Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I guess it depends on certain storylines with him. For instance, he's not doing 2099 (that's Pat Gleason and Oscar Bazaldua), but he may come back after that. The thing is that the original plan seemed to allow for swapping out artists per arc, which I was fine with, but then he wouldn't get tagged in. I think he could do this book entirely solo if they asked him too. But they have to give it to him.
    as long as he does the major story lines im ok like for hunted I felt like as the first major Spencer Event he should've drawn it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    as long as he does the major story lines im ok like for hunted I felt like as the first major Spencer Event he should've drawn it
    Ah, but Ramos was a Spider-Man veteran. He had the bandwidth, the experience, and the time to draw it. Not saying Ottley doesn't have experience (I loved his work on Invincible and this title), but Ramos was bowing out, so they gave him the big story to finish out his Spidey tenure.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Norman comes within a hair's breath of killing Peter and doesn't even know that he's doing it.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Man, this issue was great. Love the cutting in between things contrasting the past and why Osborn is such a threat. Lots of intriguing dialogue from Kindred. The kind of action here Ottley was born to draw.

BANNED

Emily Osborn..............

I was thinking this issue would be weak since it's a tie in, and I kinda don't care much about those, but man, feels good to be wrong.

Honestly, thinking of it, while there were some issues I didn't care much for, I don't think Spencer's run had any issue I would call mediocre, at worst just average.

BANNED

Good issue. The fact that Spencer does such a good job explaining why Osborn and the Goblin are Spidey's #1 arch enemy makes me think he's got a Goblin story planned down the line. As for Kindred, as I'm sure others have noted, Harry's such an obvious candidate - really the only one all the clues are explicitly pointing to - that it can't be him. It's a clear misdirect. As for who it really is, I've got nothing. I don't think it's Gwen. I don't think it's Flash (although having Spidey's #1 fan become part of his rogue's gallery would be a neat twist) and I don't think it's Harry. I'm loving the impenetrability of the mystery (unless it is Harry and Spencer has just been super obvious about it all along!) but I hope we don't have to wait too far into 2020 to get the reveal.

Won’t lie....I was scared for this issue because I absolutely hate tie ins. Boy I was wrong. The issue read pretty fast though. It was short, sweet, intense and dark through out. It does a fantastic job of solidifying the fact that Norman has scarred Peter for life. Regardless of what happens, those scars will never heal.

As far as Kindred goes, I feel as if Spencer almost made it too obvious that it was Harry in this issue. It’s like so blatant and I don’t think Spencer would do that. I’m hoping this Kindred angle gets wrapped up soon. I would hate for it to go deep into 2020. I just don’t have the patience for these long slow reveals. Paranoid that the payoff won’t be worth it. Hopefully I’m wrong and Spencer knocks it out of the park.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Good issue. The fact that Spencer does such a good job explaining why Osborn and the Goblin are Spidey's #1 arch enemy makes me think he's got a Goblin story planned down the line. As for Kindred, as I'm sure others have noted, Harry's such an obvious candidate - really the only one all the clues are explicitly pointing to - that it can't be him. It's a clear misdirect. As for who it really is, I've got nothing. I don't think it's Gwen. I don't think it's Flash (although having Spidey's #1 fan become part of his rogue's gallery would be a neat twist) and I don't think it's Harry. I'm loving the impenetrability of the mystery (unless it is Harry and Spencer has just been super obvious about it all along!) but I hope we don't have to wait too far into 2020 to get the reveal.
    Kindred=Emily Osborn...

symbiotes ruin everything

Here's my thinking: if Spencer is writing Norman Osborn as the true, #1 archenemy of Peter Parker/Spider-Man (which this issue proved), then what is Kindred? He's clearly not the true archenemy, so does that make him more...friend??? What exactly will he do?

Mighty Member

Here's my thinking: if Spencer is writing Norman Osborn as the true, #1 archenemy of Peter Parker/Spider-Man (which this issue proved), then what is Kindred? He's clearly not the true archenemy, so does that make him more...friend??? What exactly will he do?
    This is a mildly meta response, but it's Kindred that believes Norman is enemy #1. While it's quite possible Spencer believes that as well, it may speak more to Kindred's point of view than anything else. Kindred being any of Stromm, Harry, Gwen, Baby May, Emily Osborn, Captain Stacy, time traveling Normie Osborn, or Norman's evil-er twin Gorman* would be pretty biased about Norman's malevolence and place in the spider-foe rankings.

As to what Kindred is/will be, he's clearly not good, and he's not really a friend in the traditional sense. He could be like Hunter Zolomon to Wally West - a brain-addled super powered person who thinks his role in life is to make the hero better; he could be a crazy stalker like Venom was initially; he could be a heroic person driven mad by his time in Hell (which would be kind of like Ben in CC). I'm kind of inclined to think he's the first one - he's intending to test Peter to make him better and capable of dealing with some upcoming calamity**. That kind of idea would tie in thematically with the initial arc where Peter was split and had to make himself whole, Kraven's obsession in Hunted, and Peter trying to undo and/or take responsibility for some of his many mistakes.

*I made that one up. I hope it doesn't turn out to be the real answer

**We're getting to the point if there isn't a 2020 Mephisto event then Marvel is just wasting our time with all his appearances
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

BANNED

Spencer might be writing from a position of humility so as not to claim that Kindred will be Spider-Man's archenemy despite being a new guy.

BANE and HUSH were introduced as "I am your greatest enemy" and eventually became jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Spencer might be writing from a position of humility so as not to claim that Kindred will be Spider-Man's archenemy despite being a new guy.

BANE and HUSH were introduced as "I am your greatest enemy" and eventually became jokes.
    Um, since when is Bane a joke? Lol

BANNED

Um, since when is Bane a joke? Lol
    Bane became a joke for the longest time after Knightfall was over. It ended around the time of Tom Hardy's performance in TDKR which brought a lot of respect for the character.