Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Kindred is too funny to be Harry Waves. Maybe it's James Franco upset that Marvel Comics never adopted his hair.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

If it's Harry and clones are involved goblin invasion is in the cards or the maximum Osbornes.

Spectacular Member

Question, has Kindred shown to be active before the events of Amazing #801? Because otherwise it could be a demonic possessed Flash, but Harry is the most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    Question, has Kindred shown to be active before the events of Amazing #801? Because otherwise it could be a demonic possessed Flash, but Harry is the most likely.
    Yes: according to Marvel's fandom page, his first mention goes as far back as "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #11", when Mysterio originally came back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Yes: according to Marvel's fandom page, his first mention goes as far back as "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #11", when Mysterio originally came back.
    That’s an example of retroactive fitting; Spencer picking up a seed that PAD never knew he planted. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. But it is a happy coincidence. Incidentally that’s a very underrated Mysterio story.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    That’s an example of retroactive fitting; Spencer picking up a seed that PAD never knew he planted. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. But it is a happy coincidence. Incidentally that’s a very underrated Mysterio story.
    Indeed it is! You're right about that. Despite PAD not knowing what seed he planted, Kindred has been active and powered way before OMD and definitely before #801 (and Flash was alive when Mysterio was brought back).

Harry has been weirdly absent these past 29 issues. We are definitely missing some key moments with him.
    1. A scene with Harry learning Pete and Mary Jane are back together
    2. A scene with Harry being involved with this whole Carnage/Normie thing.
    3. A scene where Harry FREAKING LEARNS PETER IS SPIDER-MAN (Normie knows so how can Harry not know, I feel so robbed).

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    His clone.
    If there are 2 Harrys running around it would explain why Norman doesn't care about Stanley at all (not his *real* grandson).
    But Norman did try to save Harry from that Silver Sable assassination thing.
    Not that Norman is consistent.

Damn those preview panels look good. Can’t wait. Just when I think I have Kindred figured out Spencer manages to throw another wrench in it. I’m really hoping it isn’t Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    He was the one who resurrected Mysterio, that goes all the way back in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man#11, in the first volume, but hasn't done anything between that and Spencer's run, so Flash is unlikely.

I loved how the issue was simple in content, yet extremely effective in execution.

Ryan Ottley finally gets to let loose with Invincible-levels of violence and oh man its glourious.

And I really liked Kindred's monologue at the end which essentially explains why after everything that's happened and everyone who's entered Peter's life, why Norman stands above them all as a villain and a threat. No matter if he never kills him, he's already scarred him, and everyone in his friends circle, for life. There's this theme of nightmares and memories that have been permeating throughout this whole run, so this idea that Norman is like nightmare incarnate, and Kindred is trying to adopt that moniker, is a really smart take.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I loved how the issue was simple in content, yet extremely effective in execution.

Ryan Ottley finally gets to let loose with Invincible-levels of violence and oh man its glourious.

And I really liked Kindred's monologue at the end which essentially explains why after everything that's happened and everyone who's entered Peter's life, why Norman stands above them all as a villain and a threat. No matter if he never kills him, he's already scarred him, and everyone in his friends circle, for life. There's this theme of nightmares and memories that have been permeating throughout this whole run, so this idea that Norman is like nightmare incarnate, and Kindred is trying to adopt that moniker, is a really smart take.
    I know!!! This issue was so freaking good!! The intensity, the fight (oh my goodness that fight was epic! I've so missed solid Spider-Man fights!), the monologue!

Me (Young): I don't mind when Ottley's off the book.

Me (Now): D-Daddy... I missed you...
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Me (Young): I don't mind when Ottley's off the book.

Me (Now): D-Daddy... I missed you...
    "It's been 84 years..."
    But seriously, when he's on the book, he's freaking on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    "It's been 84 years..."
    But seriously, when he's on the book, he's freaking on the book.
    yup I only wish he was there more
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yup I only wish he was there more
    I guess it depends on certain storylines with him. For instance, he's not doing 2099 (that's Pat Gleason and Oscar Bazaldua), but he may come back after that. The thing is that the original plan seemed to allow for swapping out artists per arc, which I was fine with, but then he wouldn't get tagged in. I think he could do this book entirely solo if they asked him too. But they have to give it to him.