Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah, Red Shift.

Hard to think of someone who can outdo him.
    Surtur.

/limit
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I assume we’re including Surtur under the ‘cosmic beings’ heading...? Because he’s not technically cosmic, but he would make Red Shift look like a lightweight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Surtur.

/limit
    And this is what I get for stopping mid-post to acknowledge the existence of my wife.

What about Crusader (the Thor villain, not the Skrull with the Freedom Ring) or Thundersword (from Secret Wars II)?

Or Spiral from Freedom Force?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    So Wolverine giving-middle-finger modus operandi, count ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Many artists don't depict Wolverine's claws as blades. They have sharp points but not sharp edges like a blade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Even if that were true, wouldn't your own inclusion of foil (at least in it's principle use) contradict that disqualification then?

Not trying to cause trouble or anything, just genuinely curious how this plays out, and where lines are drawn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Good point, a foil also lacks a blade. Let's exclude both foils and Wolverine's claws on that basis.

Nemesis (from the pages of Alpha Flight) is an interesting participant for this battle, because she has a monomolecular blade that can cut through maybe anything.
    I mean, Wolverine is also a highly skilled swordsman, who has at least one magical, anti-healing-factor katana.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Or Spiral from Freedom Force?
    Good call on Spiral. And Crusader and Thundersword. I was pondering Crusader earlier, but could only remember his appearance and not his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Won't Fandral, Sif and Valkyrie have a unusually strong advantage over the other normal human swordsmen? Normal melee attacks won't affect them much and ultimately they would clean up the rest.
    And Ares, while we're at it. But I think there are others who might present a threat in this fight. Devil-Slayer and Silver Samurai can both teleport. Silver Samurai has that tachyon field that lets him cut through almost anything with his sword, except for adamantium. Nemesis might even be able to slice up adamantium, and both Black Knight and Magik should do well against gods like Fandral or Sif. Arabian Knight has a magic sword.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I mean, Wolverine is also a highly skilled swordsman, who has at least one magical, anti-healing-factor katana.
    I realize that Wolverine has skill with a katana, but it's a stretch to call it his standard equipment. Nightcrawler is also handy with a sword, but it's not standard equipment.

There's that Gorgon guy. Not the inhuman, the mutant with various magic swords and the gaze that turns people to stone and blahblah various things. Also he's a garbage character, but he'd qualify.

Also there's the new Silver Samurai, who has power armor and energy swords and various tech and nanite nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean Magik is as well.

IIRC, she killed Dormammu. Though that might be me mixing things up.
    Magik killed Dormammu, but it required a lot of asterisks and was even then about as extreme an outlier as it gets.

Balder the Brave's primary weapon is a sword at that.

Technically, King Arthur exists in Marvel.

BANNED

If we take into account the mini series 'Legacy of Doom' featuring doctor doom and iron man as standard for Excalibur's feats then King Arthur wieldiing the Excalibur is invincible and the inevitable winner here.
    Last edited by Desmark; 09-21-2019 at 10:16 AM.