Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

If this is the end it was a hell of a ride, one well worth the price of admission. Still, the Superior one left us too soon...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    What is with Mephisto in spider storylines would that set up event where Mephisto gets to be the big bad and a power boost?
    Mephisto's dialogue is important. He seems less concerned about making an actual deal with Otto than he is about removing the "taint" of Peter Parker from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Oh hey status quo, I didn't miss you.
    Me either this is lame

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Me either this is lame
    same here, oh well........

Hurray for a return to mediocrity, to an era when Otto was irrelevant for decades......

iMan 42s

I mean I'll still pick it up, the book is already cancelled so what harm is it going to do? But throwing out this incarnation of Spider-man feels very dumb. I don't understand the mindset given that Lee is dead and thus can't have an influence on the book as well the incarnation is either 60 or 70's and it's currently 2019. I mean at least hold onto Superior Octopus to take advantage of the reboot.

Is it just fate for Spiders to have their own special kind of OMD?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I mean I'll still pick it up, the book is already cancelled so what harm is it going to do? But throwing out this incarnation of Spider-man feels very dumb. I don't understand the mindset given that Lee is dead and thus can't have an influence on the book as well the incarnation is either 60 or 70's and it's currently 2019. I mean at least hold onto Superior Octopus to take advantage of the reboot.

Is it just fate for Spiders to have their own special kind of OMD?
    I hope this is a fake-out. We'll find out next issue.

Oh hey status quo, I didn't miss you.
    Not exactly the status quo, he now has the love of 2 women.

And, assuming next issue goes well, he would have finally defeated Norman Osborn (and technically Spider-Man).

Oh God he'll be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    same here, oh well........

Hurray for a return to mediocrity, to an era when Otto was irrelevant for decades......
    We couldn't even have an ounce of nuance to it either, like he reverts to his old self but keeps the Superior Octopus look. No we go full on back to the original. I know they're going for that his character developed to the point of sacrificing the better man he had become to save those he cares about but it's rendered kinda moot when he loses every bit of his character development to just become his old self again. God, it's literally Infamous Iron Man all over again.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    We couldn't even have an ounce of nuance to it either, like he reverts to his old self but keeps the Superior Octopus look. No we go full on back to the original. I know they're going for that his character developed to the point of sacrificing the better man he had become to save those he cares about but it's rendered kinda moot when he loses every bit of his character development to just become his old self again. God, it's literally Infamous Iron Man all over again.
    And now they know my pain.

With a little hope if this reversion sticks around nobody starts talking about batteries.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I'm pretty certain that this is a major fake out of epic proportions. It's too obvious to be perfectly honest. Even during Clone conspiracy they couldn't COMPLETELY get rid of his development.

And Otto is too smart for this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Junco View Post
    Not exactly the status quo, he now has the love of 2 women.

And, assuming next issue goes well, he would have finally defeated Norman Osborn (and technically Spider-Man).

Oh God he'll be worse.
    Mephisto also gave him a healthy version of his old body as well. Otto always stated that his reasons for being a villain was a result of the explosion that grafted his mechanical arms to his body. That the radiation slowly ravaged his mind and body (getting smacked about by various heroes also didn't help.)

So, if Otto has taken the deal, we are dealing with one who is free from disease and should, for all intents and purposes, have mental clarity for the first time since his accident. Mephisto taunts him by saying "you have insisted, quite firmly, that those deeds (Otto's actions as a villain) were due to a mental disorder... caused by the accident that gave you your connect with your metal arms. I shall cure any such disease... If it exists."

When Otto hesitates, Mephisto mocks him further by saying, "Why the hesitation, Otto? I am simply asking you to bet on yourself. Or do you fear she's (Anna Maria) is right... And Parker is the only true hero here?"

We may get old school Otto back. But, if he is cured of any mental illness he had (providing it wasn't part of his character all along) then we will have a version of Otto that is more dangerous than ever. Because he will be seeing and thinking clearly. In fact, it could go either way at this point. He could return to straight up villainy, or he could morph into a anti-heroic figure akin to how Magneto is treated over in the X-Office.

Gage hasn't let us down so far but I'm really hoping this isn't just tossing all of Otto's development out of the window. He's been through a lot since ASM 600 and it'd be a shame to just wind up back where we started quite so soon. I mean, I always assumed we'd get old-school Otto back at some point, but.

That said, yes, it could be a misdirect. I'm just not anticipating that since we all know comics do frequent returns to their original status quo.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 09-25-2019 at 09:44 PM.

Gage hasn't let us down so far but I'm really hoping this isn't just tossing all of Otto's development out of the window. He's been through a lot since ASM 600 and it'd be a shame to just wind up back where we started quite so soon. I mean, I always assumed we'd get old-school Otto back at some point, but.

That said, yes, it could be a misdirect. I'm just not anticipating that since we all know comics do frequent returns to their original status quo.
    that's the tricky bit...it feels like a misdirect but..."comics"

on the one hand, it's nice to not know for once
    troo fan or death

gage is so good he even has us salty boomers trippin'
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Maybe Otto has learnt a additional trick or two from strange which will enable the change to last only for a specific period of time just as he intended regardless of Mephistos deal.