View Poll Results: Who is the "Old Nemesis" mentioned in the solicit?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainchild

2 4.55%
  • Garokk

8 18.18%
  • High Evolutionary

6 13.64%
  • Sauron

11 25.00%
  • Zaladane

15 34.09%
  • Other

2 4.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default LET'S PREDICT: Savage Land's "Old Nemesis" (Possible Spoilers?)

December's solicitation for X-MEN #3-4 reads:

EARTH’S MOST POWERFUL! CYCLOPS STORMS THE SAVAGE LAND!

The most powerful heroes of the dominant species on the planet, the X-Men rise to protect the world against any threat. From a new foe in the Savage Land to an old nemesis’ surprising return…
    So, we know the X-Men will be in the Savage Land and face both a new foe and an "old nemesis." Given the location, it seems likely the old nemesis will be a Savage Land inhabitant, but it could definitely be someone completely unrelated.

Who do YOU think will be the "old nemesis" mentioned in the solicit? Place your bets here!

For those of you not aware of any (or all, shame on you) of the characters in the poll:

BRAINCHILD - Former Swamp Man and lackey to other, more prominent Savage Land rulers. He's not often seen, but he has considered himself king of the Savage Land on a few occasions.

GAROKK - Otherwise known as the Petrified Man, Garokk is an avatar worshiped as a god on the Savage Land. He's fought the X-Men a few times, but he's not completely evil.

HIGH EVOLUTIONARY - Ruled the Savage Land for a time, but is often associated with other Marvel properties; not just X-Men.

SAURON - Most prominent of the Savage Land baddies... you know him well. But is he really an "old" Nemesis since he was just seen not very long ago?

ZALADANE - High Priestess of the Sun People, summoner of Garokk, servant of the High Evolutionary, and eventual Empress of the Savage Land herself! She's also Polaris's half-sister. Last seen killed by Magneto after he saw too much of himself in her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    BRAINCHILD - Former Swamp Man and lackey to other, more prominent Savage Land rulers. He's not often seen, but he has considered himself king of the Savage Land on a few occasions.

GAROKK - Otherwise known as the Petrified Man, Garokk is an avatar worshiped as a god on the Savage Land. He's fought the X-Men a few times, but he's not completely evil.

HIGH EVOLUTIONARY - Ruled the Savage Land for a time, but is often associated with other Marvel properties; not just X-Men.

SAURON - Most prominent of the Savage Land baddies... you know him well. But is he really an "old" Nemesis since he was just seen not very long ago?

ZALADANE - High Priestess of the Sun People, summoner of Garokk, servant of the High Evolutionary, and eventual Empress of the Savage Land herself! She's also Polaris's half-sister. Last seen killed by Magneto after he saw too much of himself in her.
    I voted garokk i would love though for it to be Zaladane...i fear it is just saurian
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

BANNED

I am all in on Zaladane, given Hickman's love of weird continuity fixes and ongoing use of Polaris.

I voted Sauron for no other reason than he is my favorite out of the options

It is probably Garrokk, though I really really hope it would be Zaladane. He was just awesome and lasted way to short.

She's also Lorna's sister right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    It is probably Garrokk, though I really really hope it would be Zaladane. He was just awesome and lasted way to short.

She's also Lorna's sister right?
    Did not Garrokk come back and even reddem himself at some point? In a really obscure comic?
    I am rooting for Zala Dane anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Living Monolith.

Sometimes I legitimately wonder if Zaladane is a real character or a shared fever dream.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Comic Geek in General

Sauron.......he hasn’t mixed it up with the main X Teams in a while (maybe they’ll explain how his mind mended after Lyko’s Mental “Death” in X-Men Unlimited 6 all those years ago).......

That and he’s the most recognizable of the Savage Land enemies (I do wonder if Conan and Ka-Zar and Shanna would appear)

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Sauron.......he hasn’t mixed it up with the main X Teams in a while (maybe they’ll explain how his mind mended after Lyko’s Mental “Death” in X-Men Unlimited 6 all those years ago).......

That and he’s the most recognizable of the Savage Land enemies (I do wonder if Conan and Ka-Zar and Shanna would appear)
    Sauron has been all over the place. last time i saw him he was playing cards with Hairbag in an issue of Weapon X. before that, he had gotten ahold of a cosmic cube fragment during Secret Empire.

BANNED

Thanos lol

No love for Brainchild? His TAS voice is forever imprinted in my mind.

This poll begs the question: what's your favorite Zaladane outfit?

I think it is the High Evolutuonary. I don´t think he is too fond of mutants and of mutant domination.. didn´t he create the Scarlet Witch as a mass (mutant) destruction weapon?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

I would guess Zaladane. Didn't Hickman say his favorite X-book story was UNCANNY X-MEN #274-#275? So, how is she back? She was using a lot of old equipment from Karl Lykos to the Inhuman/Deviant Maelstrom, when she attacked and captured Magneto in that story. She could have found a way to revive herself; doesn't need to be a Gold Balls/Ball-Head Xavier pod/clone/copy.

Also, is she Magneto's daughter or not? She could be related to Polaris (a half sister) without being Magneto's daughter. She could be a daughter of Magneto without being related to Susanna Dane (Lorna's mother).