Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I'm calling it right now, based on all the clues, the pronouns, the tie-ins, the mysteries...Kindred is Harry Osborn. Hear me out:

- Kindred is referred to as a "him"
    - Kindred has intimate ties to Norman Osborn (the powerless line, the way he talks about him)
    - Kindred calls himself "kindred", as in he's got intimate ties with Peter and he keeps calling him "Pete"
    - Kindred wants to "protect" Mary Jane because Harry was in love with her once
    - Kindred taunts Mendel Stromm and kills him. Stromm has strong ties to Norman and Harry.
    - Kindred taunts and makes Kingpin bow to him. A power move, similar to what Norman wanted when he was the Goblin.
    - Harry was dead at the same time as Mysterio and was still dead when Mysterio was brought back
    - Harry and Mysterio have intimate ties, with Mysterio "faking" Harry's death for Norman. What if that was all a ruse?
    - Nick Spencer, throughout his current run on Spider-Man, has been fixing and bringing back prime continuity elements that were undone after 2008. Harry being brought back was one of the prime sticking points for fans after that year, because it negated the brilliance of J.M. DeMatteis's "Best of Enemies" arc. Harry hasn't been seen this entire run, but other characters like Norah, Carlie, JJJ, Aunt May, Randy, and more have been brought back.

The only question then, if I'm right, is who is the person walking around as Harry Osborn right now?

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I'm calling it right now, based on all the clues, the pronouns, the tie-ins, the mysteries...Kindred is Harry Osborn. Hear me out:

- Kindred has intimate ties to Norman Osborn (the powerless line, the way he talks about him)
    - Kindred calls himself "kindred", as in he's got intimate ties with Peter and he keeps calling him "Pete"
    - Kindred taunts Mendel Stromm and kills him. Stromm has strong ties to Norman and Harry.
    - Kindred taunts and makes Kingpin bow to him. A power move, similar to what Norman wanted when he was the Goblin.
    - Harry was dead at the same time as Mysterio and was still dead when Mysterio was brought back
    - Harry and Mysterio have intimate ties, with Mysterio "faking" Harry's death for Norman. What if that was all a ruse?
    - Nick Spencer, throughout his current run on Spider-Man, has been fixing and bringing back prime continuity elements that were undone after 2008. Harry being brought back was one of the prime sticking points for fans after that year, because it negated the brilliance of J.M. DeMatteis's "Best of Enemies" arc. Harry hasn't been seen this entire run, but other characters like Norah, Carlie, JJJ, Aunt May, Randy, and more have been brought back.

The only question then, if I'm right, is who is the person walking around as Harry Osborn right now?

Good guess but I still think Ezekiel due to his shared connection to the various Spider-people with Peter. Remember the scene in ASM 25 where he wants to meet Peter amongst “friends”? To Ezekiel they are all Spider totems like he and Peter are.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 09-20-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Another thing worth pointing out is that Kindred says that he knows what it's like "to live in another man's shadow" in issue#4, that's basicaly Harry's entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Good guess but I still think Ezekiel due to his shared connection to the various Spider-people with Peter. Remember the scene in ASM 25 where he wants to meet Peter amongst “friends”? To Ezekiel they are all Spider totems like he and Peter are.
    Good point, I do remember briefly wondering why there were only pictures of Spider-People in ASM#25...

Hm... Another possible Spider-Character would be Cassandra, but, when she died, Mysterio was back already, and it'd ignore how Kindred's called "he"...

In Ezekiel’s case the man he lived in the shadow of may be Peter himself since he always got the spotlight playing hero while Ezekiel was behind the scenes as a business man.

Also Kindred climbs on walls like a person with spider powers and entered Peters dream in ASM 24 like Ezekiel did in one of the JMS issues.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 09-20-2019 at 12:52 PM.

In Ezekiel’s case the man he lived in the shadow of may be Peter himself since he always got the spotlight playing hero while Ezekiel was behind the scenes as a business man.

