Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is there more than one Jean Grey?

Jean seems to be very important to this story. She seems tied to Cylobel given the colour palette of the character and the skirt. There's been talk of a "red headed" pretender, which seemed to be a reference to Madelyne but I am thinking we might actually have several Jean Grey's in this story.

I thought the line in the most recent issue with Jean was interesting about being the only Jean was a hint. Many people have stated that Jean feels off to so far and going back to "Marvel Girl" seems off. Another thing that seems important in story are duplicates of the X-Men and Jean has the first cloning storyline.

She's also the only character whose death was not expressly confirmed after their raid on Mother Mold. They made a point of stating they only "ressurect" a mutant when they are sure they are dead but Jean's TP could have gone black out when she was defending herself against the sentinels.

I think potentially we have the following:

- Regular Jean (hostage somewhere)
    - Sentinel captive Marvel Girl
    - Nu Clone Jean
    - Madelyne
    - Cylobel (modified clone)

Curious what people think about the possibility we might have multiple Jean Greys?
    Last edited by blanchett; 09-22-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Fantastic Member

That line was a reference to the Jean clones/derivatives we had over the years, specifically Maddie and the phoenix clone. These two became one with the original after Inferno, so that's why Jean said she was the only one there ever was.
    I seriously doubt Jean survived the sentinels' attack.

Quote Originally Posted by SerCo View Post
    That line was a reference to the Jean clones/derivatives we had over the years, specifically Maddie and the phoenix clone. These two became one with the original after Inferno, so that's why Jean said she was the only one there ever was.
    I seriously doubt Jean survived the sentinels' attack.
    I got that. I thought she was making a joke when they I remembered the red headed pretender comment. I also think someone has to be resurrected when they are already alive otherwise they wouldn't have made a point of saying they only do it once confirmed that the person was dead. I think it's possible Jean could have survived the Sentinel attack and was captured.

Xavier and the rest presumably felt her die as the connection was cut. I think Hickman is telling a linear story and we just have to take things how they come. For now, the Jean we have now is the only one there ever was.

"She has five thighs. How many do you see?"

"SHE HAS TWO! SHE HAS TWO THIGHS!"

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Xavier and the rest presumably felt her die as the connection was cut. I think Hickman is telling a linear story and we just have to take things how they come. For now, the Jean we have now is the only one there ever was.
    My understanding was that Jean had to maintain the connection herself. She's the omega level telepath. If she gets distracted with something like imminent death I can't see how she could maintain contact. In those circumstances it would be reasonable for them to assume death.

There's only 1. This is according to Krakoa law and Jean will be headlining the book where this law is enforced so unlikely Cylobel is basically Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    There's only 1. This is according to Krakoa law and Jean will be headlining the book where this law is enforced so unlikely Cylobel is basically Rachel
    That could be a big plot twist for X-Force. That the real Jean was not killed by the sentinels but she's alive and being held captive by Orchis and the one in the book is the doppelganger. It would make everything sooo complicated though.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    That could be a big plot twist for X-Force. That the real Jean was not killed by the sentinels but she's alive and being held captive by Orchis and the one in the book is the doppelganger. It would make everything sooo complicated though.
    Yeah there has to be at least one duplicate. If it's not Jean it needs to someone else. It has to go wrong somewhere.

The rule is you have to be confirmed dead or be missing from Cerebra for a month.

There must be a mutant who can Catelogue others like Caliban or the isolationist. So they can be used to confirm deaths. Also they started putting devices in mutants to kill themselves in the future

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The rule is you have to be confirmed dead or be missing from Cerebra for a month.

There must be a mutant who can Catelogue others like Caliban or the isolationist. So they can be used to confirm deaths. Also they started putting devices in mutants to kill themselves in the future
    This. The jean who went to mission is dead.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

but jean is an omega level mutant, she could be hiding somewere
    we can be heroes, just for one day

I'm pretty sure that we will get a duplicate in the future. It would make stuff delightfully complicated. And Jean being such a beloved, complex character would make for a great story.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    It would also be a nod to X-Force vol.1 where "Domino" was actually Copycat in disguise.

will the real Jean please...what if she doesn't know...how could she

let's ask the audience...

signs of a new life!

....when successful resurrection is confirmed by applause...
    lol.

x-men is fun again!
    Last edited by sungila; 09-22-2019 at 11:13 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote