Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

The only ones who call this "resurrection" are Charles and Magneto and they have something to sell by calling it that. This process has to work and be percieved to be what they want it to be or else this all falls apart.

So, yeah, I really don't trust that they are really giving souls to these clones, especially when the memories are treated more like backups.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But if that's the case then Scott been dead so does it matter. He died dur to the gas so whatever cable brought back with the Phoenix shard isn't Scott anyway since that consciousness already left that body. Storm and the seige perilus group are dead because though they were resurrected their consciousness had to leave their bodies even for 10 minutes. Nightcrawler is a fake. Colossus died so he must be a fake to, the real Colossus died from the legacy virus. Jean died when she reconstructed herself. Mr. Immortal must have like a thousand consciousnesses out there somewhere. Xavier been dead for decades. Everybody's dead and nothing is original.
    Not every resurrection through cosmic/mystic goobly goo is the same as this because those are vague made up things while the concept of copying something onto a machine and downloading it is real and we know exactly what it is. Now gimme that sweet, sexy buT everYone dIed iN secRet wArs.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

The New Mutants were killed in Secret Wars II and were regrown in pods.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Not every resurrection through cosmic/mystic goobly goo is the same as this because those are vague made up things while the concept of copying something onto a machine and downloading it is real and we know exactly what it is. Now gimme that sweet, sexy buT everYone dIed iN secRet wArs.
    Maybe their backups are sleeping in the astral plane with fantomex watching over them. Lol. And yes secret wars no one is real. Am I even reading a real comic? Am I real?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I did a video on this a year or two ago...i think when i was reviewing west world. We are our memories. That is the old arguement of nature vs nurture. In this case BOTH nature (physical copy of body) and nurture (memories) are intact.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Souls are for the weak.

Accept your heathen mutant overlords.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    the blood sacrifice shooter needed to form tabby

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    they are CLONESSSSSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    I think the mind makes the person, not the body. Xavier "downloaded" the latest version of the character before they went on the mission. I just accept that it is still them. Scott even asked if they succeeded, so if he lost anything, it was just the mission stuff, which i can deal with
    To me that proves it’s just a copy. Original Scott knows what happened on that mission.

Just your daily reminder that since 2015, we’ve been reading about FAIRLY ODD CLONESSSS

>beyondbaby sucks up all the new mutant juice for the mixer
    >doesn't remove rahne's homophobia

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    To me that proves it’s just a copy. Original Scott knows what happened on that mission.
    but "original" Scott is not around anymore. So this is essentially the same guy, except he doesn't know what happened 20 minutes ago.

Incredible Member

I first have to say that I loved it, the issue was really good, extremely clever and made use of some great characters that nobody could have expected. From looking at this board I'm also not the only one who was moved by it (either love or hate, there are reactions either way). fascinating that it has thrown up so many interesting questions of cloning and ethics etc.

Here's one more: I think that something is being removed from the consciousness of each of the clones (or whatever we're calling them), because it's so obvious that Xavier is acting strangely that someone would at least question what's going on. I really wonder whether an essential part of them is being stripped when they are imprinted into the new body, and also whether there is some mild sort of control being exerted on those who haven't died, or maybe did die before Age of X-Man.

The whole Xavier thing is, obviously quite deliberately, very unsettling.

Wonder what everyone thinks of Madrox, whose dupes just appear out of nothing without even an egg.

Have none of them had a "soul"? (Did PAD dive into this during his runs?)