Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

90's Tubby in 2K19

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Welcome back, Tabby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So what, they couldn't use X-23 for branding and have her use a different name in the book? Also, this is kind of funny considering he's saying it right as Psylocke is taking the Captain Britain name, while Kwannon is taking over HER name, and M is taking the Penance name...
    The Psylocke thing is branding; your average individual knows Psylocke as the Asian ninja psychic, not the British aristocrat. It sidesteps ignorant indignantcy over "white washing" the character/mantle... though, yes actively calling herself X-23 when she never had previously was a little off. (I could plausibly buy the rational, but it really needed an event to prompt it.)
    Last edited by Nazrel; 09-23-2019 at 09:35 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    The Psylocke thing is branding; your average individual knows Psylocke as the Asian ninja psychic, not the British aristocrat. It sidesteps ignorant indignantcy over "white washing" the character/mantle... though, yes actively calling herself X-23 when she never had previously was a little off. (I could plausibly buy the rational, but it really needed an event to prompt it.)
    That doesn't explain Betsy as Captain Britain (whom I'm sure most people don't picture a lavender-haired psychic as part of the brand) or M as Penance. M you can handwave by not being a major character, but there's still a bit of grasping at straws going on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is always weird when people complain about Wolverine being everywhere. I like JDW explanation.

It is the truth, there is no conspiracy or bias againts other characters. He is everywhere because he sells, if he didn't he wouldn't be there. Other characters sadly don't bring as much money and at the end of the day Marvel is a business.
    He is a lot of fun to read most of the time so it is good that he is everywhere
    It's not exactly weird however the people complaining about Wolverine being everywhere do have a valid point.
    Although, JDW explanation is also correct and is the truth to simply put.

That doesn't explain Betsy as Captain Britain (whom I'm sure most people don't picture a lavender-haired psychic as part of the brand) or M as Penance. M you can handwave by not being a major character, but there's still a bit of grasping at straws going on.
    99.9% of humanoids don't care about Captain Britain or Penance while if you draw big booty Psylocke on Twitter/IG you get hella engagements and if you draw Laura on Twitter you'll get like half the engagements but the hashtag is always her gamertag and not Wolverine.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Most people don't picture Captain Britain at all, and would likely go "who?" when asked about them; because most people aren't comic fans.

Comic fans already understand who these characters are outside of the monikers, and aren't the ones they're thinking about, it's the potential/derivative fans who know nothing.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Perhaps she should have been renamed as X23- verine.

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I don't think that's the case. They just showed JDW's coloring of Shalvey's art from Return of Wolverine to explain where the idea of the new costume came from
    Interview was so boring I slept before read this part.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Bobby likes what he's seeing.
    This is such a homoerotic panel they had to know what they were doing

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Even though ironically she had Psylocke before she as an Asian ninja psychic...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Fighting sabertooth in her nightie long before she was ever Purple Elektra.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but the *iconic* Psylocke that everyone recognizes is the telepathic ninja, not the Purple Socialite.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

"Jean's his truest love, but whoever he's currently bang - I mean, currently dating is his true love too and he's totally into them. Sort of. Ish."

I just can't, lol.

Who cares who Wolverine’s “true love” is? The guy is over 150 years old, and his mind has been screwed to hell. I’m sure he’s had many of them. Depending on what he can remember, and what mood he’s in, I’m sure his mostest favoritest love of all might vary.

As I type the above, full disclosure, I never liked Scott and Jean together. Nothing to do with Logan. Just thought they were boring. I’m a Scemma fan.

As for Logan and Jean, I don’t care if they’re together or just friends.