THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Possible Superman/Legion of Super-Heroes crossover coming?

You guys remember that strange vision thing Zod has in issue #5 of Superman, and how Clark has a similar one in issue #9? Also remember how they both kind of end with what is clearly a version of the Legion showing up and killing everyone? Well, the end of the Unity Saga and this tweet from Bendis https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...95755527053313 kind of got me thinking how much he's planned for all of this, and where he may take it.

At first I thought both visions were of the same timeline. Like, Zod and Clark getting bits from the same possible future, but I looked a little closer and I realized that there are distinct differences that make it impossible or at least unlikely for those to be possible futures for our Superman's timeline, and not only that, but they are likely not even the same timeline as one another.

For one, Jon is a child in the vision Zod has, and the Kandorians are not just alive, but also regrown.

Then in issue #9 we see that Clark and Lois have an unnamed and rather grown daughter. Jon seems to be somewhere in his 20s in the vision (he's "too old to be grounded" as its put), and the daughter doesn't seem to be too far behind. If she were born now in our timeline, then she'd be 10 at best.

Also, obviously everyone dies two different times in the visions.

But, interestingly enough, in both visions Houses El and Zod seem to be discussing peace just before they are attacked. So that leads me to wonder if the joining factor between these two timelines and our own is the moment when House El and Zod come together?

I wonder if we'll see more similarities between the timelines and our own, and if we'll see more timelines in general. And the obvious connection to the Legion is more than likely to lead to a big crossover.

The whole thing seems like it's gonna be enormous. I hope it's an event book like Leviathan is, and he uses Superman and Legion as tie-ins. Along with the president Superman stuff and Clark going public, I think this could be a great shot in the arm and build back up the momentum that the run has kind of expelled by finishing its points so far.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 09-29-2019 at 04:00 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I just saw those visions as potential futures that were destroyed by the legion coming back to the past and interfering. In a solicit it said legion is keeping something from jon. It could be how they screwed up.