How does the sword cling to Cheetah's back!!? Is that part of its magic?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Spectacular Member

Well, that variant cover is stunning! I would love that as a poster.

As for the rest of the preview...all pages of Maggie and Atlantiades discussing the Damsel in Distress.

For a preview, meh. I hope the actual issue is better.

Magical sword sheaths that cling to fur and supporting characters supplanting the lead character.

With the announcement a couple of weeks ago of what GWW is doing next, it feels like she's been phoning it in for a while. (Caveat: I have zero idea of the editorial or corporate interference she may, or may not have faced in developing her stories.)

Surprise, Wilson's pet characters still here and there to save the day. Yawn.

Wake me up when DC gives Wonder Woman a good writer again.

I'm not going to harsh on an unfinished story, but I think in general that good dramatic storytelling requires the characters to help save each other—and that includes the hero. And from a thematic standpoint, Wilson has continually managed to dig into Diana's character and what she stands for in a way that no other writer I know of has.

However, the dialogue between Maggie and Atlantiades felt a bit rushed, and Scot Eaton's pencils pushes Atlantiades even more into a feminine figure, and I'm not a fan of the giant boobs on Cheetah either.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

All-New Member

Oh, look, the creator's pets are here to provide some more exposition on the plot and point some stuff out while the titular character is off being depressed or something. What a surprise. Yippee.

Must say I was happier, with Etta on the horizon, in the last issue, and Maggie on the Island. The set-up from the Walmart giant comic of Diana and Etta sharing the Ocean City beach house, with the ubiquitous Atlantiades, has comedically NUCLEAR promise! I hope it's still a possibility, and that Maggie will be returning to her magic island, after popping up in this preview.

Diana, Etta and Atlantiades sharing a house? A goodnatured Amazon princess, a brash African American woman and a pompous, winged, transgender Greek god ..share a beach house?! Forget the WW comic! I want the sitcom!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-24-2019 at 04:33 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Surprise, Wilson's pet characters still here and there to save the day. Yawn.

Wake me up when DC gives Wonder Woman a good writer again.

Sadly, I have to agree. I really hope when Orlando takes over, he 86s all of Wilson's creations. They've done little to nothing for me.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Out of all of GWW's creations, I'd keep Atlantiades around - they've shown and have got some more promise.

I hope Orlando brings the epic drama and adventure and romance.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Sadly, I have to agree. I really hope when Orlando takes over, he 86s all of Wilson's creations. They've done little to nothing for me.
    While I have no interest in Maggie or the other three, if any of them survive GWW's final arc, I hope they're not completely 86'd.

That's been a big problem whenever WW gets a new creative team. Her core supporting characters are never developed fully and newer additions just get jettisoned.

I don't want Maggie or the other three so prominently featured again, but perhaps cameos and occasional mentions maybe.