Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default difference between GL titles...

what's the difference between Hal Jordan GL Corps and THE Green Lantern by Grant Morrison? Is the Morrison one out of continuity?

Morrison's run is supposed to be canon, from what I know he's just kinda doing his own thing with Hal. the difference between the two is Hal & Pals was supposed to be the Green Lantern Corp book while the Green Lantern drops the Corp (or maybe just the earth Lanterns and the big names, I don't keep up) and is explicitly a Hal Jordan book.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-22-2019 at 08:12 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

"Hal Jordan and the GLC" was centered on Hal, John, Guy and (eventually) Kyle. They barely showed the other GLC members in that one. That series ended, then "The Green Lantern" took over and is Hal's book. Morrison's book seems to be in continuity, not that it actually touches the rest of the DCU very much.

In Rebirth, there was two books, Green Lanterns starring Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz, and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps starring Hal, John Stewart, Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner. When GLC (known to fans as Hal and Pals) ended, there was one final arc in GLs starring everyone. After that, Morrison's GL run started starring only Hal, John went over to Justice League (which had previously had Jessica and Simon), Jessica joined Justice League Odyssey and Guy, Kyle and Simon were limboed.

So the difference between them is basically that Morrison's book replaced the others and focuses on Hal alone which the previous books didn't.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I would think with the Blackstars mini though, the other GLanterns will come out of Limbo