Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Damn fine read and beautiful artwork as expected. Probably the best Harley story I have read.

pretty strong writting on this one with excellent art

this feels like the definitive origin of Quinn

one small detail that seems to come and go on Quinn's origin from Mad Love is that she was some how a mediocre student of psycology and mainly passed the courses because she slept with the profesors

other versions say she was an excelent student and ignore the first version
    this uses both, she is an excellent psychatrist who just happen to have an affair with one of her teachers and tht gave her bad reputation. small detail but very well implemented.
    Last edited by Arnoldoaad; 09-25-2019 at 12:36 PM.

BANNED

Toxic releationship....... This is what i'm afraid of.... I hope this time Harley won't beat Joker to get empowered... lol as smart people would know violance doesn't empower girls, violance is evil and wrong, doing wrong empower no one girls or men. I'm gonna lose it if they make Harley beat the crap out of Joker... If i read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Toxic releationship....... This is what i'm afraid of.... I hope this time Harley won't beat Joker to get empowered... lol as smart people would know violance doesn't empower girls, violance is evil and wrong, doing wrong empower no one girls or men. I'm gonna lose it if they make Harley beat the crap out of Joker... If i read it.
    I doubt this is going that direction
    if anything I would expect that Harley doesnt get thrown into the chemicals until the last issue

You do know that Harley is kind of a villain right? Empowered or unempowered, violence being evil and wrong and Harley doing violence works well because she is evil and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    pretty strong writting on this one with excellent art

this feels like the definitive origin of Quinn

one small detail that seems to come and go on Quinn's origin from Mad Love is that she was some how a mediocre student of psycology and mainly passed the courses because she slept with the profesors

other versions say she was an excelent student and ignore the first version
    this uses both, she is an excellent psychatrist who just happen to have an affair with one of her teachers and tht gave her bad reputation. small detail but very well implemented.
    Harley in that first panel is my mood back in school.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You do know that Harley is kind of a villain right? Empowered or unempowered, violence being evil and wrong and Harley doing violence works well because she is evil and wrong.
    But DC make harley beat joker to show how empowered and indipendent she was now. That's prof enough there isn't one single soul at the company at brains department and that make joker a punching bag... it's like a ''lose lose'' scenario so annoying.

I just reread it again and I have no doubt in my mind that Sejic is specifically aiming at replacing Mad Love.

Spectacular Member

I just reread it again and I have no doubt in my mind that Sejic is specifically aiming at replacing Mad Love.
    I prefer updating for a mature audience, but hey when he shows up here we can ask him

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe8 View Post
    I prefer updating for a mature audience, but hey when he shows up here we can ask him
    Mad Love is pretty mature in my opinion
    the page I posted is a pretty good example

this is way more refined I would say

Spectacular Member

Mad Love is pretty mature in my opinion
    the page I posted is a pretty good example

this is way more refined I would say
    It's been ages since I read it.. I think this will deal a lot more with the fact that it's a majorly abusive relationship

One of the aspects that I liked from Mad Love. It was nice seeing a character who wasn't some genius for a change, and her getting through college by sleeping with her professors felt fitting for her character. Since it set up her not being a good psychologist and her falling for the Joker because of it. Always felt making her super smart did not fit with her character and I was never a fan of the change. While not excusing her actions I always felt it worked best with her being more simple and getting swept up in all the craziness.
    Last edited by Badou; 09-25-2019 at 01:13 PM.

But DC make harley beat joker to show how empowered and indipendent she was now. That's prof enough there isn't one single soul at the company at brains department and that make joker a punching bag... it's like a ''lose lose'' scenario so annoying.
    This sounds less like "violence is empowering is wrong" and more just you don't want Joker to get beat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    This sounds less like "violence is empowering is wrong" and more just you don't want Joker to get beat.
    equaly both

equaly both
    Any reason for the protectiveness of the Joker.