Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What are some of your left-field ideas for an X-team?

Either a new team, or an existing team getting members or retools to things you wouldn't expect. What ideas do you have?

Elsewhere someone suggested the idea of Kaine (a flawed clone of Spider-Man, with a different power set. Considered one of the few good things to come from the Clone Saga) joining the X-Force. I never even thought of it before, yet I like it. X-Force is a team of outsiders, consisting of violent anti-heroes willing to kill and do the dirty work. I feel like Kaine would fit in pretty well given that he's a violent anti-hero on the outside. Him not being a mutant could factor in the plot, with him being on the outside even with his teammates. Plus, Marvel hasn't done a whole lot with Kaine as of late.

The only real hurdle is getting Kaine to organically fit the new status quo, what with the whole "Krakoa doesn't allow any non-mutants whatsoever" thing that's currently the norm before whatever the event Hickman is building up to. X-Force, like other X-teams, have had non-mutants among their ranks in the past (Doop, Deadpool, Hepzibah, Fantomex, Spiral, and Deathlok immediately come to mind) so him not being a mutant wouldn't be an issue for the most part if the mutants shutting out non-mutants completely wasn't currently happening.

Anyways, what ideas do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Anyways, what ideas do you have?
    Crab People
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Here's a original characters mutant team
    Cerberus Man- downloads person's skills and abilities into his brain
    The Murmur: can kill anyone by Murmuring
    Back To Back - The freak who cannot turn his back on you as he is a two twin conjoined into one mutant
    The Cultist: soaks up feelings of cultism and gains strength and invulnerability from it.
    The Incomprehensible: IT IS
    Last edited by Desmark; 09-22-2019 at 12:41 AM.

I've always thought it would be cool to link the power of Cyclops with Cyttorak. It is a red and unstoppable force that can only be controlled with a quartz ruby. It could explain occasions when Cyclops has been able to do things with his powers that don't seem to make much sense, like harming Dormammu.He could make a cool team with Cain Marko, Colossus and Illyana.

I would like an Apocalypse and the Horsemen book with its original Horsemen. To also solve all the seeds, Archangel, Apoc twins stuff.

Starjammers could be fun. The mutant answer to the Guardians of the Galaxy. Add some people with space connections like Cannonball and Ariel to the Havok, Polaris and Rachel team and I'd buy that. Adam X too for that Sh'iar prince thing and the lols.

Krakoan diplomatic team with Charles, Magneto, Polaris, Emma, Beast and Ororo. The X-Ambassadors. Like with a House of Cards tone, with them travelling around the world, making connections, manipulating politicians and dealing with pharmaceutical magnates (throw Sublime in it as the villain trying to manufacture his own Krakoan drugs).

Ultimate Member

The loser mutants of the Mutant Force / Resistants (Peeper/Occult, mysteriously not dead again, Lifter/Meteorite, Burner/Crucible, Slither, Paralyzer/Shocker, Mist Mistress, etc.) try to rebrand themselves as an X-team, without actually seeking the approval or consent of the *actual* X-Men, and become sort of the Great Lakes Avengers of the X-verse.

Add Shortpack

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Krakoan diplomatic team with Charles, Magneto, Polaris, Emma, Beast and Ororo. The X-Ambassadors. Like with a House of Cards tone, with them travelling around the world, making connections, manipulating politicians and dealing with pharmaceutical magnates (throw Sublime in it as the villain trying to manufacture his own Krakoan drugs).
    That would be my dream come true

Dust on either Excalibur, Fallen Angels or X-force.

Pei from Iron Fist attending Jean Grey school. Im not sure what she would do now.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-22-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Ricochet on X-Force is a bit of an out there choice, seeing as he's never been in an X-book. But I think his powerset would fit well.

X-Force, like other X-teams, have had non-mutants among their ranks in the past (Doop, Deadpool, Hepzibah, Fantomex, Spiral, and Deathlok immediately come to mind) so him not being a mutant wouldn't be an issue for the most part if the mutants shutting out non-mutants completely wasn't currently happening.
    I think Si Spurrier's X-Force established Fantomex is a mutant.

I don't think that does anything to undermine your point though.

No, Morrison's run pretty well established that he isn't a true mutant, and he's even been called that. Grant Morrison was the one who created Fantomex to begin with, so it's safe to say he's not a mutant. His backstory is being an artificial mutate/sentinel hybrid with three brains, but not a mutant. he was on the outside of the X-Force alongside Deadpool specifically for not being a mutant.

I think he's only been called a mutant by mistake. It's like when Scott Lobdell tried to suggest Mimic was actually a mutant, even though he's not.

Bring back The Resistants.

Make an X-team of existing Mutants that aren’t usually used in X-books

No, Morrison's run pretty well established that he isn't a true mutant, and he's even been called that. Grant Morrison was the one who created Fantomex to begin with, so it's safe to say he's not a mutant. His backstory is being an artificial mutate/sentinel hybrid with three brains, but not a mutant. he was on the outside of the X-Force alongside Deadpool specifically for not being a mutant.
    Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 7.51.42 PM.jpg

For good or ill, creator's intent isn't exactly a deciding factor when it comes to what is and isn't canon. What matters is what's in the books, no matter who wrote them, and often when the books were released. If X-Force 2014 says Fantomex is a mutant and nothing has backpedaled on that since, it's safe to assume he's been retconned as a mutant.

I think he's only been called a mutant by mistake. It's like when Scott Lobdell tried to suggest Mimic was actually a mutant, even though he's not.
    House of X #5 just pegged Mimic as a mutant, actually.

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 7.53.37 PM.jpg

To be fair, the creators often can't keep it straight or use loose definitions instead of the strictest one. That "every mutant ever" poster had Mr. Sinister, well established as not being an actual mutant (he was a baseline human scientist empowered by Apocalypse, and gained further abilities via experimentation). Nothing indicates Fantomex is a mutant outside of that, and his entire backstory is NOT being a mutant, he's been referred to as not being a true mutant, his powers are not related to mutation, and his friendship with Deadpool stemmed from the two being on the outs in the mutant world. Same with Mimic, as his backstory was being mutated by chemicals.

Anyways, this seems like a discussion for an altogether different topic.

^^^interesting topic, though!

Much as I like building teams, the thing w. The X-Books is, they’ve pretty much done everything.
    Outside the original/traditional team (that’s been split and restructured in different ways), they’ve had strike teams, covert teams, time and space hopping teams, all female teams, teen teams, baby teams, legacy teams/alt reality teams, international teams, frikkin’’ detective agencies, they even co-opted the New Warriors name I believe...hard to find a fresh take.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 09-23-2019 at 12:38 PM.