Also Kindred climbs on walls like a person with spider powers and entered Peters dream in ASM 24 like Ezekiel did in one of the JMS issues.
    But the only thing is what's Ezekiel's motive?

But the only thing is what's Ezekiel's motive?
    In original sin, ASM #4 (vol 3), Ezekiel held Cindy Moon in his bunker to prevent The inheritors from sniffing her out. Peter broke into the bunker and freed Cindy ignoring Ezekiel’s video feed warning him not to. This resulted in the deaths of countless Spiders across the multiverse, a catastrophe Ezekiel spent years trying to prevent. His motive would be revenge for what Peter did by freeing Cindy and allowing that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Kindred is Gwen, then that'll need a tie-in in Ghost-Spider. What's Gwen-65 going to think about Gwen-616 still being around? It'll make her feel awkward, to say the least.
    Indeed it'll be interesting to find out what 65 Gwen thinks of her counterpart, should our theory prove correct. The situation reminds me of when Anakin Skywalker's former Jedi apprentice Ahsoka Tano confronted Darth Vader in Star Wars Rebels - "Do you see what I've become, Ahsoka. What I did to myself because of them (the Jedi Council)." A very emotional encounter to say the least.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-20-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

There was a theory someone mentioned (Can't remember who it was on here) that suggested Kindred could be the part of Peters soul 'crying out in agony', Mephisto mentioned from OMD, as a result of the deal. It would fit the criteria... knows Fisk, Mysterio and hates Osborn... is worried about Peters friends and loved ones getting hurt... the talk from Kindred to Peter about 'facing the truth of what he did' (reference to OMD). I kinda lean to this... don't really think it's Gwen, Harry or anyone like that.

Not to mention that Peter was the one chosen to be the Spider-Totem, something Ezekiel tried to become his whole life.

Getting in someone's mind seems like one of his default powers though, since Kindred did get into Mysterio's mind during the court scene, so it's not something exclusive to Peter, but yeah, it could be a reference to Ezekiel too.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    There was a theory someone mentioned (Can't remember who it was on here) that suggested Kindred could be the part of Peters soul 'crying out in agony', Mephisto mentioned from OMD, as a result of the deal. It would fit the criteria... knows Fisk, Mysterio and hates Osborn... is worried about Peters friends and loved ones getting hurt... the talk from Kindred to Peter about 'facing the truth of what he did' (reference to OMD). I kinda lean to this... don't really think it's Gwen, Harry or anyone like that.
    Kindred also says he knows what's like to live in another man's shadow, don't think Peter really felt like that.

Fantastic Member

Maybe, unless that part of Peters soul was referring to living in Peters shadow.

I'll kind of requote myself here regarding my theory of Harry as Kindred:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Norman Osborn did, in fact, die at the end of ASM #122. How did he return to be the mastemind behind the Clone Saga, then? Because Mephisto altered history so that he didn't, as part of a deal he made with Harry during one of his more gobliny phases. So when Harry died in Spectacular 200, he wound up in hell. However, he spent the time climbing the hierarchy of hell and eventually was allowed out, with his memories of his 'death' suppressed. However, with Peter & Mary Jane's reuniting, those memories and purpose have returned...and now Kindred will keep them apart. Whatever it takes.

I'm not all in for another villain with some intimate connection to Peter. I feel it's been overdone in the movies.
    I guess we'll probably not find out in the near future. it's issue #30 now, right? So, what, maybe issue #50 when the revelation happens? Or not.

Chameleon? Stunner? 5 mole men in a trench coat?
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

I'm calling it right now, based on all the clues, the pronouns, the tie-ins, the mysteries...Kindred is Harry Osborn....
    I'd be okay with this if for no other reason than it would restore the currently questionable canonicity of Spectacular #200. SSM #200 is one of the greatest Spidey stories of all time, bar none, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

His clone.