Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Yes, about these legacies and stuff, I'm sorry, that doesn't usually work satisfactorily. The characters were not built for that type of story paradigm. They were built to be timeless. All the legacies and redundant characters really do is cause gigantic messes and a bunch of disgruntled warring fans, which harms things in the long run and aren't worth the the temporary sales spikes that may happen due to replacing a character with some other one. I feel a big reason why Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are generally more successful than IPs like Green Lantern and The Flash is because Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, and Diana don't really have their positions hotly contested by some other characters. With Green Lantern, any time you tell a story, you're in a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' position. There is always going to be some fans whining on about "Bleh! This isn't MY Green Lantern, why is it always this guy, he's only here for diversity." Or, "Bleh, why does it always have to be old white guys? Diversity is more important than anything! Bleh bleh bleh!"

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    If you could put your two cents in, how would you tell DC Comics to fix your favorite comic book(s) or character(s)?
    Is this a scenario where we tell them what to do and they actually have to do it? Or is it just us telling them what we want and us hoping that they do it?
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-20-2019 at 07:49 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

I'd kill Dick Grayson...and then turn him into zombie. Though really i'd ask for pitches from creators, not out of touch, boring, bottom dwellers like Lobdell or Jurgans, but actual relevant creators who are good and go from there. And then not undercut them whenever Batman farts.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-20-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I'd kill Dick Grayson...and then turn him into zombie. Though really i'd ask for pitches from creators, not out of touch, boring, bottom dwellers like Lobdell or Jurgans, but actual relevant creators who are good and go from there. And then not undercut them whenever Batman farts.
    Eh, they tried that in DCeased. He didn't last very long.

Besides, that would mean Jason can't make the zombie jokes about himself anymore, with Dick being the actual zombie.

Astonishing Member

TT/ Titans permanently ban traitor plotlines and reimagine almost every character. Three teams: TT, Titans and Team Titans.

Titans are led by Nightwing and are independent.

TT is led by Damian with heavy supervision from the Titans.

Team Titans are led by Cyborg and are supposed to be under JL supervision due to the team's nature as a black ops team and members of the roster(though Cyborg gives them a lot more freedom than certain JL members like).

Character Fixes

Donna Troy- WW younger sister via adoption. Drop all of the extra convoluted nonsense.

Roy-Bring Liam back and have him balance fatherhood with being a hero. It worked for Superman and it worked for Roy until the abomination called Cry For Justice happened.

Raven- Have her work as an apprentice with Dr. Fate.

Wally- There is no reason why he and Barry can't coexist as the Flash. Alternatively, have Wally and Cyborg act as co-leaders of the Team Titans.

Lilith-As a licensed psychiatrist, she should have a bigger role in the DC universe, helping heroes deal with their mental issues. Team psychiatrist for the Team Titans.

Terra-Retool her into an antihero and give her an actual redemption arc. Characters have done a lot worse and been pushed as antiheroes without getting a redemption arc(Harley Quinn and Deathstroke).

Titans roster- Nightwing, Starfire, Donna Troy, Aqualad(Garth), Roy Harper, Raven, Hawk and Dove

TT roster- Damian, KF, Red Arrow, Jon Kent and Crush

Team Titans- Cyborg, Flash(Wally West),Aqualad(Jackson), Terra, Beast Boy, Ms. Martian and Lightning
    Last edited by king81992; 09-20-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Now THAT is a book I would pick up!!
    Me too.

A definite restoration is in order.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Yes, about these legacies and stuff, I'm sorry, that doesn't usually work satisfactorily. The characters were not built for that type of story paradigm. They were built to be timeless. All the legacies and redundant characters really do is cause gigantic messes and a bunch of disgruntled warring fans, which harms things in the long run and aren't worth the the temporary sales spikes that may happen due to replacing a character with some other one. I feel a big reason why Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are generally more successful than IPs like Green Lantern and The Flash is because Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, and Diana don't really have their positions hotly contested by some other characters. With Green Lantern, any time you tell a story, you're in a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' position. There is always going to be some fans whining on about "Bleh! This isn't MY Green Lantern, why is it always this guy, he's only here for diversity." Or, "Bleh, why does it always have to be old white guys? Diversity is more important than anything! Bleh bleh bleh!"
    That's why having another Earth or two for the legacies makes so much sense all around, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Get rid of family man Superman and try something very different, but very appropriate with him. Put him in outer space with Maxima. No Clark Kent, no Smallville, no Metropolis, no Lois Lane. Build a fascinating new cosmic tapestry with Superman using many ideas that are already there--Warworld, Phantom Zone, the Phantom Zone criminals, New Gods, Braniac, Legion, and so on--and introduce good new ideas. This is a setting where it's easier to have Superman cut loose and showcase what's so super about him.

