Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ross I'll give you, as the man is a hypocritical piece of s*** who just wanted to control the Hulk's power for himself all along, seeing how he betrayed the country he was supposed to serve and defend for the sake of obtaining something akin to that level of power. But Parker? Why single him out?
    As far as Parker is concerned: As much as I would like to see him stand alongside the mutants, but his childish mantra of "power and responsibility" and his ties to many of the same humans that either secretly or publicly despise mutants or say and do nothing regarding the troubles mutants face in society (looking at you, Rogers. Same with you, Barton) make me iffy about his commitment toward his mutant friends. Then there's his relationship with the FF in the current context regarding HoX to consider...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    When did Hickman do a Cap vs Tony story?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Remember when they both died beating the ever loving **** out of each other before Secret Wars started?
    Times runs out.

Remember when they both died beating the ever loving **** out of each other before Secret Wars started?
    Honestly no...was it in his Avengers run?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    As far as Parker is concerned: As much as I would like to see him stand alongside the mutants, but his childish mantra of "power and responsibility" and his ties to many of the same humans that either secretly or publicly despise mutants or say and do nothing regarding the troubles mutants face in society (looking at you, Rogers. Same with you, Barton) make me iffy about his commitment toward his mutant friends. Then there's his relationship with the FF in the current context regarding HoX to consider...
    This just sounds like you're saying Peter can't side with the X-Men because they aren't the only people he interacts and is on friendly terms with, while his belief that people with the power to change the world for the better is also a problem for some reason.
    Yeah this still makes no sense, especially saying the other Spider characters would side with the X-Men, when Peter still has stronger ties to the X-Men while the other Spider characters connection to them is pretty much nonexistent.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    This just sounds like you're saying Peter can't side with the X-Men because they aren't the only people he interacts and is on friendly terms with, while his belief that people with the power to change the world for the better is also a problem for some reason.
    Yeah this still makes no sense, especially saying the other Spider characters would side with the X-Men, when Peter still has stronger ties to the X-Men while the other Spider characters connection to them is pretty much nonexistent.
    Interesting points. Can't say I fully agree, but I can at least see the reasoning. While Peter has had a number of friendships with members of the X-Men, and there was even an arc in the post-Clone Saga 90s comics where he defended a mutant student at ESU (Empire State University) from some Friends of Humanity s***heads, there is still a lot separating him in terms of worldview and perspective from the X-Men. "With great power, there must also come great responsibility" is a great ideal and principle, but of course that begs the question of to whom the greatest responsibility is held by those with the greatest power. Is it to oneself and one's own interests? One's own community alone or the larger society within which that community resides? And if the greater society around those individuals or communities with great power is fundamentally hostile and inimical to those individuals and communities, is it responsible to protect that society?

And yes, the X-Men do have the power to change the world for the better, which is what they've been trying to do all these years with no success, in part because of the resistance and opposition from that world, though maybe also because they held themselves back out of fear of (further) jeopardizing the dream of peaceful coexistence with baseline humanity. Alas, the world all too often doesn't and won't change until it's forced to do so. That's what the X-Men have been pushed to now, forcing the world to change instead of passively hoping it will change if they do enough good deeds for it, which will likely be where the major clash of ideals and ideology begins between them and the rest of the superhero community, Spider-Man likely included.

Oh, and I look forward to his reaction to the X-Men's method of transcending life and death, especially given how he called out Ben Reilly as the Jackal for attempting to do the same thing through advanced cloning technology back in The Clone Conspiracy. I could see Magneto's or Xavier's response being along the lines of, "Playing God? No. All this time, we've been playing human. No more."

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Honestly no...was it in his Avengers run?
    Yeah, the last issue or so of the Time Runs Out arc, right before Secret Wars started.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Reading both Powers and House of X suggests something along the lines of the mutants v the Marvel Universe; World War X.
    When you have Magneto, Apocalypse, the Hellfire club, Mister Sinister etc, etc it is only a matter of time before one of them twists the circumstances for their own benefit.
    I'm tipping this time next year some major **** is going to go down.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Default World War X

Has anybody heard of the rumor surrounding Marvels next big event "World War X" or should I say World War M which features all of the mutants on Krakoa taking on the rest of Marvel Earth ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Only baseless speculation as far as I know.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, sort of hard to see how this isn't where things are heading.

It is easy money big event no doubt but storywise Magneto and Xavier know mutants lose a fight against Marvel. I don't think Hickman that silly to forget a plot point that big. Now X-men is set up as nation and has Captains who are basically generals and they have a CIA so at some point the Mutants are going to fight someone but mutants and the new status quo are no way as antagonist as some fans think.

There is a joke to be made here about someone making baseless speculation about the X-Men going on war against the world just because they made a nation.

Besides it would be dumb. Moira has already tried that in several of her lives and they all failed. She wouldn't let Xavier and Magneto try it again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    There is a joke to be made here about someone making baseless speculation about the X-Men going on war against the world just because they made a nation.

Besides it would be dumb. Moira has already tried that in several of her lives and they all failed. She wouldn't let Xavier and Magneto try it again.
    Yeah, not sure she really has a choice. Magneto and Xavier have already gone behind her back and done things she didn't agree with. That isn't going to stop.

BANNED

Link the source of this rumor.

Could it be your own earlier post, in which you offered it up as speculation? Because that's not a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Reading both Powers and House of X suggests something along the lines of the mutants v the Marvel Universe; World War X.
    When you have Magneto, Apocalypse, the Hellfire club, Mister Sinister etc, etc it is only a matter of time before one of them twists the circumstances for their own benefit.
    I'm tipping this time next year some major **** is going to go down.
    Last edited by powerpax; 10-29-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Yeah, not sure she really has a choice. Magneto and Xavier have already gone behind her back and done things she didn't agree with. That isn't going to stop.
    Even then. Xavier and Magneto aren't dumb either. Xavier saw all of Moira's lives. Including where Magneto went on a one-man rampage against the Marvel Heroes and similar. Going at war against the rest of the world sounds like a dummy-proof way to self-destruct.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Even then. Xavier and Magneto aren't dumb either. Xavier saw all of Moira's lives. Including where Magneto went on a one-man rampage against the Marvel Heroes and similar. Going at war against the rest of the world sounds like a dummy-proof way to self-destruct.
    Unless they come up with some epic "plan."

And it may be out of their hands, some mutant they didn't take into account may do something and make the situation impossible.