Incredible Member

Default Batman Hush collection question

Does anyone know if the collected edition of HUSH includes the story that was published as an ‘exclusive’ to WIZARD magazine? I’m thinking about picking it up but was just wondering. I’ve got the WIZARD issue tucked away with my BATMAN issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Does anyone know if the collected edition of HUSH includes the story that was published as an ‘exclusive’ to WIZARD magazine? I’m thinking about picking it up but was just wondering. I’ve got the WIZARD issue tucked away with my BATMAN issues.
    If you had looked around you would have found out that the following collected editions also publish the Wizards Magazin exclusive :

* Batman Hush: The 15th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
    * Batmah Hush (absolute edition)
    * Batman: Hush omnibus

I see that the Batman: Hush (new edition) doesn't collect the Wizard story.

As you might not know, DC has a Batman: The Hush Saga planned with the following stories:
    * Batman #608-619 - Hush
    * Batman: Gotham Knights #50-55, 60-71, 73-74 - Batman: Hush Returns
    * Detective Comics #846-850 - Heart of Hush
    * Hush interlude from Wizard #0
    * Batman: Streets of Gotham #1-4 +Detective Comics #852, 855 + Batman #685 - Hush Money
    * Batman: Streets of Gotham #14, 16-21 - House of Hush

The two editions of Hush I own, the 2009 paperback collection and the Batman Noir hardcover, both include the Wizard story. From what I've seen the most recent 2019 "New Edition" does not include it so I would go for one of the other two, or one of the omnibuses if you want to collect the tie-ins and sequels as well. (I'd personally recommend the Noir edition because the hardcover format plus Lee & William's pencils and inkings pop so well)

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Every collected version has this interlude, even the cheaper trade paperbacks.

Enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Every collected version has this interlude, even the cheaper trade paperbacks.

Enjoy it!
    Well on Amazon it is not mentionned that the cheap collected edition (new edition) has it.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

By the way did they recolor the new edition? Because I don't remember that last panel of Batman having that much gas

240541687ef44172225042d513056d81._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Well on Amazon it is not mentionned that the cheap collected edition (new edition) has it.
    This is the one I am referring to.

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Hush-J...s=books&sr=1-1

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    If you had looked around you would have found out that the following collected editions also publish the Wizards Magazin exclusive :

* Batman: Hush omnibus
    There is no Hush Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    By the way did they recolor the new edition? Because I don't remember that last panel of Batman having that much gas

240541687ef44172225042d513056d81._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
    It's the early 00's, so of course Bruce wears cool guy Oakley's while doing science...
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    There is no Hush Omnibus.
    True, I ment the collected edition.

Incredible Member

I was skimming through the newest version at a B&N and didn't bother to look at the credit indicia to notice the Wizard bonus wasn't included, it's a lot more thicker but why would they edit out those particular pages?

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    I was skimming through the newest version at a B&N and didn't bother to look at the credit indicia to notice the Wizard bonus wasn't included, it's a lot more thicker but why would they edit out those particular pages?
    1. Rights issues
    2. Extra pages that are not mendatory to the story
    3. Buisiness to make you buy another edition later

Incredible Member

Just an update here so I happened upon the newest edition of Batman Hush book again and gave it a closer look and I checked the inside indicia and it does include Wizard #0, meaning that it does indeed have the 6-page INTERLUDE section that was in Wizard.

Earlier in another post I mentioned to have just skimmed through as I have so many Hush collections.

Incredible Member

So hey here's another update for anyone intending to purchase this newest edition of Hush, you might want to skim through its pages first as it appears that a few pages (I counted eleven) have their word balloons blank and the color separator is off a bit on them. I happened to hit the LA Comic Con this weekend and a dealers table had at least 4 books with these error defects.

The defective pages appear in the latter half of the book.

Incredible Member

Thanks for the information, Mace. There needs to be some kind of journalistic investigation into all these problems with DC's collected editions. This is getting insane.

Furthermore, why'd they even make a new edition of Hush when the old one was perfectly fine? At least the old cover art matches the movie! Total waste of resources.