one of them twists the circumstances for their own benefit.
    I'm tipping this time next year some major **** is going to go down.
    Busted so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Busted so hard.
    Doh, not busted just forgot.
    I knew I had seen it before I'm just not as skilled as others at using the forums.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

I knew I had seen it before I'm just not as skilled as others at using the forums.
    You are forgiven for your faults my friend.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

But it was your own post?

Astonishing Member

No. There is no chance of it happening this side of 2021 (or whenever Marvel needs to cut off whatever reboot DC is planning at the legs) especially now that it’s Feige calling the shots instead of Ike (who’s probably use it to purge IPs that won’t benefit from the MCU anymore)

It’ll be st least a year before anything like that is ever at rumour stage

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    But it was your own post?
    I'm old, forgetting becomes easier each day :'(
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

I'm old, forgetting becomes easier each day :'(
    So you wrote a post saying what you wished would happen in the comics, forgot about it and then came back and created a rumour based on what you wanted forgetting where you had heard it, but the place you had heard it was in your own mind? Right...

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    We've see what happens when you tick off the Hulk and he declared WAR on the world thanks to Greg Pak...so is Jonathan Hickman building up the X-men so that the entire world would see what would happen if the X-men would declare WAR on the rest of the Marvel Universe if they're pushed backed enough ?
    They are building a new nation, they have other, better priorities than going to war with the rest of Earth.
    Unless another country or even several countries try to attack them, but then that wouldn't be a world war per se, would it?
    There's no Reason for a world war to happen objectively, but who knows.
    Maybe Magneto will get so high on his god complex that he will trigger a global attack, he's pulled that kind of stunt before. Maybe Apocalypse will. Really, who knows.

Avengers vs X-men would just look like a playground fight after this, right ?
    Dépends.
    I have no interest in seeing Ultimatum being transposed to 616, and that would be the kind of carnage topping AvX.

As fans of the X-men: What do you think of this ?
    Personally, I have no interest into seeing heroes warring each other AGAIN, especially with some sort of racial supremacy aspect playing into the background.
    I Don't doubt there are some posters who will enjoy the slaughtering of either "flatscans" or "muties", or both, but I'm not part of that crowd.

Especially considering the events of how the X-men are coming back to life THIS TIME AROUND ?
    That's a non-issue.
    The moment the data centers they use for storing their mind copies around the world are discovered - and in such a scenario, it would - they'll become exposed and vulnerable, the same way than anyone else.
    That's their sole strategic advantage imo.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    No. There is no chance of it happening this side of 2021 (or whenever Marvel needs to cut off whatever reboot DC is planning at the legs) especially now that it’s Feige calling the shots instead of Ike (who’s probably use it to purge IPs that won’t benefit from the MCU anymore)

It’ll be st least a year before anything like that is ever at rumour stage
    Why would Fiege be against this? And this is Hickman we're talking about. If he's going to do it, then he already has it planned.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Why would Fiege be against this? And this is Hickman we're talking about. If he's going to do it, then he already has it planned.
    What I mean is that if Feige OK’s it it will be because it’s where it naturally occurs in Hickman’s story (with the caveat the other editors/writers are unlikely to line their guys up for a firing squad). If it was Ike he’d force Hickman into the event ahead of schedule with the aim of having the X-Men crush whichever IPs/Characters have finished their use re the MCU

Mighty Member

I do feel it's building up (slowly) to mutants taking on the planet. Maybe the only way for mutants to win is by taking o the role of the sentinels but against humans. By that point, the good mutants will have been tricked by the bad ones and have zero control of the situation. Maybe the mutants win but eventually the heroes kill Moira, and hence her 11th life where the XMEN go back to "The Dream" of peaceful coexistence.