Extraordinary Member

Default So, Is Wally West's time as Flash...back in canon??

I was gonna put this in the discussion thread for the issue itself but felt it was a big enough side-issue, it deserves its own thread. So, in Flash Forward #1, Wally talks a lot about how he put a lot of the criminals in Blackgate there. Then, when we see them, the criminals actually turn out to be a lot of familiar faces from Wally's time as the Flash: Double Down, Murmur, and Girder. These are guys that first popped up in Geoff Johns's original Flash run and they all know Wally as the guy who apparently apprehended them.

So, does that mean Wally West's time as the Flash (or at least a semblance of it) is back on the books??

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I believe so, but with holes in it. Unfortunately for Wally, one of those gaps was his wife and children.

Didn't Justice League recently confirm that Barry died during the original Crisis?

It felt like DC was going to try and bring back Wally's Flash tenure originally until they completely derailed and ignored his character arc, so now it just feels thrown in there at the last minute just 'cuz.

Who knows. I don't think they really thought about it, and i think the creators just threw them in there just for the sake of throwing them in there.