Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batman cartoons

Astonishing Member

Default Batman cartoons

I have a question about Batman cartoons and I hope someone knows an answer.

To be clear, I am not talking about the animated moves like Batman: Hush or Batman: Bad Blood or Batman: Under the Red Hood. These are clearly designed for more mature audiences.

I am talking about:

• The Batman
    • Batman: the Brave and the Bold
    • Beware the Batman

I'll even include the Batman Unlimited cartoon movies and web shorts - since they were designed for a younger audiences.

My question: Anyone have any news about a new Batman cartoon in the works?

It feels like such a long time since we've had one.

thanks.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I have a question about Batman cartoons and I hope someone knows an answer.

To be clear, I am not talking about the animated moves like Batman: Hush or Batman: Bad Blood or Batman: Under the Red Hood. These are clearly designed for more mature audiences.

I am talking about:

• The Batman
    • Batman: the Brave and the Bold
    • Beware the Batman

I'll even include the Batman Unlimited cartoon movies and web shorts - since they were designed for a younger audiences.

My question: Anyone have any news about a new Batman cartoon in the works?

It feels like such a long time since we've had one.

thanks.
    No, but if you are looking for at least something with some "Batman Characters", as much as I don't care for its reboot and that they should have kept the original for as long as they could, there is DC Superhero Girls.

Not so long ago also, Justice League Action.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    No, but if you are looking for at least something with some "Batman Characters", as much as I don't care for its reboot and that they should have kept the original for as long as they could, there is DC Superhero Girls.

Not so long ago also, Justice League Action.
    Fun fact: Justice League Action began as them pitching another Batman cartoon until an executive shifted them into doing a Justice League cartoon to tie-in to the movie.

Although word of warning: DCSHG has fun takes on Batgirl and the female Bat-Villains, but quite possibly the worst take on Robin I have ever seen.

Empty is thy hand!

We almost had a No Man's Land cartoon
    https://jacobairey.blog/2019/09/21/n...e-it-launched/

Astonishing Member

Thanks to all who responded.

I figured if anyone had heard a rumor then that person probably posted on this board.

If no one heard anything, then it most probably doesn't exist.

Maybe they will turn Justice League Action back into a Batman cartoon. (I hope.)

I don't understand why we don't have another one right now. They have a whole platform and he's still selling like hot cakes.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have another one right now. They have a whole platform and he's still selling like hot cakes.
    DC Universe's standing is kind of dubious at this time, and they technically have the Harley Quinn series coming out.

Plus, it doesn't help that Cartoon Network still undermines the few action cartoons it gets. Remember the horrible way they treated Beware the Batman?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    DC Universe's standing is kind of dubious at this time, and they technically have the Harley Quinn series coming out.

Plus, it doesn't help that Cartoon Network still undermines the few action cartoons it gets. Remember the horrible way they treated Beware the Batman?
    I remember.

Not even Justice League Action was immune and you could see how they were trying to cater that show to CN's current target audience.

BANNED

Oh boy, that annoyed me.
    Beware The Batman would pretty be guaranteed another 2 or 3 seasons on any other channel because they'd realize they have a Batman show on their hands and market it out of the wazoo.
    It's times like this I miss stuff like Kid's WB, they would've treated those shows right.

Astonishing Member

This is another bummer.

A big reason I bought DC Universe is that I was certain the next Batman cartoon would be here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    Oh boy, that annoyed me.
    Beware The Batman would pretty be guaranteed another 2 or 3 seasons on any other channel because they'd realize they have a Batman show on their hands and market it out of the wazoo.
    It's times like this I miss stuff like Kid's WB, they would've treated those shows right.
    +1 10 characters

Whats the story with Beware? I ignored it for childish reasons when it was airing.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of the style of BEWARE THE BATMAN when I first saw the initial artwork. However, I was pleasantly surprised with how good the show was and I was really bummed that it didn't get renewed. It was different, but it was really good!! It was a refreshing take on Batman, focusing on characters that had never been done before on tv. I also liked the different version of Alfred on the show. He was awesome!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of the style of BEWARE THE BATMAN when I first saw the initial artwork. However, I was pleasantly surprised with how good the show was and I was really bummed that it didn't get renewed. It was different, but it was really good!! It was a refreshing take on Batman, focusing on characters that had never been done before on tv. I also liked the different version of Alfred on the show. He was awesome!
    +1

Thanks for posting. I thought I was the only one who liked that Alfred.