Thread: Ra's Al Guhl

Amazing Member

Default Ra's Al Guhl

Big Joker fan here.

Still, I acknowledge Ra's Al Guhl is right up there with the Joker when it comes to Batman's greatest foes.

My main sources of Ra's knowledge are Batman: Legacy and JLA: Tower of Babel. I collected damn near every Bat comic in the 90s and those were pretty much it.

Comixology had a Batman sale so I bought Birth of the Demon (which includes Birth, Son, and Bride of the Demon) and Death of the Maidens.

I also have a DC Universe subscription so I can reread Tower of Babel and Legacy. Also I'm pretty sure they have Resurrection.

Any other notable Ra's appearances I'm missing?

I noticed DC Universe has almost all of his earliest appearances, are those canon?

Anyway, just wanted to catch up on the Bat's (second) greatest villain.

Amazing Member

Batman Begins was my first exposure to the character and its good example how good he can be.
    Last edited by Mago dos Gatos; 09-24-2019 at 08:25 PM.

My first exposure to Ra's al Ghul was in the B:TAS episode known as "Off-Balance".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    My first exposure to Ra's al Ghul was in the B:TAS episode known as "Off-Balance".
    Same. I then went onto Batman Begins and Dennis O'Neil's books.

Mighty Member

The Legacy event in the late 90s (before No Man's Land and Tower of Babel), Rucka's first arc on Detective (something like 'Tec 742-750) right after No Man's Land, the Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul event in the mid-00s (takes place after Death and the Maidens), and the Tales of the Demon (the original Denny O'Neil stories) are the only things I can think you're missing
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Empty is thy hand!

Tales of the Demon is pretty much essential, imo. It might be out of print, but all of it should be online.

Incredible Member

raw had a pretty good story line in the 00’s Legion book. Just read it and really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Same. I then went onto Batman Begins and Dennis O'Neil's books.
    Wanna know a funny story? When the episode ended with that close-up of his face, I simply had no idea who that was. Later, when Ra's al Ghul showed up in the Batcave and introduced himself to an unmasked Bruce Wayne in the B:TAS episode known as "The Demon's Quest: Part 1", I was finally able to get a name to go along with that face.