Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Or perhaps was a subtle "fuckyou" to the esteemed colleague and another High Evolutionary assistant Jackal... (good chance are they know eachnother and loathe each other knowing them)

This give chance to pinpoint how oddly similar the lives of Scott Summers and Peter Parker are:
    Both are tormented by two genial geneticist who both were assistants to HE.
    Both are orphans with one hell of survivor guilt that shaped them who they are
    Both are slim build(when artist remember that neither Peter nor Scott are build like brick house)
    Both almost always hold back their powers to not hurt people (but this is true for all heroes)
    Both are the Kings of overdrammatic reactions...
    ..justified by the fact that seem that universe HATE the very idea of them being happy.
    Both loves of their lives were a redhead and a blonde...
    ...one of those died multiple times in their arms...
    Writers hate their marriage, fans didn't minded...
    They both have depicted by media as menace comparable to Hitler or Al Capone or the Son of Sam....for no reason at all.
    The Both have been hunted for sport by a creepy maniac
    Both have the most clumsy robots built specifically to destroy them( anothe recommend occurrence for superhero now that I think about it...I think only power pack has not a murderbot designed just to kill them)
    Both have crushed on in and bordering the savage land so many times that they could just buy some real estate there and build a vacation house..
    And finally....
    Both have a begrudging friendship with the bubs-man himself Logan!( who flirted with one of the love of their life, curshed on their couch and eat their cakes while refusing to not to smoke cigars...)

Two coincidences would haveben odd but so many!
    I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. Another note of commonality is that they both base their heroics on the examples set and lessons taught to them by their respective father figures, whose deaths they blame themselves for in one way or another, only Peter can be blamed by way of inaction against the common thief who'd later kill his Uncle Ben, and Scott outright killed Xavier while in the throes of a Phoenix Force-induced psychotic breakdown. And speaking of the robots built to hunt and kill them, both the Spider-Slayers and the Sentinels have had variants where humans were cybernetically enhanced to carry out the same functions as the robotic Spider-Slayers and Sentinels while simultaneously camouflaged as normal humans. About the one major difference between them is that Spider-Man is mostly persecuted as an individual, even if he's been occasionally mistaken for a mutant, while Cyclops and company are persecuted more as members or representatives of a race collectively regarded with fear, suspicion, and outright hatred by humanity at large.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. Another note of commonality is that they both base their heroics on the examples set and lessons taught to them by their respective father figures, whose deaths they blame themselves for in one way or another, only Peter can be blamed by way of inaction against the common thief who'd later kill his Uncle Ben, and Scott outright killed Xavier while in the throes of a Phoenix Force-induced psychotic breakdown. And speaking of the robots built to hunt and kill them, both the Spider-Slayers and the Sentinels have had variants where humans were cybernetically enhanced to carry out the same functions as the robotic Spider-Slayers and Sentinels while simultaneously camouflaged as normal humans. About the one major difference between them is that Spider-Man is mostly persecuted as an individual, even if he's been occasionally mistaken for a mutant, while Cyclops and company are persecuted more as members or representatives of a race collectively regarded with fear, suspicion, and outright hatred by humanity at large.
    Another odd occurrence happened to both of them is that their body have been overtaken by one of their worst enemy for a while. They both have an elemental powered friend that is a clown but a good listener. Both have been very critical and antagonising Beast. Wielded cosmic powered beyond their understanding briefly ( albeit captain universe spidey did less damage than phoenix powered Cyclops), trapped beyond time and space, both are surprisingly popular with ladies, outside their special ones, albeit they both self sabotage when they got a chance.
    Another big difference is that Cyke is a leader, as good as Cap as leading and motivate group of underlings/soldiers. Spidey is a mentor/teacher, and xtremely good one, as well as good team player.

Another odd occurrence happened to both of them is that their body have been overtaken by one of their worst enemy for a while. They both have an elemental powered friend that is a clown but a good listener. Both have been very critical and antagonising Beast. Wielded cosmic powered beyond their understanding briefly ( albeit captain universe spidey did less damage than phoenix powered Cyclops), trapped beyond time and space, both are surprisingly popular with ladies, outside their special ones, albeit they both self sabotage when they got a chance.
    Another big difference is that Cyke is a leader, as good as Cap as leading and motivate group of underlings/soldiers. Spidey is a mentor/teacher, and xtremely good one, as well as good team player.
    That's a pretty good analysis there as well. One would think they'd make for good friends if they got the chance to know each other . . . or maybe they'd repel each other because of all those similarities.

Or perhaps was a subtle "fuckyou" to the esteemed colleague and another High Evolutionary assistant Jackal...
    Nothing's said afterwards, so it's unlikely.

(good chance are they know eachnother and loathe each other knowing them)
    Sinister made Ben clones, so he's at least aware of Jackal, dunno about the other way around though.

I doubt Jackal would hate Sinister, Jackal seems like the kind of villain who doesn't care about anyone else besides Spidey, the clones, and Gwen, and wanting to **** with those, but literally in Gwen's case.

