Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Default Favorite "What If?" Story

What's your favorite "What If?" story? Would you have liked to see the story expanded upon? Which one would you like to see on Diseny+?

Astonishing Member

I guess #105 doesn't count since the MC-2 Universe expanded on that issue. #114 is one of my favorites that I wish they would follow up as it introduced the next generation of super heroes set in Battleworld from Secret Wars II. #27 is also a favorite. It introduced the children of Namor/Susan Storm and Reed Richards and some other woman.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I guess #105 doesn't count since the MC-2 Universe expanded on that issue. #114 is one of my favorites that I wish they would follow up as it introduced the next generation of super heroes set in Battleworld from Secret Wars II. #27 is also a favorite. It introduced the children of Namor/Susan Storm and Reed Richards and some other woman.
    +1

I forget the issue number but there was a what if on what if aunt may had been killed instead of Uncle Ben and Uncle Ben had lived. In the story Uncle Ben has Peter tell Jj that he is Spiderman because he wants JJ to see that Spiderman is not a monster. And then Jj son John takes on the Green Goblin when he is superpowered from the space spores.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Probably a little to on-brand for me, but I always enjoyed the "What if? The Runaways became the Young Avengers" back-ups that were in the 2009 one-shots.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Vampire Wolverine

BANNED

What if #27 (vol. 1) and #32 (vol. 2) Phoenix had not died?
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-21-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I forget the issue number but there was a what if on what if aunt may had been killed instead of Uncle Ben and Uncle Ben had lived. In the story Uncle Ben has Peter tell Jj that he is Spiderman because he wants JJ to see that Spiderman is not a monster. And then Jj son John takes on the Green Goblin when he is superpowered from the space spores.
    I think that's from the original run in the '70s/'80s. Though it was a strong enough concept that they redid it in the 2000s as a special.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

What if Don Glut had gone on to write Jane Foster with the hammer of Thor instead of writers like Jason Aaron? (What If? #10, August 1978)

Ultimate Member

I liked the one that introduced the 'Avengers of the 1950s' with Human Robot, Marvel Boy, Venus, etc. (that later became Agents of Atlas). Vol 1, issue 9, according to the intertubes.

Astonishing Member

The one where grey hulk kills wolverine

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I liked the What If? where the New Fantastic Four (Spider-Man, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, and Hulk) stayed together. I also liked the What If? for Back in Black, since it had Spider-Man beat the living hell out of Iron Man after Civil War and ultimately finish off the Kingpin (for killing Mary Jane via sniper), as well as What If? Spider-Man vs. Wolverine, and more recently, What If Flash Thompson Was Spider-Man? by Gerry Conway and What If Peter Parker Became the Punisher? Outside of Spider-Man, I liked What If Magik Became the Sorcerer Supreme? and What If? X-Men by Bryan Hill, the latter for what I thought was a great cyberpunk take on the X-Men, or the exe-Men, and I would like to see that expanded into a full series/universe like the What If? that introduced Spider-Girl.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The one where Iron Man conquers the world.

What If? #3
    What If The Avengers Had Never Been?
    Great story by Jim Shooter and beautiful art by Gil Kane.
    003.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Vampire Wolverine
    ...appeared in What If...? (Vol.2) #24, which was also the first appearance of Frank Castle: Sorcerer Supreme (one of my all-time favorite AU characters).