Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question How Do You Rank The Various Spider-Man Cartoon Series?

Here is my ranking of the Spider-Man cartoon series from best to worst. Sorry if I forget any Spidey has had more than his fair share of animated outings on the small screen lol.

1.) Spectacular Spider-Man (2008-2009)
    2.) Spider-Man The Animated Series (1994-1998)
    3.) Spider-Man (1967-1970)
    4.) Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends (1981-1983)
    5.) Spider-Man Unlimited (1999-2001)
    4.) Spider-Man: The New Animated Series (2003)
    5.) Ultimate Spider-Man (2012-2017)
    7.) Marvel's Spider-Man (2017-)
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

1.) The Spectacular Spider-Man

2.) Spider-Man: The Animated Series

3.) Spider-Man: The New Animated Series

4.) Spider-Man

5.) Marvel's Spider-Man

6.) Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends

7.) Ultimate Spider-Man

8.) Spider-Man Unlimited

BANNED

Spectacular Spider-Man is the best cartoon series, it's also I argue the only cartoon series that holds up well.

The others are in my view either
    -- good-for-their-time-but-mediocre-now (Fox Spider-Man),
    -- novelty acts that are period curios (1967, Amazing Friends),
    -- weird quirky stuff that don't do enough (MTV, Unlimited),
    -- dumbed-down shlock (USM Cartoon).
    -- just bad (the current Spider-Man cartoon on air).

Amazing Member

I have to think about an order,but for me the 90s animated series is the best.It feels the most complete one.
    Spetacular Spider-man is great,but the cancelation hurts it a bit in rewatchs.

I really need to re-watch spectacular I know when I was a kid I enjoy it but in this forum you guys treat it like everything else is absolute and beneath it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Spectacular Spider-Man is the best cartoon series, it's also I argue the only cartoon series that holds up well.

The others are in my view either
    -- good-for-their-time-but-mediocre-now (Fox Spider-Man),
    -- novelty acts that are period curios (1967, Amazing Friends),
    -- weird quirky stuff that don't do enough (MTV, Unlimited),
    -- dumbed-down shlock (USM Cartoon).
    -- just bad (the current Spider-Man cartoon on air).
    In (slight) defense of MTV and Unlimited, both were canceled in or after their first and only seasons, so they had no chance to do more with their premises. In fact, Unlimited ended up canceled after three episodes had aired, even though an entire thirteen-episode season had been finished and there were scripts for at least six more episodes in what would've been a second season, mostly because Fox Kids wanted to replace it with Digimon to compete with Kids' WB's Pokémon.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In (slight) defense of MTV and Unlimited, both were canceled in or after their first and only seasons, so they had no chance to do more with their premises. In fact, Unlimited ended up canceled after three episodes had aired, even though an entire thirteen-episode season had been finished and there were scripts for at least six more episodes in what would've been a second season, mostly because Fox Kids wanted to replace it with Digimon to compete with Kids' WB's Pokémon.
    And the rest was history...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I must agree with this, the MTV show felt like it was just starting to get into some bold ideas and find its footing as it ended after that pretty dark finale. The cliffhanger it ended on had a lot of promise for good dramatic stories following it. Unlimited is not as bad as its reputation says it is, despite being the furthest thing from a typical Spidey setup he still is Spidey just in a weird setting. The restrictions placed on Unlimited made it be something totally different, and your mileage may vary on it to be sure, but I think the result was okay for what it was. The MTV show had restrictions in terms of characters they could use and the network wanting to be cool, while having more freedom at the same time in terms of content than any show before it (or probably never again) so it's a fun novelty seeing a Spidey show geared towards a teen audience.

I'd rank the shows:

1. The Spectacular Spider-Man (2008)
    2. Spider-Man TAS (1994)
    3. Spider-Man TNAS (2003)
    4. Spider-Man (1967)
    5. Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981)
    6. Spider-Man Unlimited (1999)
    7. Spider-Man (1981)
    8. Marvel's Spider-Man (2017)
    9. Ultimate Spider-Man (2012)

End of the day I could throw almost any of these shows on without a care and enjoy having it on in the background. Except for most of Ultimate Spider-Man lol. Only the last season is bearable to me, and even then it's just like a dumb 80s cartoon.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 09-22-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

1. The Spectacular Spider-Man (2008)
    2. Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994)
    3. Spider-Man (1967)
    4. Marvel's Spider-Man (2017)
    5. Ultimate Spider-Man (2012)
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 09-29-2019 at 09:38 PM.

1. Spectacular Spider-Man

2. Fox Kids Spider-Man: TAS

3. Spider-Man Unlimited

4. MTV Spider-Man

5. Ultimate Spider-Man

6. Marvel's Spider-Man

1. Fox Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994)- The perfect Spider-Man cartoon. This show made me fall in love with the character as a kid and to this day when I read Spidey, Barnes is the voice I hear in my head.

2. Spectacular Spider-Man: Still haven't finished it, but what I have watched has been great.

3. Everything else.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

My Top 5:
    1. Weisman's Spectacular Spider-Man
    2. Spider-Man & his Amazing Friends
    3. Spider-Man '67
    4. MTV Spider-Man
    5. Spider-Man (1981)

Animated Spider-Man on Fox is oozing with nostalgia. One of the best voice actors for Spider-Man ever. However the series had so many problems with it. Constant reusing the same animation sequences over and over again just became ridiculous. Half the cuts didn’t even make sense. Also censorship absolutely hurt that series as well. How can you have a superhero cartoon were the hero isn’t allowed to punch anyone? It made for some extremely stale and repetitive action sequences with Spider-Man just webbing villains over and over ...

Spectacular Spider-Man to me was the best. What a shame that series didn’t get a chance to run longer.

Amazing Member

Spectacular was truly something special, made with heart and passion (kinda like the ps4 game by insomniac). I loved the fight choreography, the animation, the way characters were rewritten, etc. But I really disliked the art style.

The 90s animated series had a wonderful art style and had a lot of guest appearances/cameos, to the point it was the m
    MCU before the current MCU.. But the "no punching, no kicking rule" really held down the show.

Haven't watched the 3D animated series and the 60s one is a gold mine for memes.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCampy89 View Post
    Spectacular was truly something special, made with heart and passion (kinda like the ps4 game by insomniac). I loved the fight choreography, the animation, the way characters were rewritten, etc. But I really disliked the art style.

The 90s animated series had a wonderful art style and had a lot of guest appearances/cameos, to the point it was the m
    MCU before the current MCU.. But the "no punching, no kicking rule" really held down the show.

Haven't watched the 3D animated series and the 60s one is a gold mine for memes.
    Actually, there was a fair amount of kicking, but Spider-Man was almost never allowed to throw a punch. Come to think of it, no one was allowed to throw a punch unless it was shown being immediately blocked or parried.
    The spider is always on the hunt.