Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who would be in Krakoan's Extinction Team? And who could defeat them?

The initial premise of the Extinction Team was to show the world that mutants had weapons of mass destruction every time that they went into the field. It was a precautionary stance rather than a threat, and the team was made up of some of the most powerful mutants at the time (while also having some villains on it).

So who would you chose as Krakoa's team of walking nuclear weapons, keeping in mind that they don't just have to be powerful, but also menacing? And who do you think would stand a chance against them in the Marvel Universe?

To make the team building more interesting and before someone lists all the Omegas, let's say you cannot use only Omega level mutants or members of the Five, and that you need to include some villains in it to make it more interesting (and scarier to them puny humans).

Bonus points if you're able to match the roles covered by the previous Extinction Team members (leader, telepath, teleporter, tech expert, bruiser, elemental, flying brick, sorcerer and energy manipulator).

Apocalypse, Storm, Polaris, Magneto, Quentin Quire, Rachel Summers, Zero, Xorn, Magik

Cyclops in Black
    Emma Frost- Telepath
    Magneto- Magnetism
    Storm - Weather
    Danger - Technology
    Selene - Magic to cover Juggs/Magik
    Exodus - Teleporter/TK/Bruiser to cover Juggs/Magik
    Apocalypse - Ruler to replace Namor
    Hope

leader - Apocalypse
    telepath - Matthew malloy
    tech expert - Trinary
    energy manipulator - Vulcan

Eva Bell, Selene, Xorn.

I may do this again later with some type of explanations and depth.
    This list is just my wet dream.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 09-22-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Cyclops in Black
    Emma Frost- Telepath
    Magneto- Magnetism
    Storm - Weather
    Danger - Technology
    Selene - Magic to cover Juggs/Magik
    Exodus - Teleporter/TK/Bruiser to cover Juggs/Magik
    Apocalypse - Ruler to replace Namor
    Hope
    That's almost exactly what I was thinking too (except Hope because she's one of the Five so she needs to be protected). If Danger is not allowed on Krakoa, I'd change her for Trinary equipped with some big ass robot made out of Krakoan tech.

I was going to swap Hope with monarch what about Gaia?

BANNED

I'd keep Cyclops as team leader and add Jean on the same role + resident telepath. Both Storm and Magneto stay, in their respective roles of elemental and energy manipulator. Exodus gets in, replacing Magik and backing up Jean whenever necessary. He's less of a threat to the team's synergy, because he wouldn't want to disappoint daddy Magneto, who has a good relationship with Cyclops. Trinary replacing Danger in the tech department. I'd make Sabretooth the team bruiser. Flying brick would be Rogue. The magic part is tricky. I don't want to use Selene, because there's enough villains in this team already. I'd guess Pixie, depending on how far her knowledge currently goes.

Might edit this later, but that's a line-up that I'd enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I was going to swap Hope with monarch what about Gaia?
    Is Gaia still around? She was kind of uber powerful as far as I remember.

Nightcrawler, Polaris, Xorn, Exodus, Frenzy, Hellion and Penance.
    Call em the Acolytes.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Is Gaia still around? She was kind of uber powerful as far as I remember.
    At this point everyone is fair game. Cerebra copied everyone

BANNED

Cyclops (Leader and still the face of the revolution)
    Magneto (Magneto )
    Magik (Teleporter/Sorcerer)
    Apocalypse (Energy manipulator, etc.)
    Phoenix (Rachel Grey, telepath/telekine/recurring Phoenix Force host)
    Penance (Monet St. Croix, flying brick)
    Colossus (Bruiser)
    Sage (Tech expert/computer brain)
    Legion (Telepath/telekine/pyrokinetic/reality manipulation/power roulette wheel. Mutant WMD)

- Rogue doesn't have the stomach for Extinction Team. Monet has proven she does.
    - I wanted Cypher for tech but while I like Doug's 'body language'-reading physical application of his potentially omniscient power set, many hate it and even with it he hasn't yet been shown to be consistently physically capable enough to handle that level of engagement. Sage can.
    - Rachel is going out there as "Phoenix," period, and wearing a Phoenix costume while doing it. That sends a message.
    - I worship Ororo but she didn't have a blast the last time she did this kind of work. I would need to see more of the current Ororo to be sure she's down for that kind of dark again.
    - Selene can't be trusted with a pet rock.
    Last edited by powerpax; 09-22-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Emma Frost, White Queen
    Zorn, White King
    Bishop, Enforcer
    Polaris, Mistress of Magnetism
    Apocalypse, He Who Never Dies
    Penance, Perfection
    Magik, Darkchylde
    Morrigan, Spirit of War
    Proteus, Mindkiller
    Omega, Collective
    Last edited by Tycon; 09-22-2019 at 12:13 PM.

BANNED

Leader: Cyclops
    Team:
    Storm
    Apocalypse
    Emma
    Magneto
    Magik
    Logan
    Exodus
    Rogue

Why are people saying Emma when Jean and Rachel are available? Isn't she weaker then them?

Also Hope should be in it if she is written like the omega level mutant she is. However given how important her current role is maybe she will sit this one out.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Magneto (Magneto )
    Colossus (Bruiser)
    Legion (Telepath/telekine/pyrokinetic/reality manipulation/power roulette wheel. Mutant WMD)

- Rogue doesn't have the stomach for Extinction Team. Monet has proven she does.
    - I wanted Cypher for tech but while I like Doug's 'body language'-reading physical application of his potentially omniscient power set, many hate it and even with it he hasn't yet been shown to be consistently physically capable enough to handle that level of engagement. Sage can.
    - Rachel is going out there as "Phoenix," period, and wearing a Phoenix costume while doing it. That sends a message.
    - I worship Ororo but she didn't have a blast the last time she did this kind of work. I would need to see more of the current Ororo to be sure she's down for that kind of dark again.
    I would swap Sage for Danger is she is available again. Other wise solid list. Colossus seems to be a weak link tho. Cyclops as well now that i think about it....Swap Slim with Jean. Make her or Apocalypse the leader. XD
    Last edited by FIGHT; 09-22-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Emma Frost, White Queen
    Zorn, White King
    Bishop, Enforcer
    Polaris, Mistress of Magnetism
    Apocalypse, He Who Never Dies
    Penance, Perfection
    Morrigan, Spirit of War
    Proteus, Mindkiller
    Omega, Collective
    I like this! Do you mean Syrin as Morrigan? I'd love that, since I miss Theresa and she would bring literall godhood to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Magneto (Magneto )
    Colossus (Bruiser)

I like this, and I agree on most of the choices. I don't know if Monet would be as strong as Namor or Rogue tho. But she's got versatily and smarts on her side.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Why are people saying Emma when Jean and Rachel are available? Isn't she weaker then them?
    Because she's a bit more ruthless than Jean and Rach. I can see Rachel being more loose than Jean.