Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

I'm sorry but I didn't like Harleen, because I was hoping it was a comic focuses on the past of Harleen, who she was before to start to work at the Arkham Asilum and why that past created the premises so that Harleen became Harley, telling the part where Joker seduces Harleen, transforming her in Harley Queen, in the last chapter of the title; a little bit like the movie Joker (but not so violent because Harleen's past isn't the same of Arthur), which is totally focused on the life of Arthur Fleck, where Joker appears only in the last twenty minutes of the movie.
    I'm not saying it isn't a good book (Sejic art made me always crazy), simply it isn't my cup of tea.
    Last edited by Gotham citizen; 11-17-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    I'm sorry but I didn't like Harleen, because I was hoping it was a comic focuses on the past of Harleen, who she was before to start to work at the Arkham Asilum and why that past created the premises so that Harleen became Harley, telling the part where Joker seduces Harleen, transforming her in Harley Queen, in the last chapter of the title; a little bit like the movie Joker (but not so violent because Harleen's past isn't the same of Arthur), which is totally focused on the life of Arthur Fleck, where Joker appears only in the last twenty minutes of the movie.
    I'm not saying it isn't a good book (Sejic art made me always crazy), simply it isn't my cup of tea.
    Enjoyment is of course deeply subjective, but I think your criticism misses the mark a bit. Harleen is AFAIK the first real look at the character of Harleen Quinzel—as opposed to Harley Quinn—we have had. She was barely a character in Mad Love, and the one we get in Criminal Sanity is just barely outlined right now, and arguably rather different from the way Harleen has been set up in the past.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    perfectly understandable no book ever has been everyone's cup of tea, but i got many pots brewing so sooner or later we'll meet again

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Enjoyment is of course deeply subjective, but I think your criticism misses the mark a bit. Harleen is AFAIK the first real look at the character of Harleen Quinzel—as opposed to Harley Quinn—we have had. She was barely a character in Mad Love, and the one we get in Criminal Sanity is just barely outlined right now, and arguably rather different from the way Harleen has been set up in the past.
    I understand that, but after having see Joker I started to think how write a similar story, but about Harleen and just in that moment I saw the book Harleen, so I approached the book having already in my mind a very clear and detailed idea of the story I wanted read; we can say Harleen start at the middle of where I would started.

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    perfectly understandable no book ever has been everyone's cup of tea, but i got many pots brewing so sooner or later we'll meet again
    Well, you and your wife already brewed some good "cup of tea" for me, like Artifacts, Ravine and Bloodstain.
    Last edited by Gotham citizen; 11-17-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Beautiful artwork (I've been a fan of Sejic ever since his Top Cow days - one of the artists who truly "got" Jackie Estacado) but I'm still really unsure how I feel about the story. I was hoping for a more varied take on Harleen's downfall while this of course has proven to be more traditional. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate it's high quality storytelling, just not the story I was hoping for.
    Check out my new action comedy comic Supermom. Superhero Voltra is out to stop her archnemesis from taking over the world. There's just one problem: she's pregnant... and he's the father.

Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986r..._Pack.pdf/file