Fantastic Member

Default Can we get a Legends of the Dark Knight: Dick Sprang edition?

You think its likely we'll get a collection of Dick Sprang's work?

He's one of the most iconic Bat Artists of all time, but I'm not sure they want to do a collection of an artist from the 40's/50's.

For what it's worth the Golden Age Batman omnibuses have collected everything from the beginning to the early fifties so far. There's another GA Batman omnibus coming out next year, and I expect they'll continue through to the Silver Age. So all those issues are probably going to be released, at least in that format.

Retired

I see these books devoted to one talented person as being entry level books. Someone might not want to invest all their money and time in reading thousands of Batman stories, but they might be interested in sampling the work of one person. It's a lot to expect that someone is going to buy an omnibus just for the Dick Sprang stories in it. And the thinner books are more user friendly, you don't have to build up your biceps to handle them.

Also by giving that talent a book, DC is communicating that this person is someone worth attention. To me that seems like a lot of resources to devote to promoting the talent--do they actually make their money back on these books? But guys like Dick Sprang and Irv Novick deserve to be recognized in this kind of format

All-New Member

For what it's worth the Golden Age Batman omnibuses have collected everything from the beginning to the early fifties so far. There's another GA Batman omnibus coming out next year, and I expect they'll continue through to the Silver Age. So all those issues are probably going to be released, at least in that format. my ip birthday wishes tneb

giving that talent a book, DC is communicating that this person is someone worth attention.
    Last edited by nedewa44; 10-12-2019 at 01:47 PM.