Incredible Member

Default Gen 13 Caitlin Fairchild Appreciation Thread

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gen 13 Caitlin Fairchild Appreciation Thread

Last edited by gwhh; 08-06-2014 at 04:01 PM.

I would love to see a Superboy and Gen 13 book. But as long as it's written by new talent or someone with a fresh take. Not another writer who was big in the 90s.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I loved Caitlin in Gen13. She's sweet, likeable, and a great example of a leader rising to the occasion instead of simply being a natural-born leader. Seeing her grow into her role on the team was always great to see.

I've hated what they've done with her in the New 52 thus far. They took away all that awkwardness and likeability and just made her seem cold and dull. Here's hoping that this Gen13 re-launch will bring back the Caitlin I loved.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I loved Caitlin in Gen13. She's sweet, likeable, and a great example of a leader rising to the occasion instead of simply being a natural-born leader. Seeing her grow into her role on the team was always great to see.

I've hated what they've done with her in the New 52 thus far. They took away all that awkwardness and likeability and just made her seem cold and dull. Here's hoping that this Gen13 re-launch will bring back the Caitlin I loved.
    I hope so. But right now there is a lot to fix. I wonder if they will keep the Lynch attraction.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member

BANNED

I approve of this thread.

galactia1981

I just started reading back issues of Gen13, and I'm only up issue #17 of the original series. I wanted to ask some longtime fans about the Lynch/Caitlin romance if that's what it was. Back in issue #2 (I think that was it) Freefall tells Caitlin that she's "hot and bothered" when it comes to Lynch, then Lynch kisses her in issue #12, but nothing is said about it and there's no follow-up. Can anyone explain this?