Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Should Bloodwraith be included even though he and the Knight share the same sword?

As the fight continues, probably everybody without superhuman toughness or heavy armor will be gone. Taskmaster would potentially become a fearsome opponent the longer this fight goes on, but his lack of durability will cost him by now. There are probably some very powerful blades on the ground by now, but it seems unlikely that anybody will take the chance to switch to an unfamiliar weapon mid-fight. I think this might leave us with:

Fandral
    Valkyrie
    Ares
    Lady Sif
    Deadpool
    Blade
    Crusader
    Thundersword
    Gorgon (not the Inhuman)
    Silver Samurai II
    Balder
    Heimdall
    Gorr the Godslayer

Not sure where the fight goes from here. Maybe I have underrated some of the charaters, or overestimated some.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Should Bloodwraith be included even though he and the Knight share the same sword?
    That's a great question. The sword is unique, so theoretically only one of them can wield it in this fight. Dane is more closely associated with the Black Blade, but he did use that light saber thing for an extended period of time. I assume that a normal Rumble between Black Knight and Bloodwraith would allow both of them to wield Black Blades, so Bloodwraith would probably be a heavy contender in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    As the fight continues, probably everybody without superhuman toughness or heavy armor will be gone. Taskmaster would potentially become a fearsome opponent the longer this fight goes on, but his lack of durability will cost him by now. There are probably some very powerful blades on the ground by now, but it seems unlikely that anybody will take the chance to switch to an unfamiliar weapon mid-fight. I think this might leave us with:

Fandral
    Valkyrie
    Ares
    Lady Sif
    Deadpool
    Blade
    Crusader
    Thundersword
    Gorgon (not the Inhuman)
    Silver Samurai II
    Balder
    Heimdall
    Gorr the Godslayer

Not sure where the fight goes from here. Maybe I have underrated some of the charaters, or overestimated some.
    Even taking his 'younger' self, Gorr is around Thor level. So unless there's a durability bypassing sword in play he'll just ignore/clean everyone else up.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Excalibur and the Ebony Sword seem the only swords with esoteric abilities which could give the godly beings pause. That aside Gorr does seem the eventual winner.

Nemesis has a sword with a monomolecular blade. Maybe easy to break, but capable of slicing through maybe anything. She lacks durability, but can fly and teleport, which is useful in a big ground melee. She could probably kill Gorr if she survives long enough to get to him.

What power level should we assume for Bloodwraith in this fight? At full power, he could pose a threat to even Gorr.

BANNED

Trouble is he would have to have access to innumerable souls to achieve the ultimate form he assumed in slokovia. Assuming he is able to achieve the form he may be the winner but anything less and I don't think he can prevail against a multiple pantheon assassinating Godly killing machine like Gorr who also will be creating his army of shadow berserkers who will likely overwhelm the opposition. Perhaps these two don't belong in a pure melee fight as they have too many esoteric abilities which puts them above the opposition.
    Last edited by Desmark; 09-23-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Trouble is he would have to have access to innumerable souls to achieve the ultimate form he assumed in slokovia. Assuming he is able to achieve the form he may be the winner but anything less and I don't think he can prevail against a multiple pantheon assassinating Godly killing machine like Gorr who also will be creating his army of shadow berserkers who will likely overwhelm the opposition. Perhaps these two don't belong in a pure melee fight as they have too many esoteric abilities which puts them above the opposition.
    Oh ... if we're talking THAT Gorr ? I can't say I'm too sanguine on the odds of anyone else surviving very long. He fought three Thor, simultaneously, in a sun until their fighting killed it. With the narration commenting on how the fight was fucking with reality, lol.

I think the narration is a bit of nonsensical fluff myself, but I'm not liking the odds of anyone else touching him. You'd need full power Bloodwraith to even stand a chance I figure.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Assuming he DOES fall at some point however, whoever picks up the Necrosword will essentially become the next 'Gorr'. No special requirements to wield it; even Thor, Galactus, and Ego the Living Planet used it for a time.

Arx Inosaan

I had the impression that Gorr was more like a super-powered Elric of Melnibone. If he is fighting gods inside a sun, that sounds more like he is a cosmic being that would be excluded from this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I had the impression that Gorr was more like a super-powered Elric of Melnibone. If he is fighting gods inside a sun, that sounds more like he is a cosmic being that would be excluded from this fight.
    He got to that point during the fight after killing/absorbing a ton of Gods. Which is why I was using base Gorr, who wasn't anywhere near as powerful.

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

The Necrosword can kill a celestial so I think it's a cosmic weapon transforming the holder into a comparable cosmic being so perhaps Gorr shouldn't be included due to the no cosmics caveat

The Necrosword can kill a celestial so I think it's a cosmic weapon transforming the holder into a comparable cosmic being so perhaps Gorr shouldn't be included due to the no cosmics caveat
    It augments a holder based on their pre-existing level, IIRC. Gorr had no power at all before he found the weapon, then became a threat to a Younger Thor after some time/god-killing.

Then he breached Cosmic levels once his shadow berserker sword constructs started slaughtering gods to power him up further.

If we use /base/ Gorr, should be fine.

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Bloodwraith in his base form is quite significantly less powerful and may fit though he does have the telekinetic control over the Ebony Blade.(He can't use it offensively though so maybe he isn't disqualified.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It augments a holder based on their pre-existing level, IIRC. Gorr had no power at all before he found the weapon, then became a threat to a Younger Thor after some time/god-killing.

Then he breached Cosmic levels once his shadow berserker sword constructs started slaughtering gods to power him up further.

If we use /base/ Gorr, should be fine.
    Oh! Then he could be accommodated after all. It's up to Shellhead of course whether to include him or not though as it's his thread after all.
    Last edited by Desmark; 09-23-2019 at 10:34 AM.