This give chance to pinpoint how oddly similar the lives of Scott Summers and Peter Parker are:
    Both are slim build(when artist remember that neither Peter nor Scott are build like brick house)
    Cyke in particular has been shown to have more developed muscles, while he doesn't go too far with it, the nickname "Slim" is about as ironic as Wolverine's more known name being "Logan" (Mount Logan is the tallest mountain in Canada, and the shortest character has that name).

Both loves of their lives were a redhead and a blonde...
    ...one of those died multiple times in their arms...
    Gwen died once in Spidey's arms, he wasn't nearby when the clones died.

Also if we ignore the hair color bit, it's also funny Spidey and Cyke dated morally ambiguous women when they're more straight laced guys, 'cause it is weird how their relationships with Felicia and Emma respectively worked better than you'd expect.

Both have the most clumsy robots built specifically to destroy them( anothe recommend occurrence for superhero now that I think about it...I think only power pack has not a murderbot designed just to kill them)
    Does F4 have those? I mean aside from Doombots lol.

Also, they both have secret siblings, well, maybe, Spencer's run decided to say Teresa may not be Spidey's sister.

That's a pretty good analysis there as well. One would think they'd make for good friends if they got the chance to know each other . . . or maybe they'd repel each other because of all those similarities.
    I doubt Cyke would really have a problem with Spidey, anyone who can tolerate Wolverine and Iceman has the patience of a saint.

Spidey probably wouldn't have a problem with Cyke too, Cyke at his worst was a rebelious ******* but, still a good guy trying to help out everyone (Obviously not counting the Phoenix nonsense), even if mutants are the priority, so as a felow hero, they could respect each other at least.

I'm just not sure if they'd make good friends, as much as there's an uncanny amount of similarities between both of them, Spidey is more of an easy going guy, while Scott seems to be more of a stiff, strict guy, with more of a soldier's mind until he gets to be relax, but who knows, don't know Cyke's character enough to accurately imagine how they'd interact.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Nothing's said afterwards, so it's unlikely.

Sinister made Ben clones, so he's at least aware of Jackal, dunno about the other way around though.

I doubt Jackal would hate Sinister, Jackal seems like the kind of villain who doesn't care about anyone else besides Spidey, the clones, and Gwen, and wanting to **** with those, but literally in Gwen's case.

Cyke in particular has been shown to have more developed muscles, while he doesn't go too far with it, the nickname "Slim" is about as ironic as Wolverine's more known name being "Logan" (Mount Logan is the tallest mountain in Canada, and the shortest character has that name).

Gwen died once in Spidey's arms, he wasn't nearby when the clones died.

Also if we ignore the hair color bit, it's also funny Spidey and Cyke dated morally ambiguous women when they're more straight laced guys, 'cause it is weird how their relationships with Felicia and Emma respectively worked better than you'd expect.

Does F4 have those? I mean aside from Doombots lol.

Also, they both have secret siblings, well, maybe, Spencer's run decided to say Teresa may not be Spidey's sister.

I doubt Cyke would really have a problem with Spidey, anyone who can tolerate Wolverine and Iceman has the patience of a saint.

Spidey probably wouldn't have a problem with Cyke too, Cyke at his worst was a rebelious ******* but, still a good guy trying to help out everyone (Obviously not counting the Phoenix nonsense), even if mutants are the priority, so as a felow hero, they could respect each other at least.

I'm just not sure if they'd make good friends, as much as there's an uncanny amount of similarities between both of them, Spidey is more of an easy going guy, while Scott seems to be more of a stiff, strict guy, with more of a soldier's mind until he gets to be relax, but who knows, don't know Cyke's character enough to accurately imagine how they'd interact.
    Those are fair points. I'd argue as well that another commonality is the truly insane amount of trauma that gets heaped upon them both over the years, which they compensate for in different ways --- Spider-Man by putting on the front of the quippy, witty jokester, and Cyclops as the ever-stoic "Fearless Leader." In both cases, even if manifested differently, it's a coping mechanism to stay sane, relatively speaking.

Those are fair points. I'd argue as well that another commonality is the truly insane amount of trauma that gets heaped upon them both over the years, which they compensate for in different ways --- Spider-Man by putting on the front of the quippy, witty jokester, and Cyclops as the ever-stoic "Fearless Leader." In both cases, even if manifested differently, it's a coping mechanism to stay sane, relatively speaking.
    Huh, didn't notice that similarity, that's cool.

Stuff about Cyclops I've seen in comics has him looking deeper than you'd expect, which makes it depressing how adaptations almost always **** him over.

I think 90's cartoon understood him the best (Or at least, there was an attempt), while the rest just don't care, with Wolverine and the X-Men in particular having him look like a pathetic manchild.

Stuff about Cyclops I've seen in comics has him looking deeper than you'd expect, which makes it depressing how adaptations almost always **** him over.

I think 90's cartoon understood him the best (Or at least, there was an attempt), while the rest just don't care, with Wolverine and the X-Men in particular having him look like a pathetic manchild.
    I still can't get over his confrontation with Corsair from the 90s X-Men cartoon after he discovered Corsair was his father all along. That was a seriously heartbreaking moment, and Norm Spencer (R.I.P.) sold the f*** out of Cyclops's pain and turmoil, in my humble opinion. As for his portrayal in Wolverine & the X-Men, Spider-Man can definitely relate on that front, being made to look like a pathetic man-child because some editors/execs think that makes him more "relatable."

