Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Justice Society of America.

Disregard anything that happened during the whole "Earth 2" run. Keep the team as their mid-40's lineup and have them get dropped into the middle of the current DCU timeline once Doomsday Clock ends; something about not being able to return to the past once it's over.

There's plenty of character work to move through as "people out of time" adjusting to modern life, coming into contact with descendants of their former enemies, etc.

It would be an interesting dynamic of the "good ol' days" superheroics of the JSA versus the modern JLA.

- Restart the Superman title to Rebirth settings and try this expanded Universe **** again because this first attempt has been a lot of poorly executed good ideas and terribly executed bad ideas.

- Return the NTT to their former glory the same way they tried to do with the original five. Only....you know...this time, don't **** them over halfway through. Cyborg especially needs to be back in the fold. He can stay with the Justice League but his time as a Titan and relationships he made with them needs to be brought back.

- Throw the current Teen Titans away. Let them finish whatever arc they got going on now because, honestly, its pretty good, and then disband this team. Try again. Keep Damian. Maybe Djinn and Crush too. But the rest gotta go. The writer can stay. But the dark, edgy "everyone's rebellious and don't trust anyone, not even each other!" **** needs to leave. I'd have to think about exactly why direction I'd go in but it wouldn't be what we have now.

- Either get Damian and Bruce to make up and be a team again like they were in Tomasi's run, or just have them realize they just don't work well together and have Damian become Dick's partner again. But he and Bruce won't be on bad terms or anything like that anymore. Frankly I'm tired of how estranged and uncaring the Batfam has been lately.

- Make Maya Ducard matter to more than just Damian (and she doesn't even seem to matter to him anymore). Put her on the Teen Titans or Birds of Prey. Make her an official member of the Batfamily, maybe even someone who trains under Bruce. Give her and Kathy a miniseries. Anything to make this character do something aside from babysitting the bizarro boys.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    I agree with everything you said, but I don't quite understand what you mean by "no fictional cities." Are you saying you don't want places like Gotham to exist at all or should that at least be an exception?
    I was referring to the Vertigo-verse.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am ok with everything except for superman not having kids. What's the point of just a married superman? There was an era full of it. If damian is allowed then jon should be there.i also hate jason being dead. Jason is my favourite batcharacter out there except for dick to me. Will the genisis be the main earth?if it is. It not going to work out. They won't put out stories for other earths that frequently. As long as the main earth concept exists other earths will always play second fiddle.
    I just don't buy the idea of a Superman making a child with a human woman. It just doesn't fly with me. That's my personal preference. I also find it kind of a distraction. Jason would still be Red Hood. I'm talking about keeping well known stories in general. Such as Death in the Family. The more popular stories would be kept. Some obscure story no one remembers from 1995, for instance, not so much. And, no, they're not supposed to put out stories for other Earths. That's just so that people don't feel like they wasted all their money buying books that are no longer canon. Everyone's favorite version is still out there somewhere.
    Assassinate Putin!

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The times when a Titans team should answer to the JL is if they're carrying out a mission for them OR a black ops team that answers to the JL(see the YJ cartoon), if the roster is comprised of characters who actually need the supervision because of their pasts or if the team has literally gone off the rails(see Damian's TT). All of this can be done without making the JL look like hypocrites.
    Had that Abnett Titans arc happened at the beginning of the Nu52, where Dick was said to have not led a team, it might have made sense. It still would have been annoying, but the bits about Dick's leadership skills in regard to his friends might have made more sense. But it happened shortly after Batman and Robin Eternal, where Dick led an extended Batfamily against a world-threatening threat. That Titans arc made no sense in that context.

Donna Troy: Most ruined character of the nu52/Rebirth, following mind-numbing complications from post COIE...

1. Go back to her first origin, which was the one that resonated. Adopted amazon, and sister to Diana. Empowered by the Amazons.
    What ultimately screwed it up was Diana debuting after-the-fact in the post-COIE world. All they ever needed to do was have someone else besides Diana bring her to Themiscyra. Honestly, I'd be inclined to keep it someone else that brought Donna to the island. (Hera? Aphrodite? Another God of myth?).
    This way, any sliding timeline wouldn't be dependent on WHEN Diana brought her to the island. In any scenario Donna could debut shortly after Diana as Wonder Girl and in the same era as the Fab 5.

2. If Dr Manhatten does indeed undo some of his timeline manipulations by the end of Doomsday Clock, I'm hopeful that Donna's origin could be one of them.
    The new "created as an angry gob of clay to destroy the Amazons" origin is pretty universally hated. Nobody is going to miss it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    Had that Abnett Titans arc happened at the beginning of the Nu52, where Dick was said to have not led a team, it might have made sense. It still would have been annoying, but the bits about Dick's leadership skills in regard to his friends might have made more sense. But it happened shortly after Batman and Robin Eternal, where Dick led an extended Batfamily against a world-threatening threat. That Titans arc made no sense in that context.
    That Titans arc was bad writing all around. BB was going crazy because he was turning into a monster, Ms.Martian was a spy/handler for the JL, Raven eventually lost control of her powers and couldn't use them, Steel had no personality and was just there, Donna was a drunk and Dick became Ric despite having Ms. Martian and Raven as teammates(Raven still had her powers at the time).

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    That Titans arc was bad writing all around. BB was going crazy because he was turning into a monster, Ms.Martian was a spy/handler for the JL, Raven eventually lost control of her powers and couldn't use them, Steel had no personality and was just there, Donna was a drunk and Dick became Ric despite having Ms. Martian and Raven as teammates(Raven still had her powers at the time).
    That's a later Titans arc. I won't vouch for its quality, but it took place after what I was describing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Donna Troy: Most ruined character of the nu52/Rebirth, following mind-numbing complications from post COIE...

1. Go back to her first origin, which was the one that resonated. Adopted amazon, and sister to Diana. Empowered by the Amazons.
    What ultimately screwed it up was Diana debuting after-the-fact in the post-COIE world. All they ever needed to do was have someone else besides Diana bring her to Themiscyra. Honestly, I'd be inclined to keep it someone else that brought Donna to the island. (Hera? Aphrodite? Another God of myth?).
    This way, any sliding timeline wouldn't be dependent on WHEN Diana brought her to the island. In any scenario Donna could debut shortly after Diana as Wonder Girl and in the same era as the Fab 5.
    I cannot agree more with this. Donna needs to always be connected to the Amazons. I don't care who brought her to the island, her original origin should be intact. They can call her whatever they want to today, but she would've started her hero career as Wonder Girl.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I just don't buy the idea of a Superman making a child with a human woman. It just doesn't fly with me. That's my personal preference. I also find it kind of a distraction. Jason would still be Red Hood. I'm talking about keeping well known stories in general. Such as Death in the Family. The more popular stories would be kept. Some obscure story no one remembers from 1995, for instance, not so much. And, no, they're not supposed to put out stories for other Earths. That's just so that people don't feel like they wasted all their money buying books that are no longer canon. Everyone's favorite version is still out there somewhere.
    If your personal opinion that is fine. If it's like an impersonal pitch for dc or something .removing jon thing would be a blunder.
    Post crisis Superman's and lois's struggle for the kid is well established. It is the only struggle the guy had that was personal in nature. Jon being a miracle child is fairly natural.
    Even in precrisis stories clark had various imaginary children. It's his deepest wish. Ofcourse, he will work towards it. A guy who lost his world, adopted parents, has to fake who he is 24×7. Is ultimately, alone in every sense of the word. The kid is his natural evolution. Clark hasn't been good at family(partly cause of editorial). But, it can be a great way of growth without growth which is what american comics is good known for.Also superboy clark is'nt a thing, jimmy barely is a kid. Jon was Clark's first true blue sidekick that can attract children and has done so successfully . Jon is the only there(he has been the best attempt so far) to make post crisis superman, interesting. Jon makes His battles have stakes and his loses personal . He is best when he is superdad. Otherwise, he(post crisis guy) comes of really boring if handled without care. Preflashpoint superman can have more really badly Written stories on an average . And let's face it. neither of the precrisis supermen are welcomed today by the larger superman fandom. We see glimpses here and there of that guy with attributes being incorporated or an elseworld tale like all star superman. But, i don't think dc wants either of them being fully back.
    As for child with human thing. If clark would have kids with anyone it is going to be lois, In continuity. Biology isn't issue. If it was, clark might only be able procreate with daxmites. Even, then it might be impossible due evolution and mutation of the two diverging .i don't know what kryptonIan and maxima's race's relation or how strong the biological link is. But, these two are his only options.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-09-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Jason is fine though the jumping around at the end of the last arc was not handled well. Probably has to do with editorial.

Jon... So much wrong with him right now, and it only looks to be getting worse.