Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Sejic's Harley Quinn Black + White + Red #1 is short but excellent. It's a standalone followup to the published Harleen story, but set quite a bit into the future. Sejic continues to lean into Harley Quinn as a psychiatrist, never letting us forger her layers. It really is a showcase that as long as you make us care about the characters, everything else will follow. You don't need big action or big ideas for an engaging story—just the drama of two characters that you care about.
    Whelp, we won't be getting a volume 2 ever.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/stje...-looking-back/

I understand why he would want to leave the corporate superhero gig to make original stuff; but it sucks we will never get new stuff from him

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Whelp, we won't be getting a volume 2 ever.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/stje...-looking-back/

I understand why he would want to leave the corporate superhero gig to make original stuff; but it sucks we will never get new stuff from him
    Please check the thread before posting older news like this. In this case, we even have comments from Sejic himself, as well as discussions about his original tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    exactly this. in my initial tweets i avoided talking about my health as i wanted to give my audience a positive thing. i was never one for well wishing be it good health or happy birthdays. i'm weird like that.

but then i started seeing articles on how i'm done with dc so i had to clarify the issue behind it all. i don't like talking about my health issues never did, but unfortunately this time i had to.

in any case the harleen arc and isley and selina and sirens stories that tie into it are very much something i want to do but at this point in time i can't commit to them as i just don't think ill reliably meet the deadlines
    So my take on this: Harleen and related volumes are currently on hiatus. We might get them later on, but there is no schedule yet for making them.

ETA: I found that Bleeding Cool ran the story again, but went back to check up their sourcing, and they referenced a June 5 Facebook post. So it's Bleeding Cool's writer regurgitating old news.
    Last edited by kjn; 07-12-2020 at 05:53 AM.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Please check the thread before posting older news like this. In this case, we even have comments from Sejic himself, as well as discussions about his original tweets.

So my take on this: Harleen and related volumes are currently on hiatus. We might get them later on, but there is no schedule yet for making them.

ETA: I found that Bleeding Cool ran the story again, but went back to check up their sourcing, and they referenced a June 5 Facebook post. So it's Bleeding Cool's writer regurgitating old news.
    Yeah sorry about that I was looking at their reporting. Also, I didn't even know Sejic posted under a pseudonym - awesome.

Spectacular Member

oh it's not even a pseudonym, it's just my first ever name on the internet that i kinda used on a bunch of artsites and a few comic sites XD hell, most people knew me as nebezial until i got known as shiniez and nowadays i'm just that guy whose name people can't pronounce :P

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    oh it's not even a pseudonym, it's just my first ever name on the internet that i kinda used on a bunch of artsites and a few comic sites XD hell, most people knew me as nebezial until i got known as shiniez and nowadays i'm just that guy whose name people can't pronounce :P
    I never knew, I fell in love with your early DC work and now I am discovering your creator owned stuff.

I can't wait to see what have up your sleeve for the future; thanks for your beautiful art! =D