Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^lol good point!
    Oddly, I always found X-Men’s Marrow hotter when she looked like this...

...as opposed to this...

...so i’d personally like to see a more bumpy headed alien version of Miss Martian, to see how it compared.
    But don't forget, when Marrow was first introduced as a villain, she looked like this:
    3168814-hemingway&marrow-generation_x#6-captive_emma_frost.jpg
    So they did pretty her up a bit when she joined the X-men.

^^^mmmm, dem LEGS...!

BANNED

My bad; I came in to edit my post saw you’d quoted me.

Hank Hall was a last minute change by DC. Monarch was going to be Captain Atom, and there were clues in ARMAGEDDON 2001 to lead up to it. The reveal was leaked though, and Hawk was shoehorned in there to try and keep the surprise.
    It didn’t do either character any favors.
    I thought the story sounded familiar..... I thought lightning had struck twice.
    Last edited by Desmark; 09-23-2019 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    I thought the story sounded familiar..... I thought lightning had struck twice.
    Again, my bad!
    The Monarch character is such a muddled mess...

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Again, my bad!
    The Monarch character is such a muddled mess...
    I think he was fine... but they should have just accepted the people figured it out instead of switching it.

All that being said... I liked Captain Atom quite a bit. . . but his character arch to villainy made sense in a way. Since at root he's the count of monte cristo, and what should have
    been a simple revenge tale from the jump became a heroic tale because he returned with Godlike powers, and decided to NOT get revenge.

But back to john. . . I really like the idea that he's the strength of the thousands. Still thats one of those changes better suited to an elseworlds.

In fact this WHOLE concept reminds me of that Alan More tale that never got made where he's impersonating Captain Marvel and Married Marry. Twilight of the Heroes or some such.

He's very powerful but we never get stories like "Gods Among Us" where its MM taking over... and I guess its because its a little too on the nose, but then yeah there was that "Fernris" arc...

EDIT:
    https://www.quora.com/Why-do-some-pe...-than-Superman

I found this quora just now stumbling through the internet. The first answer was so detailed that I'm kinda still soaking it in.

Makes me think though about the dynamic between john and supes existing at the same time
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 09-23-2019 at 03:43 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

I think he was fine... but they should have just accepted the people figured it out instead of switching it.
    ^^^and that’s the bottom line!

Your thoughts on J’onn/Supes are pretty interesting.
    I mean, everyone says they’re really similar, but not really. Both are godlike aliens from dead planets, but, Supes got here as a child, and looks human. He’s only known Krypton in a second hand way.
    J’onn grew up on Mars, came to earth as an adult, and while he can look human, he really isn’t. He’s alien in ways Supes isn’t, and I think even their peers forget that.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I like him as an anti hero. I really liked the New 52 stuff with him causing schism in the JL and infiltrating on behalf of Stormwatch.

He should be someone who was in the JL but had nefarious intentions towards his teammates, and now acts as a rogue agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I like him as an anti hero. I really liked the New 52 stuff with him causing schism in the JL and infiltrating on behalf of Stormwatch.

He should be someone who was in the JL but had nefarious intentions towards his teammates, and now acts as a rogue agent.
    Yeah, that wasn’t a bad take at all.
    I knew a guy did some fanfic once, where J’onn led a team of characters w. mental powers, and fought threats to the League behind the scenes before the threats ever got to them; the tag line was something like “protecting the ones who protect us all”.

Astonishing Member

Nice thinking but it wasn't tolerated for Hal. i don't think people would liked it for John either.
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 09-26-2019 at 08:23 AM.

BANNED

Didn't the new 52 made the Martian Manhunter a villain to the heroes ?

We are getting Ma'alefa'ak J'onzz, J'onn Jonzz's brother. as a villain on the Supergirl TV show this season. I guess that would give us some idea of what a villainous Martian Manhunter would be like.

Fantastic Member

Interesting

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Didn't the new 52 made the Martian Manhunter a villain to the heroes ?
    He was in Stormwatch, which was a more covert group, and it brought him into conflict with the League, but I don't think he was meant to be a flat-out villain then.

Incredible Member

BANNED

This reminds me of Bizzaro calling Jonnz Marvin the Martian Manhunter in the Superman/Batman series. Imagine if Jonnz actually wanted to blow up the earth like Marvin. Kind of makes you wish that Marvin had actually met the Martian Manhunter from the Emperor Joker verse in the crossover instead of the prime earth manhunter. That would have been one insane team up. Lol

20190924115306.jpg