Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    As someone else said, this is legit the best CBR post on this topic. Well done! *clap clap*

I actually didn't realize it until reading this...Peter is a horrible team player.

It might actually be his one unaddressed character flaw. It's Spider-Man's version of "Batman is actually a horrible father if you think about it but no writer ever addresses it or if they do it's very brief."

And honestly, it should be addressed. A teenage Spider-Man having this issue is fine...but 25+ Spider-Man not being able to function in teams (forget joining one...simply functioning in one) is arguably irresponsible of Peter.
    It's arguably the reason why modern writers like to have him be a fanboy; he wouldn't work with other heroes otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Spider-Man is Marvel's one evergreen IP. It's never been cancelled like the X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four. The merchandising has filled Marvel's coffers for decades. He'll be fine.
    The Avengers were cancelled?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Surprised this thread is making some realize Spidey ain't that good as a team player lol.

I think it'd be fine for him to keep such a flaw of not being that good in teams, 'cause Spidey by himself is already a super flexible character, bringing that flexibility by making him be as competent in a team as he is by himself is a lot, can make him look perfect, and I'd be less interested in him being perfect.
    He doesn't have to be an Avenger, but I think Peter should learn to be some sort of team player to an extent. Not working with other superheroes when you need to is arguably irresponsible of a fully-grown up Spider-Man.

spider-man is the loner superhero, they put him together with other characters because money, but the best way to do that while also getting more interesting stories is for him to not do that well
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse is a 1990 platform game developed by Sega and released for the Sega Genesis. An 8-bit version of the game was later released for the Master System and Game Gear. The game follows Mickey Mouse on a quest to save Minnie Mouse from the evil witch Mizrabel.

He doesn't have to be an Avenger, but I think Peter should learn to be some sort of team player to an extent. Not working with other superheroes when you need to is arguably irresponsible of a fully-grown up Spider-Man.
    He already does that thought, he has a long standing friendship with at least 3 other heroes and ask for help when he needs it, like with Dr Strange in JMS run, granted he doesn't do it often, but i think than that is less a "i.work alone attitude" and more for narrative purposes, if you read Spider-Man the most logical thing to happen is for him to save the day by himself more often than not.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

I do like that when Peter *does* work well with others, it's more often than not other Spider-peeps with similarly superhuman agility, reaction times and danger senses, or the occasional 'loner' character like Wolverine or Deadpool, who already works just fine on their own and is also not always the strongest team player.

Instead of coordinating and tactics, it's all 'go do what you do best and I'll do my thing and we'll all be awesome together!'

But he works with them whenever he has the time to ask for help in a situation that looks overwhelming, at least often enough, how many times he went to ask Reed's help when he couldn't figure out something with science? Or Strange with magic? Not to mention the entirety of Marvel Team-Up lol.

The way he operates is that he's usually a loner, but if someone else arrives to help, he has no problem with it, if they don't screw it up that is, and if he feels like he should ask for help, he may do it if there's time, so he's hardly that bad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I do like that when Peter *does* work well with others, it's more often than not other Spider-peeps with similarly superhuman agility, reaction times and danger senses, or the occasional 'loner' character like Wolverine or Deadpool, who already works just fine on their own and is also not always the strongest team player.

Instead of coordinating and tactics, it's all 'go do what you do best and I'll do my thing and we'll all be awesome together!'
    Funnily enough, one of the first times him and Johnny teamed up and tried a "You do your thing, I do mine", backfired hilariously in ASM#19, with both getting in each other's way.

Not surprising though, two dumbass hotheads working together is a recipe for disaster lol.

I dunno about him working best with other Spider-People, since he usually does fine when there's another hero around, Daredevil is an example, whole teams with chain of command, with those he may struggle lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; Yesterday at 08:17 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    The Avengers were cancelled?
    No. The hiatus between stuff like Avengers #503 and New Avengers #1 don't count.
    "Cable was right!"

All-New Member

Again, see Spidey's relationship with the FF. He's taken more serious there.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    No. The hiatus between stuff like Avengers #503 and New Avengers #1 don't count.
    I think they were referring to the period between Onslaught and Heroes Reborn when no Avengers books were on shelves. Marvel was in bankruptcy during the 90's and most of the Avengers and FF titles were selling rather poorly. They wanted to "reboot" these titles and make them more modern (update the origins, etc.) and farmed them out to popular Image studios (Jim Lee's Wildstorm and Liefeld's Extreme).
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"