I still can't get over his confrontation with Corsair from the 90s X-Men cartoon after he discovered Corsair was his father all along. That was a seriously heartbreaking moment, and Norm Spencer (R.I.P.) sold the f*** out of Cyclops's pain and turmoil, in my humble opinion. As for his portrayal in Wolverine & the X-Men, Spider-Man can definitely relate on that front, being made to look like a pathetic man-child because some editors/execs think that makes him more "relatable."
    I doubt he was made to be a manchild to be relatable, the intention is for Cyke to be a hero who lost his way, and to eventually go back, and some episodes even help with this when he's not the focus, the episode where they have to save Storm has him getting over himself to help, actually helping to defeat her (She was being controlled by Shadow King), and another episode near the end has him giving alright orders for Wolverine to complete his part of the mission, problem is, stuff like that is minimal and the second one in particular is hard to notice if you're not paying attention, and the episodes that focus on him have him pretty much only whining about Jean, and it gets worse when we get a flashback episode, since the cartoon has some characters like Kitty talk like he was great before, but, when we see how he was at the beginning, he was pathetic back then too...

The intention of making him worse to become better just doesn't work if they show that he was always bad, and it gets worse when he never actually improves when the focus is on him, so this version of Cyke might be the most pathetic yet.

Part of the problem with this is how the cartoon got some of his traits and gave them to Wolverine, which's just weird when Wolverine has so much to be used already, and this is something X-Men Evolution did too, but there is the difference that X-Men Evolution gave him other traits to make him a more balanced character (Even if he's still not a particularly impressive character), meanwhile, WATXM gave Wolverine some of Cyke's best traits, unlike Evolution, did not balance out the rest of the cast, so Wolverine got most of the glory (Which, given the name, is not surprising), and Cyke in particular, he lost his best traits, and his bad traits are all that remained, maybe even amplified, so all that's left is an adaptation of Cyclops who's the most annoying X-Men character in the cartoon, with maybe Rogue being a "good" competition for that title.

This was a good scene:

In Xmen: TAS, Beast and Spidey had a nice dynamic of shared nerdity.

I doubt he was made to be a manchild to be relatable, the intention is for Cyke to be a hero who lost his way, and to eventually go back, and some episodes even help with this when he's not the focus, the episode where they have to save Storm has him getting over himself to help, actually helping to defeat her (She was being controlled by Shadow King), and another episode near the end has him giving alright orders for Wolverine to complete his part of the mission, problem is, stuff like that is minimal and the second one in particular is hard to notice if you're not paying attention, and the episodes that focus on him have him pretty much only whining about Jean, and it gets worse when we get a flashback episode, since the cartoon has some characters like Kitty talk like he was great before, but, when we see how he was at the beginning, he was pathetic back then too...

The intention of making him worse to become better just doesn't work if they show that he was always bad, and it gets worse when he never actually improves when the focus is on him, so this version of Cyke might be the most pathetic yet.

Part of the problem with this is how the cartoon got some of his traits and gave them to Wolverine, which's just weird when Wolverine has so much to be used already, and this is something X-Men Evolution did too, but there is the difference that X-Men Evolution gave him other traits to make him a more balanced character (Even if he's still not a particularly impressive character), meanwhile, WATXM gave Wolverine some of Cyke's best traits, unlike Evolution, did not balance out the rest of the cast, so Wolverine got most of the glory (Which, given the name, is not surprising), and Cyke in particular, he lost his best traits, and his bad traits are all that remained, maybe even amplified, so all that's left is an adaptation of Cyclops who's the most annoying X-Men character in the cartoon, with maybe Rogue being a "good" competition for that title.
    Good points. I'd say that if Wolverine & the X-Men had gotten that second season like was being teased at the end with the Age of Apocalypse-style flashforward, he could have benefited from a rebuild of his character.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This was a good scene:

In Xmen: TAS, Beast and Spidey had a nice dynamic of shared nerdity.
    It sure was.

"So, there appears to be a keen scientific mind behind that garish mask."

"Takes one to know one, eh, Blue Boy?"

Astonishing Member

Good points. I'd say that if Wolverine & the X-Men had gotten that second season like was being teased at the end with the Age of Apocalypse-style flashforward, he could have benefited from a rebuild of his character.

It sure was.

"So, there appears to be a keen scientific mind behind that garish mask."

"Takes one to know one, eh, Blue Boy?"
    It would be cool to see Peter and Hank McCoy work together as they should have done in 1963. Hank should had been one of Peter's best friends, besides Johnny Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    It would be cool to see Peter and Hank McCoy work together as they should have done in 1963. Hank should had been one of Peter's best friends, besides Johnny Storm.
    Yeah, that would have been cool. They could have been friendly scientific rivals like how Spidey and Johnny were constantly pranking and ribbing each other but would always have each other's backs when the chips were down. Sadly, given where Hank's character has gone in the last decade or so . . .