Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    For sure, the Avengers definitely has a hierarchy.

Stark and Rogers are the leaders for sure I mean they even pay heroes for their membership

So membership for some is purely transactional, which I don't think the Justice League ever did. I mean I know Bruce pays for operational costs, but I don't think he writes a check to Wonder Woman.
    Most members of the League don't need the money. Peter absolutely does need financial aid a lot of the time. We both know Tony would be getting crap from fans if he didn't help his friends. There's just no winning with some people.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Most members of the League don't need the money. Peter absolutely does need financial aid a lot of the time. We both know Tony would be getting crap from fans if he didn't help his friends. There's just no winning with some people.
    But he's not "helping" if he truly wanted to help Tony can easily buy Peter a paid off house and a lab to work out of.

And I am referring to "in-story" and not a meta-analysis I don't know if there are "fans" in story that Tony is getting crap from.

In the caption it clearly states: When called, they each came for different reasons. and for Peter it is getting paid.

In Justice League and DC in general it is very rare that the heroes financial woes are examined, but since Marvel takes place in a "real" world money always comes up.

steve tony and thor can barely stay together in the same book for two seconds, in the current run they might as well not be there at all
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

But he's not "helping" if he truly wanted to help Tony can easily buy Peter a paid off house and a lab to work out of.
    What's the difference?

What's the difference?
    In the panel he is going to pay him for services rendered: e.g. superhero shenanigans

When I work at McDonald's they aren't "helping" me they are paying me for my services e.g. flipping burgers
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 11-23-2020 at 12:35 AM.

In the panel he is going to pay him for services rendered: e.g. superhero shenanigans
    Well I hardly see why that is a bad thing. Regardless, Peter is getting help for his financial situation.

Well I hardly see why that is a bad thing. Regardless, Peter is getting help for his financial situation.
    Agent Z, I think we're two ships in the ocean missing each other's point.

That's exactly what I'm saying, because Peter is being paid we shouldn't compare the Avengers with the Justice League. Both teams operate for two different reasons and this is why Spidey tends to get the short shrift in Avengers books: he's the poor wise cracking neighborhood hero who can barely pay rent.

Agent Z, I think we're two ships in the ocean missing each other's point.

That's exactly what I'm saying, because Peter is being paid we shouldn't compare the Avengers with the Justice League. Both teams operate for two different reasons and this is why Spidey tends to get the short shrift in Avengers books: he's the poor wise cracking neighborhood hero who can barely pay rent.
    But he's like that in his own book. In fact, some fans are vocally opposed to Peter being anything but that.

Astonishing Member

But he's like that in his own book. In fact, some fans are vocally opposed to Peter being anything but that.
    There is so much that Peter Parker could contribute to The Avengers, such as developing the team's individual equipment that's unique to their powers and getting paid for it. Peter is master inventor, which could be useful to the team.

What bothers me is the fact that Jennifer Walters and Peter Parker are members of the Avengers and Fantastic Four. Yet they have never worked together on the same team. Peter and Jennifer have the potential to become one of the best partnerships around if they are on the same Avengers team together. It's sad that none of the respective writers of Captain Marvel, Spider-Woman, and The Avengers has Peter Parker as a guest in their stories. Peter Parker should have been a part of Carol Danvers future timeline story where her counterpart died. That was a huge disappointment because it might had been fun to see Spider-Man helping the team of that dystopian future timeline.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-23-2020 at 03:25 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

We Don't Always Get What We Want
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    We Don't Always Get What We Want
    True. That's why some of them(who are able to get what they want) work for Marvel. This way, everything's is legal to talk to them about before the ideas are published.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-23-2020 at 03:27 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    There is so much that Peter Parker could contribute to The Avengers, such as developing the team's individual equipment that's unique to their powers and getting paid for it. Peter is master inventor, which could be useful to the team.
    Just as any other smart character or detective is bantha poodoo whenever Batman is on the team, so too will Peter never get a chance to strut his smarts and be 'team inventor' when people like Tony and Reed are sucking up all the 'smart guy' oxygen in the room. I would love to see a book where he's the science-whiz, but it would have to be a team with no Tony, no T'Challa, no Hank McCoy, no Hank Pym, no Reed, no Adam Brashear, etc. 'cause it's 'the smart guy' and 'everybody else.'

(And yes, it's always the smart guy. About forty dudes have to turn it down before one of the lady science-bros like Moondragon or Mockingbird or Toni Ho get a shot at the crown.)

All-New Member

So you're saying the JLA has a smaller cast? Really? Have you seen them lately?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

There is so much that Peter Parker could contribute to The Avengers, such as developing the team's individual equipment that's unique to their powers and getting paid for it.
    Ah yes. Peter proclaims he's discovered a new class of particles which he names after himself, "Parker Particles", only to be put in his place when Reed Richards tells him he already discovered them years ago. In his own title.

https://scienceofreedrichards.tumblr...ticles-amazing
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    As someone else said, this is legit the best CBR post on this topic. Well done! *clap clap*

I actually didn't realize it until reading this...Peter is a horrible team player.

It might actually be his one unaddressed character flaw. It's Spider-Man's version of "Batman is actually a horrible father if you think about it but no writer ever addresses it or if they do it's very brief."

And honestly, it should be addressed. A teenage Spider-Man having this issue is fine...but 25+ Spider-Man not being able to function in teams (forget joining one...simply functioning in one) is arguably irresponsible of Peter.
    Surprised this thread is making some realize Spidey ain't that good as a team player lol.

I think it'd be fine for him to keep such a flaw of not being that good in teams, 'cause Spidey by himself is already a super flexible character, bringing that flexibility by making him be as competent in a team as he is by himself is a lot, can make him look perfect, and I'd be less interested in him being perfect.

Why should he have the "tech guy" role when most tools he makes are so particular to him? Even more so considering there are other characters more fitting for that role, he'd be more fitting to be a smart guy on field type, which is what he did in for example, Avengers#237.

Even then, you'd have to find a way to make him look different from Tony, who's also the smart guy on field type, and has way more advanced tech to see what's going on, and is arguably more intelligent than Peter too, yeah... Putting him on a team is complicated, best thing Spidey has going on for him is how much he's a jack of all trades, which works better when he's by himself than when he's on a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Ah yes. Peter proclaims he's discovered a new class of particles which he names after himself, "Parker Particles", only to be put in his place when Reed Richards tells him he already discovered them years ago. In his own title.

https://scienceofreedrichards.tumblr...ticles-amazing
    Parker Particles being able to surpass Hulk, Sentry and the fuckin' Phoenix Force... That's the kind of overpowered nonsense from some fanfiction **** lol.