Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Every hero is a democrat in the current political climate
    Yeah, I can't see any hero in the MU supporting Trumpism. If Tony were in the GOP in the past, I think he would be among those who left the party under protest. Folks like George Will, Joe Scarborough and Rick Wilson among others don't even call it the Republican Party any more just the cult of Trump. I can't recall a time when so many members of a party left. Even Michael Steel, who was the chairman of the RNC openly admitted on Bill Maher's show that he didn't voter for Trum in 2016 and he will not vote for Trump in 2020
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-24-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    No. Liberals are against the government telling them they can't marry because they're gay, can't get abortions, how they identify as, etc. The conservatives want the government to have the authority to take those rights away and impose their view of what a perfect society is, i.e.not "progressing". That's why all authoritarian governments have been anti-liberal.
    Unless it's free speech, right to bear arms, right to self defense, property rights, religious freedoms, or anything else that can be deemed problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Oh, so this time it'll be different?
    ??
    Most of the western world is liberal. Scandinavia especially, which also has the highest happiness index in the world. Again, you are clearly conflating "liberal" with "authoritarian leftest", which are not the same thing and won't be the same thing no matter how many times rightwingers try to pretend they are.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Disingenuous. That is from an alternate reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Ben and Reed are liberals

but those Storm siblings are MAGA through and through

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    It has to do with whatever makes them money. And I don't blame them for that. I would like to make money, too.
    It just so happens that most comicbook readers are reading stories to be more openminded and accepting, some of them at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Unless it's free speech, right to bear arms, right to self defense, property rights, religious freedoms, or anything else that can be deemed problematic.
    Liberals support free speech, rights to bear arms, a right to self defense, religious freedom, etc.

Just because the gun lobby wants us to feel unsafe so we buy more guns isn't gonna convince me to spend my money to buy their product.

And if your "free speech" argument is about children on college campuses not allowing hate speech, they paid tuition and college is a business, and the customer is "always right." They don't have to pay thousands to have someone come and tell them they're idiots and sinners.

I don't see any scientist in the MU being a republican these days. Their views seem to be diametrically opposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think Logan would vote - or even be able to. His long time amnesia meant he wouldn't have been able to register for a long time, and when he did, his date of birth would be flagged up, as it's in the 19th century, and anyone that old would normally be dead.
    Register? We Canadians don't register to vote. When you turn 18, you're automatically added to the electoral list, and you just receive a card at home to confirm your name and address, and where you're supposed to go to vote. Pretty convenient if you ask me

But you're probably right about his birth date being a flag. Although, since everybody in the MU seems to know who he is, I wonder how it would be handled. Same thing for those who had been dead and brought back... how would it work?
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Every hero is a democrat in the current political climate
    some might go for Independent or Libertarian

Steve Rogers - Democrat
    Tony Stark - Republican
    Carol Danvers - Libertarian
    Hank Pym - Inependent
    Janet Van Dyne - Republican
    Bruce Banner - Green Party
    Peter Parker - Democrat
    Flash Thompson - Republican
    Thor - Monarchy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post

Steve Rogers - Democrat
    Tony Stark - Republican
    Hank Pym - Inependent
    Peter Parker - Democrat
    Thor - Monarchy
    Out of curiosity, why would Carol be a libertarian? And "monarchy" is a form of government, not a political party.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post

Steve Rogers - Democrat
    Tony Stark - Republican
    Hank Pym - Inependent
    Peter Parker - Democrat
    Thor - Monarchy
    Tony isn’t a Republican. Not anymore.

Why is Janet a Republican? And why is Carol a libertarian?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Out of curiosity, why would Carol be a libertarian? And "monarchy" is a form of government, not a political party.
    Monarchist or royalist is an actual party in European nations with constitutional monarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I don't see any scientist in the MU being a republican these days. Their views seem to be diametrically opposed.

Register? We Canadians don't register to vote. When you turn 18, you're automatically added to the electoral list, and you just receive a card at home to confirm your name and address, and where you're supposed to go to vote. Pretty convenient if you ask me

But you're probably right about his birth date being a flag. Although, since everybody in the MU seems to know who he is, I wonder how it would be handled. Same thing for those who had been dead and brought back... how would it work?
    yeah, I am waiting for my federal election voter card to come in the mail so I can go to one of the advanced polls.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    In an American context, the word "secessionist" is a reference to the Confederacy and the American Civil War. Krakoa isn't a part of USA so the X-Men claiming it as a nation cannot be considered secessionist and assuming it is suggests that people think Krakoa is part of America.

So that raised my dander.

If they were "seceding" then why are they seeking UN recognition, why are they conducting trade deals, why are they offering products for human consumers?

The X-Men are building a nation and a society, and doing that the way all nations and societies have done so - speak softly, and carry a big stick.

That's basically normal, and rational, geopolitical behavior.

Glad that someone acknowledged that. Krakoa has thrown its lot with the X-Men and consented to this scheme and has become the seat of Xavier's geopolitical and intergalactic ambitions.
    This was a great post!

There might be a little smelling of the flowers on Krakoa, and we drink a fair amount of kool aid here, but we just believe in free love and loving our brothers and sisters.

Would you like one of our pretty flowers?
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Tony isn’t a Republican. Not anymore.
    Exactly. Tony is in to electric vehicles and clean energy and is against making weapons for the government. He is either liberal or independent now.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark