Default Boba Fett vs The Mando With No Name?

Movies (and Holiday Special) Boba Fett vs I believe with the SW Celebration sneak and the Trailer, we now officially have more footage of the Mando with no Name in action then of Boba Fett, (no the jet pack concept art doesn't count for the Mando, he does not have one (yet)) only use the actions, gear and skills from the footage we've seen.

Last edited by Güicho; 09-26-2019 at 08:30 AM.

I miss the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I miss the EU.

Is the Mando stealing all his best Boba Feats?

Tech in the helmet, and Whispering-Birds was a nice addition.
    Still needs his own jetpack!
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-23-2019 at 06:26 AM.

well defense goes to Mando as he is damn near blaster proof now.

He also is a better shot, never really missing i think. also seems faster on the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    well defense goes to Mando as he is damn near blaster proof now.
    Can't we assume that the Fett's armor is all retroactively Beskar too?

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post

He also is a better shot, never really missing i think.
    So that he shot Greef Carga precisely in his Beskar stash was intentional, specifically to spare him, was my take too.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-26-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Can't we assume that the Fett's armor is all retroactively Beskar too?
    I think Beskar is supposedly rare and shiny, like what captain phasma has...though apparently that's another type of very rare metal/currency that's also blaster proof.
    missed opportunity heh..

Even amongst mandalorians it's a rare armor to have, and you have to be a certain rank to be allowed to wear it. plus boba is'nt a mandalorian to begin it.

So that he shot Greef Carga precisely in his Beskar stash was intentional, specifically to spare him, was my take too.
    yea i think so. also he just takes his time shooting, making every shot count, i don't think we have seen him miss his target so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I miss the EU.
    I miss a good bit of the EU. I do not however miss the EU Boba Fett, or at least what he became after they retconned him and Mandalorians about a half dozen times. Particularly when he became Karen Traviss's pet mary sue.

The Mandalorian just reminds me what an absolute jobber Boba was in RotJ.

I also liked the Jango vs. Obi Wan fight, but that Mace Windu "fight" was so disappointing.

May the Mando with No Name redeem their showings. So far he's doing an admirable job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The Mandalorian just reminds me what an absolute jobber Boba was in RotJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    ....that Mace Windu "fight" was so disappointing.

Yeah it didn't go well for either.

I think the best showing under Lucas for a Fett was actually the Holiday Special animated segment.

Although truth is I think where Fett was at his best was in peoples imagination, for the the years gap between Empire and Jedi, where people likely of Favreau's generation became so obsessed with the possibility of Fett/Mandalorian type character.
    Unless you were there that gen and time, seeing it in the actual movies you might never understand this) since ESB ended with till then the most bad ass character Solo, being hauled off by a total mysterious stranger you knew little to nothing about.
    He was just one of those lined up with the other hunters, and who in the end is the one who took off with freakin Han Solo, cliff hanger.
    For those next three years that's all that was known, everyone just had to imagine (and we all did) for ourselves who this guy was.

You couldn't pop in the next DVD, (lol actually video tape), or read the novel, or the comic, or look on wiki, or anything, and find out what happened to Solo, or get the story on this character, anywhere.
    You had to wait, .... 3 years.
    And what did every kid do in those 3 years, they projected and imagined every wicked, awesome scenario and narrative they could dream up, onto this character.

Those who come to the character after ROTJ, who experienced one quickly leading to the other without the gap, after everything was said and done, and are like- I don't get it, he did nothing, and he gets knocked in the hole and dies, when did everyone become so fascinated?
    And that's just it, they will never get it, because they never had those three years, where he pretty much did and was anything you could imagine. The character was already much greater than anything in ROTJ, or what the expanded U eventually gave him.

The Mandalorian show is somewhat trying to recapture that three year gap for those people, pretty much Favreau's imagining what a blank-slate-Mandalorian is again.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-30-2019 at 09:02 PM.