Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    You ignored my point about Peter and Jen alike and turned it into romantic potential, which I did not insinuate.

Are we going to stick to the original premise of this thread, or is this now yet another free-for-all for Peter and the "Marvel lady of the month" shipping?
    As far as I know, the She-Hulk has not broken the fourth wall for quite some time. I do not know if Jennifer has woman-child problems. We know that she has no secret identity. The only real similarity that Jennifer has with Peter Parker is their sense of self sacrifice. Both are known for not getting over a death of a loved one. Peter towards Gwen Stacy and Jennifer towards her cousin Bruce Banner. Both were considered loners(outcast by their peers) before they become superheroes. Both are highly intellectual. Everything that I've said can be found in John Bryne's run on the Fantastic Four whereby Jennifer was a supporting cast member. Jennifer's background story was established by Bryne. That's where I got my information from as well as the development of my argument to why I felt that Spider-Man and She-Hulk should be working together as part of The Avengers and Fantastic Four. Spidey is a member of both teams. Yet I see no interaction between Jennifer and Peter...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-16-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Why don't we all go back at your original post and scrutinize your points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Marvel is a business. Yet, they don't think like one. If they want their books to sell as much as the Japanese Manga, they need to upgrade their business model as it's been stuck in the past since the early 1990's.
    That's right, Marvel is a business. It wants to entertain its fanbase and customers while at the same time turn a profit. The best models have creative side and business side dovetail to produce works that are critically and commercially successful.

Since you mention Japanese Manga, then it helps to show exactly how successful Manga is, and in which markets, if we're not talking about the US.

And today is similar to the early 90's in exactly what way?

Now let's move to your latest post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    As far as I know, the She-Hulk has not broken the fourth wall for quite some time.
    Hence my use of the past tense for her.
    We know that she has no secret identity.
    Same case of past tense here.
    The only real similarity that Jennifer has with Peter Parker is their sense of self sacrifice.
    Then you contradict yourself with that "exactly alike" assertion earlier.
    Yet I see no interaction between Jennifer and Peter...
    You are not alone in voicing "my ideal Marvel friendship" but Marvel is not obliged to pander to each and every fan's wish. Some accept it with resignation and move on to continue to read whatever titles they already read. Others give up on Marvel altogether. Then there are those who choose a third path…
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Why don't we all go back at your original post and scrutinize your points.

That's right, Marvel is a business. It wants to entertain its fanbase and customers while at the same time turn a profit. The best models have creative side and business side dovetail to produce works that are critically and commercially successful.

Since you mention Japanese Manga, then it helps to show exactly how successful Manga is, and in which markets, if we're not talking about the US.

And today is similar to the early 90's in exactly what way?

Now let's move to your latest post.

Hence my use of the past tense for her.

Same case of past tense here.

Then you contradict yourself with that "exactly alike" assertion earlier.

You are not alone in voicing "my ideal Marvel friendship" but Marvel is not obliged to pander to each and every fan's wish. Some accept it with resignation and move on to continue to read whatever titles they already read. Others give up on Marvel altogether. Then there are those who choose a third path…
    Marvel is not obligated to do anything, really. However, any future writer or editor who are members on this forum could one day work for Marvel with all the information that they have learned from the cbr forum. For example, it would include listening to the individual reader comments on the direction of Marvel's characters to create better stories. This has less to do with what I want and more to do with finding new source material. An example would be story plot ideas that taken from real world events that might make the stories interesting.

As it is, the comic book industry has been stagnate for the past 3 decades in terms of sales figures(ex. 1990 and 1991) and story ideas compared to a serialized manga series. Everything that I have read on my favorite comic book titles are the same stories repackaged. Perhaps the best way for the comic book business to move forward is to look at the Japanese manga and anime that has taken a huge chunk of Marvel's U.S. business model. The question that Marvel has to ask is how to reverse it? The Japanese manga series never does a reset, nor do the writers repeat the same story. One Piece is a good example of a manga that moves forward with new story line ideas not done in previous chapters. Nor does the stories involve the same villain after they had been defeated. The level to challenges gets harder with each new event which brings in readers who would out otherwise buy the manga. I hated the One Piece cartoon that was translated and edited by 4kids. But once I read the manga, I was hooked.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-17-2019 at 06:16 AM.