Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default X-Men 616 Timeline 10 Years?

So how would you think the break down would work in a contextual sense if it really has been 10 years in MU616 time , I was thinking

1960s-1-2 Year
    1970s-3-4 Year
    1980s-5-6 Year (New Mutants)
    1990s-7 Year (Generation x)
    2000s-8-9 Year (New X-Men , NXAX and Decimation)
    2010s-10 Year (The Lights and Newer Mutants)

The only thing is the age of a lot of the characters doe's really make sense , For example if Sunspot was 13 when he joined NM then he would be around 17-18 , which I guess he could be running world cooperation by now but it's a little far fetched. Plus that would mean Sunspot is literally one year older as most of the NXAX kids or the same age as Prodigy etc. Granted I know it's meant to be a floating timeline but then specifically saying 10 years I felt like it was impossible , 15 years would work better.
    Last edited by Npresh24; 09-21-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    So how would you think the break down would work in a contextual sense if it really has been 10 years in MU616 time , I was thinking

1960s-1-2 Year
    1970s-3-4 Year
    1980s-5-6 Year (New Mutants)
    1990s-7 Year (Generation x)
    2000s-8-9 Year (New X-Men , NXAX and Decimation)
    2010s-10 Year (The Lights and Newer Mutants)

The only thing is the age of a lot of the characters doe's really make sense , For example if Sunspot was 13 when he joined NM then he would be around 17-18 , which I guess he could be running world cooperation by now but it's a little far fetched. Plus that would mean Sunspot is literally one year older as most of the NXAX kids or the same age as Prodigy etc. Granted I know it's meant to be a floating timeline but then specifically saying 10 years I felt like it was impossible , 15 years would work better.
    Your numbers are pretty spot on imo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The one thing we can line up for a fact though real world vs. Marvel is genocide at genosha was part of Gran'ts run, Grant started his run in 2001, that happened less than three years ago according to Moira's timeline. So from Genosha being destoryed to House of X which is over a decade of real world story took place in the span of 3 marvel years.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The one thing we can line up for a fact though real world vs. Marvel is genocide at genosha was part of Gran'ts run, Grant started his run in 2001, that happened less than three years ago according to Moira's timeline. So from Genosha being destoryed to House of X which is over a decade of real world story took place in the span of 3 marvel years.
    That's crazy , So Genosha , Decimation , Utopia , The Lights , Schism , , Inhuman war , Cyclops & Wolverine 's Death all happened in less than of span of 3 years , that's a lot for these poor youth of X and they don't even seem to get counseling.

Mighty Member

I believe Hickman and White said that they were rounding with the dates, so it could be 10-14 years for all we know.

Exactly and when you think of the time frame. It's like wow.

moiralife.jpg

The black line is line 10 which we assume is the current life we've been reading.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I believe Hickman and White said that they were rounding with the dates, so it could be 10-14 years for all we know.
    either way you look at it moira was 49 at genocide of genosha and is 52 now. So there's no sliding timeline for that. The storys from the genocide to where we are in house of x has been 3 years but well over a decade in real time.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    lol, I try not to think about why the hairstyles and fashion change every single year and matching up with an entire decade of fashion and hairstyles. It just doesn't make any sense. But I guess Superheroes have their way of doing things!

I like that they try to keep as much history as possible. I am actually looking forward to seeing if Jonathan Hickman visits some of the old stories to some degree, like Days of Future Past, Dark Phoenix, and Inferno, etc... Just looking at how those stories impact the characters now and possibly revisit some of it. Like have Rachel become Dark Phoenix this time when she goes looking for the Phoenix Force on purpose and when they find each other Rachel embraces all the rage she has been bottling up and becomes Dark Phoenix. It would be an interesting way to revisit the story, but having Jean, Scott, and Nathan struggling to find a way to save Rachel and stop her at the same time.

Or revisit Inferno, but this time Madelyne shows up to warn them that she can feel there are demons trying to bring the Inferno back and instead of siding the demons she wants to stop it.

Spectacular Member

I was annoyed at first with NM not being fully integrated into The X-Men lol but now I see they are literally around the same age as Generation X and NXAX and It's blowing my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    lol, I try not to think about why the hairstyles and fashion change every single year and matching up with an entire decade of fashion and hairstyles. It just doesn't make any sense. But I guess Superheroes have their way of doing things!

I like that they try to keep as much history as possible. I am actually looking forward to seeing if Jonathan Hickman visits some of the old stories to some degree, like Days of Future Past, Dark Phoenix, and Inferno, etc... Just looking at how those stories impact the characters now and possibly revisit some of it. Like have Rachel become Dark Phoenix this time when she goes looking for the Phoenix Force on purpose and when they find each other Rachel embraces all the rage she has been bottling up and becomes Dark Phoenix. It would be an interesting way to revisit the story, but having Jean, Scott, and Nathan struggling to find a way to save Rachel and stop her at the same time.

Or revisit Inferno, but this time Madelyne shows up to warn them that she can feel there are demons trying to bring the Inferno back and instead of siding the demons she wants to stop it.
    This is only way I can stomach the Phoenix again is if Rachel is the host cause she seems to be the only one to will it's powers and remain badass , I hate what it does to Jean Grey as a character and The Phoenix Five was just trash tbh.
    Last edited by Npresh24; 09-21-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

I
    like that they try to keep as much history as possible. I am actually looking forward to seeing if Jonathan Hickman visits some of the old stories to some degree, like Days of Future Past, Dark Phoenix, and Inferno, etc... Just looking at how those stories impact the characters now and possibly revisit some of it. Like have Rachel become Dark Phoenix this time when she goes looking for the Phoenix Force on purpose and when they find each other Rachel embraces all the rage she has been bottling up and becomes Dark Phoenix. It would be an interesting way to revisit the story, but having Jean, Scott, and Nathan struggling to find a way to save Rachel and stop her at the same time.

I mean, when flashbacks are made today about Peter Parker as a teenager he continues to dress like a nerd from the 60s but with mobiles and laptops.

It is better not to think about it much.

I like Ewing's theory.

Extraordinary Member

I prefer to use my own headcanon when it comes to time.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

"Year Ten" isn't meant to be taken literally. It's been more than 10 years.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Did they not explain this with Eternity children

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...ki-3-spoilers/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Did they not explain this with Eternity children

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...ki-3-spoilers/
    Oh, yeah, that. Yeah, let's go with this.

Mighty Member

Guys, there's a perfectly rational explanation for this.

Franklin and Molecule Man did it.