Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 10 Most Evil X-Men Villains

Do you agree with WhatCulture Comics' list? Who's the top most evil X-Men villain in your opinion? Did the butchering of a certain character's name bother you too?

Selene should have been no1 in my view. Plus I was disappointed that there was no Inhumans (especially Black Bolt and Medusa) on the list.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

BANNED

He butchered Emma Frost. Emma as a villain was just plain nasty. There was no hint of goodness in her during the CC original run. I LOVED villain Emma.

The most evil X-villain is a toss up between Shadow King and Selene. I'll go with Shadow King. So, here is my list:Willi

1) Shadow King
    2) Selene
    3) Belasco
    4) Mr. Sinister
    5) William Stryker
    6) Apocalypse
    7) Cassandra Nova
    8) Mojo
    9) Stryfe
    10) Emma Frost

Apocalypse is way too high, he might be the most important of the evil villains but his survival of the fittest thing can often be used to defeat him with logic. This is possible because he wants things, has a vision for the future that he tries to accomplish through evil acts. He doesn't purely subsist on contempt alone like Stryfe or Mystique.

Not bad.

The commenter actually gave a decent mini-history on most of the villains and why they would be considered one of the more amoral of the X-Men's rogues gallery.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I think that Apocalypse is too high, and the lack of Mystique, Emma, and Sabretooth confounds me. If we are saying these are the evilest of the evils, my list would probably look more like this:

1) Selene
    2) Shadow King
    3) Cassandra Nova
    4) Mr. Sinister and the Marauders
    5) Sabretooth
    6) Mystique
    7) The Purifiers / Bastion / Nimrod
    8) The Goblyn Queen
    9) Cameron Hodge
    10) Emma Frost

Apocalypse is evil, but I don't think he's nearly as bad as those I listed above. He'd be 11. I don't think Pierce and the Reavers live up to some of these others. They would be like 12. Mojo, Magneto, Belasco, the Hellfire Club, the Dark Riders are vilains but I don't think they have done as much "evil" as these have.

There are a lot of "good" evil villains, so choosing 10 is very hard!

What is the criteria for determining this? Most appearances, most people killed, uber-powerful threat for destruction?

In no particular order, I think Shadow King, Magneto, Sentinels, Hellfire Club, Cassandra Nova, Mr. Sinister, Count Nefaria, Krakoa, Apocalypse, and Onslaught have all proved to be major threat to the X and the world.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

There are danger several levels right?

Thread level to the Universe our whole dimension have only been two so far: TOnslaught and Apocalypse. So I count those as the biggest dangers.

Threat to the planet: Phalanx and maybe even Mr. Sinister

The who threaten mutants as a whole, were Cassandra Nova, Marauders, Bastion/Nimrod, Sentinels and several humans, most notable Graydon Creed and William Stryker.

Threat to the X-men and their allies: Selene, Acolytes, Shadowking, Savage Land Mutates etc
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Thread level to the Universe our whole dimension have only been two so far: TOnslaught and Apocalypse. So I count those as the biggest dangers.

The who threaten mutants as a whole, were Cassandra Nova, Marauders, Bastion/Nimrod, Sentinels and several humans, most notable Graydon Creed and William Stryker.

Threat to the X-men and their allies: Selene, Acolytes, Shadowking, Savage Land Mutates etc
    When has Apocalypse ever been a universal threat?

If we're talking threat level, Madelyne Pryor, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and the Living Monolith have as much claim to first place as Apocalypse, on his own Apocalypse is no reality warper. Cassandra Nova is at least a galaxy level threat all on her own.

BANNED

I think you're underselling Selene, especially when she's at full power.

BANNED

I thought #1 would be Sinister.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    If we're talking threat level, Madelyne Pryor, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and the Living Monolith have as much claim to first place as Apocalypse, on his own Apocalypse is no reality warper. Cassandra Nova is at least a galaxy level threat all on her own.

Cassandra Nova? Lol..she isn't no damn universal threat..one of the funniest things I've ever heard. I'm shocked she didn't turn out to be a sidekick for Sinister in the end.

In terms of scare factor,I'd put Cassandra on top any day,followed by Madelyne.

Bastion should have made the list instead of Pierce,IMO.

I can't believe that dirty, Inhuman-killing mutie Emma Frost wasn't #1. jk

But Cassandra should easily be number one. I mean, what has Apocalypse done that was sooooo horrible.

10) Medusa (yes. i'm serious.) (alternatively, the Royal Family)
    9) Mastermind
    8) Apocalypse
    7) Selene
    6) William Stryker
    5) Bastion
    4) Shadow King
    3) Mr Sinister
    2) Onslaught
    1) Cassandra Nova

(Honorable mentions: Sabretooth, Bolivar Trask, Sebastian Shaw, Clan Akkaba in general, and Proteus)