Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Teresa Parker Appreciation Thread - little sister comes home.

I love the possibilities of this character. Love that after Family Business they confirmed that she is Peter's sister. And really hope no one comes along and says "wait a minute...no she isn't...because I didn't like the concept."

The one thing I did not like....when she showed up in SSM and got her wings...they did not give her a mask or codename so when they went after Kingpin he saw who she was.

Spectacular Member

I want her to meet the clones. Peter will have such a hard time explaining himself

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    I want her to meet the clones. Peter will have such a hard time explaining himself
    Wow, she has a lot of brothers.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I love the possibilities of this character. Love that after Family Business they confirmed that she is Peter's sister. And really hope no one comes along and says "wait a minute...no she isn't...because I didn't like the concept."

The one thing I did not like....when she showed up in SSM and got her wings...they did not give her a mask or codename so when they went after Kingpin he saw who she was.
    I can't stop thinking about her 616's version of "Ultimate Spider-Woman". With arachnid powers, she would be a real "Spy-der".

I'll admit I was shocked with her return, I thought that nobody after Zdarsky would want to use her for a decade at best, at worst being thrown into limbo.

I wish we could've seen her first meeting with aunt May though, since in ASM#29 they already known each other, of course, the first meeting shouldn't happen there, the issue is about Peter and MJ's relationship, and Teresa is just used to screw Peter's plans and build up on what Chameleon is planning.

Yeah, you'd think that a secret agent would try to be more secretive and not let people recognize her, hell, her sloppiness at hiding her face gave some trouble to Peter in Spectacular, since her being recognized lead to those SHIELD agents finding where she is and she had to hide briefly in Peter's apartment.

I like to imagine that she would look at them and start to wonder how many kids Richard and Mary were making in secret, and wonder how many more might be around

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I can't stop thinking about her 616's version of "Ultimate Spider-Woman". With arachnid powers, she would be a real "Spy-der".
    Honestly, I don't even like her having those wings, she was pretty cool in Family Business by just being a decent secret agent, giving her those wings makes her less of a "badass normal" (She still is that, just that having those wings makes her less "normal"), and I'd be even more opposed to her getting super powers, much less Spider-related ones, for me that's too obvious and boring.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I'll admit I was shocked with her return, I thought that nobody after Zdarsky would want to use her for a decade at best, at worst being thrown into limbo.

I wish we could've seen her first meeting with aunt May though, since in ASM#29 they already known each other, of course, the first meeting shouldn't happen there, the issue is about Peter and MJ's relationship, and Teresa is just used to screw Peter's plans and build up on what Chameleon is planning.

Yeah, you'd think that a secret agent would try to be more secretive and not let people recognize her, hell, her sloppiness at hiding her face gave some trouble to Peter in Spectacular, since her being recognized lead to those SHIELD agents finding where she is and she had to hide briefly in Peter's apartment.
    Would have loved the meeting with May to have been seen and that she finds out Teresa is her niece. Maybe May could have pulled out some old photo albums and showed her all she could about the her parents and maybe we see that Teresa looks like her maternal grand mother.

And Teresa was not just a spy...but was on the run after committing treason by stealing the info on superheroes. You would think some sort of disguise would be in order considering the modern surveillance state.

Haha, yeah that's a good point. Could Ben and Kaine be considered his "brothers" in a way?

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I don't even like her having those wings, she was pretty cool in Family Business by just being a decent secret agent, giving her those wings makes her less of a "badass normal" (She still is that, just that having those wings makes her less "normal"), and I'd be even more opposed to her getting super powers, much less Spider-related ones, for me that's too obvious and boring.
    Really, haven't you forgotten the world of Assassin Spider-Man? With proper training, Peter's powers allowed him to become the ultimate spy/black-ops agent. He even defeated quite easy Natasha Romanov, who is one of the world's top fighters.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Would have loved the meeting with May to have been seen and that she finds out Teresa is her niece. Maybe May could have pulled out some old photo albums and showed her all she could about the her parents and maybe we see that Teresa looks like her maternal grand mother.

And Teresa was not just a spy...but was on the run after committing treason by stealing the info on superheroes. You would think some sort of disguise would be in order considering the modern surveillance state.
    Technically, she stole that info from a rogue branch of S.H.I.E.L.D. that was plotting to take down superheroes along with supervillains.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Haha, yeah that's a good point. Could Ben and Kaine be considered his "brothers" in a way?
    They certainly consider each other as such, though Peter disowned Ben for his actions in The Clone Conspiracy, especially in the climax, dismissing him as "another lunatic in a mask."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The organisation pursuing her was itself rogue, considering they were part of SHIELD and should've disbanded. Maybe that's why she's already out of jail (she turned herself in at the end of Spec) - there was nobody left to press charges, so she was released!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, she stole that info from a rogue branch of S.H.I.E.L.D. that was plotting to take down superheroes along with supervillains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The organisation pursuing her was itself rogue, considering they were part of SHIELD and should've disbanded. Maybe that's why she's already out of jail (she turned herself in at the end of Spec) - there was nobody left to press charges, so she was released!
    But at the time the authorities were persuesing her as a traitor....and would do whatever it takes to get her. My point though is more about how she should have been smart enough to put on a mask considering the situation...and that they were going after Fisk.

Yeah, not her proudest moment.

Like, if they managed to figure out who she is despite her attempts at a disguise, then hey, too bad, but she would have tried, but she was just being incompetent there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Really, haven't you forgotten the world of Assassin Spider-Man? With proper training, Peter's powers allowed him to become the ultimate spy/black-ops agent. He even defeated quite easy Natasha Romanov, who is one of the world's top fighters.
    I haven't read that, but that doesn't matter for my point, I'm talking about Teresa, not Peter, and how I prefer for her to be a badass normal and not have some weird ****, and that I find her wings to be weird, but hey, works okay, but giving her powers is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Well yeah, but she was still being labelled as a criminal since they haven't figured out that there was a SHIELD branch trying to take down super heroes yet.

They certainly consider each other as such, though Peter disowned Ben for his actions in The Clone Conspiracy, especially in the climax, dismissing him as "another lunatic in a mask."
    On the other hand, after the events of Spider-Geddon, it's possible for them to eventualy be on speaking terms again, although I really would prefer if Peter doesn't forgive him too fast, or off-screen.

Extraordinary Member

I haven't read that, but that doesn't matter for my point, I'm talking about Teresa, not Peter, and how I prefer for her to be a badass normal and not have some weird ****, and that I find her wings to be weird, but hey, works okay, but giving her powers is too much.
    But is she a badass normal with a wing suit like Falcon's or a badass normal with a strength enhancing wingsuit like Vulture's? Falcon's just lets him fly...Vulture's gives him peak human strength.

My real issue is that I do not want her to be another spider...just because she is his sister does not mean she has to have the same power-set.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 09-22-2019 at 07:13 PM.

But is she a badass normal with a wing suit like Falcon's or a badass normal with a strength enhancing wingsuit like Vulture's? Falcon's just lets him fly...Vulture's gives him peak human strength.
    It's like Falcon's:

Would be weird if it was anything like Vulture's, considering they went for Tinkerer's "brother", who worked in high tech stuff, imagine if the most advanced wings he could make were like Vulture's?

Just realized, Tinkerer made the wings for her, but never made anything to use them against her, or even throw them away when she was captured lol.

My real issue is that I do not want her to be another spider...just because she is his sister does not mean she has to have the same power-set.
    Yeah, I would honestly prefer if she could be different from Peter, and be a different kind of supporting character, staying more grounded, metaphoricaly and literaly, do some spy stuff which could give Spidey a different way to track down enemies, which is what happened with Chameleon, though it could detail how she tracks, and maybe just have her not being in fights as much, being more sneaky and whatnot, but maybe that's just me.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 09-23-2019 at 06:30 AM.

It's a good job only T'Challa and Riri were around to hear Teresa call Spider-Man her brother. If there were any non-supers around that would threaten Peter's secret identity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman