Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's a good job only T'Challa and Riri were around to hear Teresa call Spider-Man her brother. If there were any non-supers around that would threaten Peter's secret identity.
    While she is not shown to be whispering...they could have been far enough away to have not heard her.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's a good job only T'Challa and Riri were around to hear Teresa call Spider-Man her brother. If there were any non-supers around that would threaten Peter's secret identity.
    More or less, she's still known to the public at large as "Teresa Durand", we even see that in Spectacular#308, so if she's talking about about a brother, then they'd search for another "Durand", of course, one could also deduce that Peter is her brother because he was associated with her, but Gray Blade only associated them because Spidey was seen helping her out, so they suspected that Peter may be endorsing Spidey's actions, and if they investigated Peter's family tree for some reason, they'll likely not find her, since Richard and Mary kept her birth a secret, only Fisk may or may not have found out that she really is his sister.

Edit: Then again, Fisk did throw some paper trail out there that related Peter to Teresa during Family Business, as that guy who used to be Richard and Mary's mission control guy point out that only very recently he learned that the Parkers had another kid (He didn't believe it since he made that DNA test, but it's because he knew the Parkers and was suspicious of Teresa, the paper trailis still out there and it'd be good enough for anyone else)... Now I'm wondering if Fisk made it up, or found the real deal and just made it public.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 09-23-2019 at 06:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Still no mask!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Still no mask!!!!

Considering that she's not wanted anymore, and the issue earlier shows her Clark Kenting:

I guess she just doesn't want to wear one at this point lol.

Edit: Also, I just realized, ASM screwed up her eye colors, in Family Business, once Mentallo's influence on her appearance is gone, we see her eyes are blue, this is something they keep in Zdarsky's Spectacular run, but in both ASM#29 and #32, her eyes are green.

Seems to be a thing with women in Spidey's world I guess, same thing happened with MJ and Felicia lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-23-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Considering that she's not wanted anymore, and the issue earlier shows her Clark Kenting:
    It's a spy thing, I guess.

Astonishing Member

The more time pass, the more I'm convinced Teresa is based on "Ultimate Jessica Drew"; as a female clone of Peter, she's her sister and has spy training.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    The more time pass, the more I'm convinced Teresa is based on "Ultimate Jessica Drew"; as a female clone of Peter, she's her sister and has spy training.
    Hopefully they don't go further than that, she's better off without super powers, much less Spider-based ones.

Astonishing Member

Hopefully they don't go further than that, she's better off without super powers, much less Spider-based ones.
    Pal, I never said a character has to have powers to rock, but they really help a character to survive in a crazy universe like Marvel. Besides, that would open a lot of possibilities. Just imagine, scratch that, during the animated "Spider Island" from "Marvel's Spider-Man", Black Widow gained spider-powers; and if you saw the episode, then you can't deny she really evolved in that episode. She alread had the name of a spider, so having spider-powers were in order.

Arrow

Pal, I never said a character has to have powers to rock, but they really help a character to survive in a crazy universe like Marvel. Besides, that would open a lot of possibilities. Just imagine, scratch that, during the animated "Spider Island" from "Marvel's Spider-Man", Black Widow gained spider-powers; and if you saw the episode, then you can't deny she really evolved in that episode. She alread had the name of a spider, so having spider-powers were in order.
    I did write the first few chapters of an AU story in which Peter and Teresa grow up together and both get bitten by the Spider (she replaces Silk as its second "victim"). Feel free to check it out. Be warned I haven't updated the series in forever -

Siblings of the Web

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1289322...ngs-Of-The-Web
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Just keep her with the wing suit...and give her a mask and codename. Kind of a kick ass female version of Falcon.

Just because someone is in Spidey's circle gets super'ed...does not mean they need spider powers or symbiotes. While I liked Flash as Venom...making him Anti-Venom just seemed to be a bit forced. Would feel the same way if they gave Teresa spider-mojo.

Pal, I never said a character has to have powers to rock, but they really help a character to survive in a crazy universe like Marvel.
    I haven't said you said she needed to have powers, just that since they have those similarities, they keep it at that and don't go further.

And while in-universe having powers could help a character survive, out-of-universe, not so much, just ask all the Spider-Women.

Besides, that would open a lot of possibilities. Just imagine, scratch that, during the animated "Spider Island" from "Marvel's Spider-Man", Black Widow gained spider-powers; and if you saw the episode, then you can't deny she really evolved in that episode. She alread had the name of a spider, so having spider-powers were in order.
    I don't watch that cartoon, so I dunno what they did with Natasha there, but even then, I don't think Natasha would need powers just because she has a spider-related name, she already has her gimmick of being spy, which is good enough, writers need to focus on making her a good character, super powers won't help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I did write the first few chapters of an AU story in which Peter and Teresa grow up together and both get bitten by the Spider (she replaces Silk as its second "victim"). Feel free to check it out. Be warned I haven't updated the series in forever -

Siblings of the Web

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1289322...ngs-Of-The-Web
    Oh yeah, you write fanfictions, you ever reached 50 of 'em? Or is it 100 now?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Just keep her with the wing suit...and give her a mask and codename. Kind of a kick ass female version of Falcon.

Just because someone is in Spidey's circle gets super'ed...does not mean they need spider powers or symbiotes. While I liked Flash as Venom...making him Anti-Venom just seemed to be a bit forced. Would feel the same way if they gave Teresa spider-mojo.
    Yeah, I felt like Flash as Anti-Venom was forced too.

But then again, I felt like the idea of Anti-Venom itself was forced since the first time I heard of it lol.

Also it's weird they got rid of her guns, but then again, she barely used them in Zdarsky's spectacular... Think after dealing with Fisk they weren't used, even if she was shown with them.

So I noticed one thing, while Teresa is a secret agent and carries guns, we don't actually know what are her thoughts on killing.

We've only seen her trying to kill twice:

Family Business:

https://i.imgur.com/TzsnxC0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LGxP9qE.jpg

ASM#33

https://i.imgur.com/qmcA7Mg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HiToIjy.jpg

When she was aiming at Fisk, it's vague if she was going to shoot him or not, since the art of her holding the gun is the same, and her facial expression is still fierce, and Fisk interrupts her before she can reach a decision, and on Sable, it's vague if she knew she was an LMD or not.

So that's establishing that at least she considers to kill if she's pissed at someone.

On the other hand, we have her killing mercenaries in Family Business:

https://i.imgur.com/2nw0yqs.jpg

Maybe she's killing them because it's part of the job, maybe it's in self defense.

Though it's also worth pointing out that neither in Zdarsky's run, or Spencer's run up until she shoots Sable's LMD, she didn't try to kill anyone, in fact, in Zdarsky's run she was using those guns with non-lethal ammo, so maybe she listened to Peter and is avoiding to kill, or will still do it if she feels she has to, if Spencer is still gonna use her, maybe he could confirm this and use it to develop her, 'cause at this point her personality is basically "Secret agent, wants revenge if someone makes her suffer, cherishes Peter", which is really barebones lol.

... so where did Teresa grow up, exactly? if she's younger, then... Ben and May never knew about her?

So I noticed one thing, while Teresa is a secret agent and carries guns, we don't actually know what are her thoughts on killing.

We've only seen her trying to kill twice:

Family Business:

https://i.imgur.com/TzsnxC0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LGxP9qE.jpg

ASM#33

https://i.imgur.com/qmcA7Mg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HiToIjy.jpg

When she was aiming at Fisk, it's vague if she was going to shoot him or not, since the art of her holding the gun is the same, and her facial expression is still fierce, and Fisk interrupts her before she can reach a decision, and on Sable, it's vague if she knew she was an LMD or not.

So that's establishing that at least she considers to kill if she's pissed at someone.

On the other hand, we have her killing mercenaries in Family Business:

https://i.imgur.com/2nw0yqs.jpg

Maybe she's killing them because it's part of the job, maybe it's in self defense.

Though it's also worth pointing out that neither in Zdarsky's run, or Spencer's run up until she shoots Sable's LMD, she didn't try to kill anyone, in fact, in Zdarsky's run she was using those guns with non-lethal ammo, so maybe she listened to Peter and is avoiding to kill, or will still do it if she feels she has to, if Spencer is still gonna use her, maybe he could confirm this and use it to develop her, 'cause at this point her personality is basically "Secret agent, wants revenge if someone makes her suffer, cherishes Peter", which is really barebones lol.
    I mean, I think as an agent she probably is trained to kill and might even have done it at this point, and it would make an interesting contrast with Peter...although, I dunno, I don't think their parents ever killed anyone so maybe it's just in the Parker blood to be non-lethal unless really pushed to the brink.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... so where did Teresa grow up, exactly? if she's younger, then... Ben and May never knew about her?
    She's said a few times that she's the younger sister.

Ben and May didn't know about her, Spectacular#302 has Fury saying that Richard and Mary started to get paranoid and keep secrets from everyone, even people they used to trust, never specified why they got paranoid though.

As for where she grew up, good question, they didn't bother to explain where Teresa was as a kid, and considering that Richard and Mary were being double agents against Red Skull, and then they died when he found out and put a bomb in their plane, she obviously wasn't anywhere near that plane, I think she was somewhere in America, but who knows, there's a lot about her that needs explanations, and where the hell they put her while they were getting bombed is one of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I think as an agent she probably is trained to kill and might even have done it at this point, and it would make an interesting contrast with Peter...although, I dunno, I don't think their parents ever killed anyone so maybe it's just in the Parker blood to be non-lethal unless really pushed to the brink.
    We don't see much of Richard and Mary, I think only Untold Tales#-1 really shows 'em at length, and while they carry guns (Or at least Richard does), it doesn't really look like they go for the kill, twice we see them using a gas, but at least by the second one, they mention it's not lethal, on the other hand, when that boat explodes, and they escape that building on fire, they don't mention the possible people who could've died, so at least, while they avoided killing as far as we were shown, they didn't seem to care if the villains died.

And yeah, Teresa almost definitely killed at least in Family Business when she shot those mercernaries, but what I'm interested at are her thoughts on killing, and that's also something that Spidey should know, since he has a pretty strict no-kill rule, so showing her thoughts on that and Peter's reaction would be good to develop their relationship some more, and hopefully if she does kill, it has to be if she really feels like she has no choice for Peter to still want to be around her, Peter doesn't like Punisher because he's so kill happy, and I don't like Peter's friendship with Wolverine because Wolverine doesn't mind killing, so Teresa would need to be at a level where she'd rather not to at least to still have a good relationship with him, but unlike him, still be willing, just not too willing.

Hopefully if they develop this and say she's willing to kill at extreme circumstances, or something else which should be basically she kills but doesn't try doing it at any opportunity, that doesn't make a possible future writer miss the point, and turn her into "Punisher with boobs and a better ass", 'cause it's really annoying when some traits get flanderized, even more when a trait is flanderized to make a character edgy.