The character has been failing to satisfactorily capture the imaginations of the public at large for a long time. I think it's high time to try something different, and I personally don't feel like families are the way to go with that.
    And call the new guy something else cause he ain't "superman".also, he can and does all the above things as a married man. He doesn't have to be with maxima for that. Maxima isn't even on top ten of Clark's best love interests.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-21-2019 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    That's why having another Earth or two for the legacies makes so much sense all around, IMO.
    Really, will shipping jsa and titans to other earths give them importance. In universe it might. But, out of universe. they won't. They will push for justice league when the reality is out of the two legacies character teams are the most successful. All jl has is one good animated series and humongous failure of live action in modern times. Titans has a decent live action,young justice, teen titans, teen titans go.. Etc

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Really, will shipping jsa and titans to other earths give them importance. In universe it might. But, out of universe. they won't. They will push for justice league when the reality is out of the two legacies character teams are the most successful. All jl has is one good animated series and humongous failure of live-action. Titans a decent live-action, young justice, teen titans, teen titans go. Etc
    Who has more audience and give DC more money? Comic or TV? If Titans, YJ, and TTG have more audience and give more money than comics then they're already more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Who has more audience and give DC more money? Comic or TV? If Titans, YJ, and TTG have more audience and give more money than comics then they're already more important.
    As of now, we don't know. Because titans haven't had a movie yet. Jl movie wasn't successful. You could argue it ws because of snyder. But, that's besides the point. We don't know how successful a titans movie could be.
    If justice league isn't in plans for foreseeable future. They could always go for the jsa movie. I mean, weren't there rumours for it. In the current environment any property can make money.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don’t think shipping the legacies off to their own Earth(s) would go the way some of y’all think. If you think their current treatment is bad when they’re almost obligated to eventually undo the damage done at some point, I can’t imagine putting them in a position where no such restriction applies would make it any better.

Giving them their own universe sounds great until they inevitably end up in an event that makes Ultimatum look like a blessing in comparison.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I don’t think shipping the legacies off to their own Earth(s) would go the way some of y’all think. If you think their current treatment is bad when they’re almost obligated to eventually undo the damage done at some point, I can’t imagine putting them in a position where no such restriction applies would make it any better.

Giving them their own universe sounds great until they inevitably end up in an event that makes Ultimatum look like a blessing in comparison.
    So let's say worst-case scenario the line fail and they never return

The result's still the same. I'm still not buying. Only the reason is different. In the main universe because the content is bad, in a different universe because there's not enough audience.

But the story is there. It's out. I can buy it, and I have a good memory for it.

If those characters stay in the same universe, I'm still not buying because I have to wait until I get a good story. Except for this time, I have to see DC treating Titans like victims or subservient to the League, and see people buying it, shaping the next generation of readers and writers to think that Titans is never anything except victims and second-tier. Then if this portrayal turns out it brings money, that's what they're going to be for a long time.

If they're gone, completely gone, then there's nothing that will say or maintain the portrayal that Titans is bad. There's only the good, standalone story (assuming they're good of course)
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-21-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Erase Kate Kane/Batwoman’s continuity after Williams and Blackman’s #24.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I would kill Barry Allen.

Yeah, Wally and Barry can co-exist, yada yada yada, but at this point I just don't care.

Kill Barry, give Buried Alien (I care about no other Barry fan) a written apology and a fat check, make Wally the Flash.

Fixed.
    They don't even have to kill him. Just de-power him. Wally could be Flash full time again and Barry could play the role Jay used to as the elder advisor from the sidelines.