Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Character’s political parties

What are the political parties/Views of these characters?

1. Captain America ( Democrat)
    2. Iron man (Ex Republican, Independent now?)
    3. Spiderman (Democrat)
    4. Fantastic Four (Republicans)
    5. Punisher (Republican)
    6. Daredevil (Republican?)
    7. Majority of Xmen r probably Democrats

Y’all can add your favs too.

This is a light hearted thread , don’t get personal but do get messy!
    8A43FFFC-DD37-4784-B864-8E07D81B4E82.jpg

BANNED

peter parker: probably casts a troll vote (voted for batman when fisk became mayor)... otherwise he uses his voting power responsibly and probably votes democrat
    thor: anyone who can lift the hammer.... aka basically no one... comes from a monarchist kingdom anyway
    tony: libertarian?
    carol: democrat... but like "tough on crime" harris/"warhawk" clinton rather than someone wholly progressive like bernie
    Fantastic four: Democrat (especially with their mutant kids)
    Daredevil: Ehh probably dem.... he's catholic, but most of it serves his self loathing and doesn't seem to apply it to everyone else
    X-men/Mutants: **** this system, we're making our own country and hope it doesn't explode peace out
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 09-22-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Didn't Cyclops say he would never vote Republican?

Stark has considered protecting the environment to be a huge issue since at least the early seventies. Probably votes from whatever candidate is strongest on that issue.

Tony Stark would definitely vote republican in his pre Iron Man days. Nowadays, I think he’d be independent. I think kind of scenario would be accurate for Doctor Strange as well.

Luke Cage would be a Democrat, especially considering his past.

Punisher would be a Republican through and through.

I feel that Deadpool would be rather centrist for the most part, and probably is one of the idiots who wrote in Harambe in the previous presidential election.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Henry Pym is a republican

Every hero is a democrat in the current political climate

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Pretty much. I can't think of any Marvel hero that would be Republican.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Most Marvel characters are New Yorkers, which is a solid blue state and blue city which in the last election went overwhelmingly against Trump. So I'd say most Marvel characters are blue voters. But individually I think you can make a case for something in-between or something red.

The following characters aren't American citizens and so don't get a vote: Wolverine, Thor, T'Challa, A lot of X-Men who are international characters (Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus).

I'd say the following characters are solid Dems:
    -- Peter Parker: His Aunt was involved in Civil Rights, his wife Mary Jane was interested in the plight of undocumented immigrants. So I think Peter would share their values. Having said that, I think Jonah is a Republican or rather a Rockefeller Republican who gradually became a centrist Democrat. At the same time, Peter's first girlfriend Gwen was a Republican.
    -- Matt Murdock - Heavily involved in civil rights, fighting government corruption, doing pro-bono work and so on.
    -- Luke Cage and Jessica Jones: Absolutely. I think.
    -- Janet van Dyne
    -- Clint Barton

As for others...
    -- Captain America: I think Steve Rogers would be nominally independent. He's aware that he's "loyal to nothing, general...but the dream" but he would never endorse any party or politician publically. Rather Steve would take a stand on issues that were important to him. He was a solid New Deal Democrat that much is true. But being a new deal democrat can mean a lot of things and it wouldn't automatically mean he would be blue all-the-way today. Having said that, Steve Rogers' repeated "going rogue" on government military corruption and so on would probably make him controversial among red voters and especially the body of voters who think Vietnam and Iraq are "good wars" the same as World War II.
    -- Iron Man: Tony Stark would be the billionaire who gives money to both parties much in the way that Elon Musk and others do. Pre-Transformation, Tony would be a solid Republican, the kind who benefited big time from the tax cuts given by Reagan and others. He would also be drawn to Clinton's yuppies-work-for-us neoliberal turn. When it comes down to it, I think Tony would vote for Hillary over Trump in 2016. But overall I'd say Independent.
    -- Fantastic Four: Real iffy. I think Ben Grimm would be a democrat, and Johnny Storm would vote for whoever Peter votes, but let's not forget that the original mission of the FF was a rocket flight they had taken to stick one to the reds. But anti-communism was also a democrat agenda back then. I think the four would be democrats now, but they might have been republican-curious at some point.
    -- The Punisher -- Absolutely a Republican. I think he'd be drawn to John McCain's kind of moderate maverick Republicanism over anyone else. But Frank Castle is a big First Amendment guy. At the same time I think he would have been a "never Trump" Republican and in the 2016 election, he might have voted (if he voted) for a third party candidate, likely that Utah CIA guy.
    -- The X-Men: I don't think they even have voting rights to be honest. And considering the Decimation they probably don't count as a significant bloc for either parties. I'd say Xavier's a Republican until he "came out" in Morrison's run (done by Cassandra Nova in his body). Warren Worthington is a rich democrat. But overall the X-Men would be fairly radical as a group. Fringe of fringe so on. They'd be drawn to Sanders and AOC but not many outside that.

Fantastic Four:

Reed - Independent
    Sue - Democrat
    Ben - Democrat
    Johnny - one of the many who don’t vote
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

If Kamala was old enough, I think she'd be Democrat - Trump has offended quite a few non-white people, and as an ethnic minority herself there's no way Kamala would approve of that. One thing is for sure though, she definitely would vote for somebody. They actually did an issue where she encouraged people to go to the polls - too bad it got delayed and was released AFTER the election!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    -- Iron Man: Tony Stark would be the billionaire who gives money to both parties much in the way that Elon Musk and others do. Pre-Transformation, Tony would be a solid Republican, the kind who benefited big time from the tax cuts given by Reagan and others. He would also be drawn to Clinton's yuppies-work-for-us neoliberal turn. When it comes down to it, I think Tony would vote for Hillary over Trump in 2016. But overall I'd say Independent.
    I can't see Stark giving money to a party that is so anti-science, especially anti-climate-science as the Republicans. He's a hardcore environmentalist. I suppose he'd vote for Hillary over Trump, simply because Trump is so blatantly horrible, but he'd be holding his nose when he did it because Hillary is pro-fracking, and generally favors the oil industry over the environment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I can't see Stark giving money to a party that is so anti-science, especially anti-climate-science as the Republicans.
    Stark also believes that he as an individual has the most capacity to effect change, and to do that he needs money. So if the government isn't doing anything about climate change, he will damn sure take that tax cut and use his money and improve and introduce green energy in the marketplace. That's pretty consistent to Silicon Valley megalomania which is what Stark is supposed to represent.

Mighty Member

General Ross is probably the party of whoever gives him more money to shoot the Hulk. Probably the Republicans.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Not sure about every, but certainly the big ones. And it depends on how one stretches the subjective term "hero."
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier